3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

sheamy

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 25, 2011, 11:45:13 AM
Glad to see Gallagher has come out fighting this morning. There's no place in this election campaign for the dirt that McGuinness and Sinn Fein have tried to intoduce. Then again, when you let terrorists run for office of president, you are bound to get something like that.

Dirt? If we had more 'Dirt' over the years, the country might not be in the disaster it is now. The establishment is and was rotten to the core. Thankfully there are some people left outside of it with enough balls to highlight 'Dirt' like this. Long may McG and SF continue to expose corruption, greed and cronyism.

Tubberman

Glad to see Gallagher has come out fighting this morning. There's no place in this election campaign for the dirt that McGuinness and Sinn Fein have tried to intoduce. Then again, when you let terrorists run for office of president, you are bound to get something like that.

It's Gallagher's own fault that there is dirt to dig up, and that he couldn't handle it when confronted with it.
However, it is of course more than a bit rich for MMcG to be accusing someone of lying and dishonesty given his own history.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Sea The Stars

Quote from: sheamy on October 25, 2011, 11:51:27 AM

Dirt? If we had more 'Dirt' over the years, the country might not be in the disaster it is now. The establishment is and was rotten to the core. Thankfully there are some people left outside of it with enough balls to highlight 'Dirt' like this. Long may McG and SF continue to expose corruption, greed and cronyism.

The irony !!

Tubberman

Quote from: sheamy on October 25, 2011, 11:51:27 AM

But if anyone questions McG and SF that's below the belt and partitionist? How does that work?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Ulick

If they wanted to bring up dirt they could have introduced the rumours about his divorce and annulment which are all over the web. His shady financial dealing are fair game by all normal standards.

Bingo

Gotta love some of the stuff on this thread.

One man is hung cause of his FF past.

One man is glorified cause of his IRA past.

Gallagher took a beating last night no doubt and I'd say the timing of it was well planned with election so close, be interesting to see how the opinion poll. Whatever effect it has on Gallagher, I don't think McGuinness will benefit though. I've heard McGuinness a right few times since the campaign started and he basically says the same thing all the time - peacemaking with Peter Robinson, country ruined by FF/bankers/developers, 32 county president, I live on industrial wage and will continue to do so. I don't think he has much substance to him and the early part of his campaign was about defending the attacks on him from FG and it done him no harm. For SF contast attacks on banks/developers/risk takers they seem to forget the key point that should he become president and be sent as an ambassador abroad that he would have to really suck up to these type of people  - people who invest and seek handsome rewards for doing so and I'm not talking to envelopes, i mean lower tax rates, reward programmes, grants etc. I think SF econmic policy is a million miles from what investing parties will be attracted.

liihb

The double standards here continue to amaze. Its not OK to be part of a political establishment that messed this country up, but it is OK to be part of an organization that terrorised and killed innocents. Seriously lads, have a look at yourselves.
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

sheamy

Quote from: liihb on October 25, 2011, 11:59:11 AM
The double standards here continue to amaze. Its not OK to be part of a political establishment that messed this country up, but it is OK to be part of an organization that terrorised and killed innocents. Seriously lads, have a look at yourselves.

Are those the same innocents Jack Lynch spoke about?

'It is clear now that the present situation cannot be allowed to continue. It is evident also that the Stormont government is no longer in control of the situation. Indeed, the present situation is the inevitable outcome of the policies pursued for decades by successive Stormont governments. It is clear also that the Irish Government can no longer stand by and see innocent people injured and perhaps worse. It is obvious that the RUC is no longer accepted as an impartial police force. Neither would the employment of British troops be acceptable nor would they be likely to restore peaceful conditions, certainly not in the long term.....We have also asked the British Government to see to it that police attacks on the people of Derry should cease immediately.'

Seriously lads, take at look at yourselves.

Nally Stand

On the morning after Sean Gallagher is exposed as a liar, the knives are out for McGuinness on GAA board. It's fantastic because it goes to show, deep down, you know McG won the debate by a loooooong way, and ye are having a hissy fit. Liihb, you keep referring to Pat's big moment of talking about the twitter account. The twitter account he spoke of was unofficial and Pat told us something untrue as a result, (ie that SF would be bringing this man forward to the media), if that impresses you so much, I'm astounded!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Sea The Stars

Quote from: sheamy on October 25, 2011, 12:07:43 PM

'It is clear now that the present situation cannot be allowed to continue. It is evident also that the Stormont government is no longer in control of the situation. Indeed, the present situation is the inevitable outcome of the policies pursued for decades by successive Stormont governments. It is clear also that the Irish Government can no longer stand by and see innocent people injured and perhaps worse. It is obvious that the RUC is no longer accepted as an impartial police force. Neither would the employment of British troops be acceptable nor would they be likely to restore peaceful conditions, certainly not in the long term.....We have also asked the British Government to see to it that police attacks on the people of Derry should cease immediately.'

Are you going to answer the question the above poster asked or not?

Is this a common thing for Derry people to refuse to answer questions that they can't answer?

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2011, 12:12:44 PM
On the morning after Sean Gallagher is exposed as a liar, the knives are out for McGuinness on GAA board. It's fantastic because it goes to show, deep down, you know McG won the debate by a loooooong way, and ye are having a hissy fit. Liihb, you keep referring to Pat's big moment of talking about the twitter account. The twitter account he spoke of was unofficial and Pat told us something untrue as a result, (ie that SF would be bringing this man forward to the media), if that impresses you so much, I'm astounded!!

The people with sense have always had the knives out for McGuinness.

Nothing to do with the debate last night - one of two people will be president this time next week. That was obvious before the debate, and remains obvious after it.

My real problem is that McGuinness had been allowed to disrespect the office of president with his dirt strategies.

sheamy

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 25, 2011, 12:14:26 PM

where's the question? I only see a statement of opinion surrounding membership of Fianna Fail verses membership of the IRA (I'll ignore the fact that most of the founders of Fianna Fail came from IRA ranks). If you want another opinion in the interests of discussion, here's one.

Our parents took to the streets in peaceful protest to try and get a vote and something bordering on equality. They were beaten off them by the RUC. The British Army then killed 14 people on another peaceful protest. We had Bombay Street with hundreds of people burnt out of their homes. People like Martin McGuinness stood up and was counted unlike the useless words above. You don't have to like it. Frankly, I don't give a shit.

Collins, deValera, Lemass...the whole lot of them. They couldn't achieve what McGuinness and his colleagues have acheived in bringing peace with all shades of unionism and loyalism within a framework of equality. Now he's exposing corruption the like of which destroyed the country. If you don't like that behaviour, you're entitled to that opinion. However, I would call exposing these things as in the interest of the public. If people still want to vote for Gallagher, then so be it. That's democracy.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 25, 2011, 12:14:26 PM
Quote from: sheamy on October 25, 2011, 12:07:43 PM

Is this a common thing for Derry people to refuse to answer questions that they can't answer?

I'm surprised your not calling it Londonderry you sell out!

Trout

He accepted defeat to the Brits i will give him that, the fact that the Brits were running both sides of the conflict was a big help.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule