Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

turk

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2011, 12:38:19 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2011, 11:47:32 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 08, 2011, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on July 12, 2011, 05:09:50 PM
Norris is now the 13/8 favourite with Paddypower - personally, I've gone off him entirely.   As someone said, he handled the aftermath to his initial comments very badly. 
It's Michael D for me, certainly not that Gay bugger anyway!!  I mean Mitchell of course, awful choice for FG, although the alternatives didn't seem much better.
it gets worse, is Gay Byrne really an option??

Would anyone actually vote for him?

Sadly, he'd win it in a canter.

No, no, no, no, no! It cannot be allowed to happen. What has become of us? A sanctimonious, preachy t**ser of a talk show host is even considered an option for President? You know this campaign so far makes a great case for a monarchy if you have to have a ceremonial head of State. Why don't we just get rid of the Presidency if its come to this? Gay Byrne for f**ks sake.

I too am aghast at the prospects of Byrne become president.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Not that fussed on Michael D either, he's too grandfatherly and he'll also bore the tits of foreign dignitaries, he's too eccentric and would give a bad reflection of Ireland on the world stage, when what we need is a younger, moderner more forward looking image of the country to be promoted!

As for Gaybo, well enough said, he's a tosser!
Tbc....

Billys Boots

Quote from: turk on August 08, 2011, 01:05:33 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2011, 12:38:19 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2011, 11:47:32 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 08, 2011, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on July 12, 2011, 05:09:50 PM
Norris is now the 13/8 favourite with Paddypower - personally, I've gone off him entirely.   As someone said, he handled the aftermath to his initial comments very badly. 
It's Michael D for me, certainly not that Gay bugger anyway!!  I mean Mitchell of course, awful choice for FG, although the alternatives didn't seem much better.
it gets worse, is Gay Byrne really an option??

Would anyone actually vote for him?

Sadly, he'd win it in a canter.

No, no, no, no, no! It cannot be allowed to happen. What has become of us? A sanctimonious, preachy t**ser of a talk show host is even considered an option for President? You know this campaign so far makes a great case for a monarchy if you have to have a ceremonial head of State. Why don't we just get rid of the Presidency if its come to this? Gay Byrne for f**ks sake.

I too am aghast at the prospects of Byrne become president.

As am I, and also at the prospect of Gay 'Olympics' Mitchell appearing at my door (in fact at anyone's door).  Are FF busy trawling the populace for a least-offensive (to the men-of-Erin) candidate?? - they'd be better off keeping the fecking heads down at present.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I heard Mickey Harte mentioned there on Newstalk. Very much doubt he'd go for it, and he'd have to have an auld shave, but he has carried himself well through many good and bad times.

It just shows how barren our political landscape is when we are even considering lads like Gaybo and Mickey, but if it was a contest I'd vote for Harte.

snippets

Some turnaround though from a week ago.  Now it looks like Byrne will be the "only Gay in the race."   ;)
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

snippets

Theres one Irish man and possibly only one who the Europeans love, the Irish will vote for and the country will be united behind.  Outside Jackie Charlton our greatest success in Europe has been due to:

Johnny Logan. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Bogball XV

Quote from: snippets on August 08, 2011, 01:39:22 PM
Some turnaround though from a week ago.  Now it looks like Byrne will be the "only Gay in the race."   ;)
ah no, Gay Mitchell is the FG candidate - nice try though.

I might emigrate if either gay gets in - tbh, the way things are going I wouldn't mind getting out of here for a few years.

Btw Byrne is 77, too old to run for anything but pope you'd think?

Maguire01

Rumours persist that Miriam O'Callaghan will join the race, according to Radio Ulster this morning.

Hardy

Sweet leppin lord, it gets worse.

Donnellys Hollow

Why don't they just forget about an election and have all the Montrose muppets compete in one of their awful reality phone-in shows to decide who gets the gig.

If it has to be an RTÉ personality then I wish to officially launch the "Ted Walsh for the Áras" campaign.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

AQMP

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 08, 2011, 06:39:06 PM
Why don't they just forget about an election and have all the Montrose muppets compete in one of their awful reality phone-in shows to decide who gets the gig.

If it has to be an RTÉ personality then I wish to officially launch the "Ted Walsh for the Áras" campaign.

Brolly and Spillane on a joint dream ticket!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2011, 06:27:48 PM

Nothing I've heard mooted thus far could be worse that Gay Byrne.

Bogball XV

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 09, 2011, 11:08:39 AM
Quote from: Hardy on August 08, 2011, 06:27:48 PM

Nothing I've heard mooted thus far could be worse that Gay Byrne.

I just heard a mention for Liveline Joe, that's worse (indisputably).

Hound

Given the politicians can only come up with rubbish (IMO) candidates so far, I'm all in favour of getting some "personality" to go for President. Unfortunately none mentioned so far fit the bill for me either, but I'm sure there must be some out there.

Some of the anti-Gay Byrne commentators have focused on him not being a politician, and thus not being qualified to be President. I think that's bull. You don't need to be a politician to be President, you need to be intelligent.