3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Tubberman

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 25, 2011, 05:36:06 PM
Why anybody would believe Morgan's version of events is beyond me.

First the giy is a convincted criminal which straight away marks him out as a dishonest person. Secondly, he has very close Sinn Fein connections from the last General Election so there's his motive. It's all very convenient that this story has come out a couple of days after Gallagher has begun to run away with the Election. 

To me the whole thing is clearly a set-up and it is so sad that Sinn Fein are being allowed carry out these deceitful tactics in the name of the presidency.

I feel so sorry for the people who are judging Gallagher's president credentials on this non-issue. These people are naive and fickle.

I also have sympathy for Gallagher who is unfortunetely on the recieving end of these allegations. I guess it comes with the territory but it demeans the office of president in my opinion. It's all so wrong that Martin McGuinness and his Sinn Fein colleagues are allowed to do this.

It is obviously being orchestrated by SF, but I have no reason to disbelieve Morgan's version of events at the moment.
At every stage, Gallagher has been less than forthcoming in his FF involvement - it's only when facts come to light that he admits that bit more about his real involvement with them.
There's nothing illegal in being in FF, but he chose to mislead people. If he'll mislead them about that, what else is he hiding. He comes across as the pure old school FF, out to cod the people for their own gain.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Tubberman on October 25, 2011, 05:40:11 PM

First the giy is a convincted criminal which straight away marks him out as a dishonest person. Secondly, he has very close Sinn Fein connections from the last General Election so there's his motive. It's all very convenient that this story has come out a couple of days after Gallagher has begun to run away with the Election. 

To me the whole thing is clearly a set-up and it is so sad that Sinn Fein are being allowed carry out these deceitful tactics in the name of the presidency.

I feel so sorry for the people who are judging Gallagher's president credentials on this non-issue. These people are naive and fickle.

I also have sympathy for Gallagher who is unfortunetely on the recieving end of these allegations. I guess it comes with the territory but it demeans the office of president in my opinion. It's all so wrong that Martin McGuinness and his Sinn Fein colleagues are allowed to do this.

It is obviously being orchestrated by SF, but I have no reason to disbelieve Morgan's version of events at the moment.
At every stage, Gallagher has been less than forthcoming in his FF involvement - it's only when facts come to light that he admits that bit more about his real involvement with them.
There's nothing illegal in being in FF, but he chose to mislead people. If he'll mislead them about that, what else is he hiding. He comes across as the pure old school FF, out to cod the people for their own gain.

The fact that he would attend a FF fundraiser means he's hardly a dyed in the wool Shinner. Unless of course you believe that SF had predicted in 2008 that this low level FF apparatchik would end up running for President.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Declan

QuoteHe comes across as the pure old school FF, out to cod the people for their own gain.

Fixed that Tubberman ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Declan on October 25, 2011, 05:56:15 PM
QuoteHe comes across as the pure old school FF, out to cod the people for their own gain.

Fixed that Tubberman ;)

& let no one ever forget it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Sea The Stars

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 25, 2011, 05:45:28 PM

The fact that he would attend a FF fundraiser means he's hardly a dyed in the wool Shinner. Unless of course you believe that SF had predicted in 2008 that this low level FF apparatchik would end up running for President.

Morgan is a mercenary. It was in his business interests to meet Fianna Fail back then but as recently as last Spring, his office was being rented out to Gerry Adams and who knows what sort of money Sinn Fein offered him to substantiate last night's claims.

Nobody is denying that Gallagher took part in the fundraiser. It's his role in that fundraising event that Morgan and Sinn Fein are attempting to exaggerate - "came to the house twice", "arranged for me to meet Cowan", "these are the mobile numbers", "personally gave him the cheque". These are outrageous allegations which can neither be proven nor disproven.

As I say, anybody who gives precedent to Morgan's statement is very, very naive.

Sea The Stars

I doubt Morgan's claims for a number of reasons.

1) They contradict FF's statement earlier today.
2) He is a convicted criminal
3) he has Sinn Fein connections

I do not think Gallagher has set out to deceive people. He is committed to a positive campaign and has possibly become too obsessed with this kind of approach that it has been detrimental when questions about the finer details of his FF past have arose. 

Ulick

If what you say is TRUE StS, then why has Gallagher not refuted the version of events outlined in statement from Morgan?

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Ulick on October 25, 2011, 06:20:03 PM
If what you say is TRUE StS, then why has Gallagher not refuted the version of events outlined in statement from Morgan?

I believe he has detailed his version of events on several radio programmes today.

I am not aware that he has been given the opportunity to respond to Morgan's statement?

armaghniac

If Gallagher wins, this is going to get messy when Armagh win the All Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Declan

QuoteI believe he has detailed his version of events on several radio programmes today.

I am not aware that he has been given the opportunity to respond to Morgan's statement?

He did issue a statement but didn't comment on Morgan's statement other than to say that it differs from the version Marty said he told him on the phone last night - I don't remember McGuinness mentioning the photo or the timing of it etc.

Ulick

He just denied lifting the cheque on 6.1 but admited "soliciting monies" on behalf of FF.

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Ulick on October 25, 2011, 06:36:47 PM
He just denied lifting the cheque on 6.1 but admited "soliciting monies" on behalf of FF.

Ulick you must be quite innocent !! If that exchange between Dobson and Gallagher has led to you to that conclusion, you are be very easily confused.

Ulick

Quote from: Sea The Stars on October 25, 2011, 06:41:32 PM
Quote from: Ulick on October 25, 2011, 06:36:47 PM

Ulick you must be quite innocent !! If that exchange between Dobson and Gallagher has led to you to that conclusion, you are be very easily confused.

Eh? He was flip flopping all over the place and eventually said he agreed with Dobson that he  solicited donations on behalf of FF - a direct contradiction of what his spokesperson said last week and he himself said this morning. He's been proven a liar at least three or four times in the last 24 hours. The coup de grâce now would be Morgan producing a receipt.

Declan

QuoteThe coup de grâce now would be Morgan producing a receipt.

To quote that paragon of FF supporters Mr Bailey - Will he F***