Osama Dead

Started by Denn Forever, May 02, 2011, 05:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on May 04, 2011, 04:30:54 PM
The burning question now is who will be selected as America's next bogeyman?

In large swathes of red states it is already Barak Hussein Obama,
the evil mastermind behind extended government healthcare.

Blowitupref

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy."

"Returning violence for violence multiples violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

- Martin Luther King, Jr

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

theskull1

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2011, 05:18:52 PM
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy."

"Returning violence for violence multiples violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

- Martin Luther King, Jr

f**king liberals  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

magpie seanie

I think that quote by Martin Luther King is fantastic and a great standard to try to live up to.

dec

- Martin Luther King, Jr

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/05/the-shy-woman-whose-words-accidentally-became-martin-luther-kings/238309/

The first part is not from MLK

Blowitupref

Quote from: dec on May 04, 2011, 05:30:55 PM

- Martin Luther King, Jr

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/05/the-shy-woman-whose-words-accidentally-became-martin-luther-kings/238309/

The first part is not from MLK

Fair enough i should know better not to trust twitter quotes  :-\
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tyrones own

I see the circus continues with the mid stream media regarding the showing of Bin Laden's photos
... Where was their circumspection when they released the photo's of Abu Ghraib a couple of years ago, was the assured inflammatory fallout in the Arab world of those photos different somehow  ::) Pathetic!
Maybe they'll hold them off for a few days to take the bad look off the unemployment figures
due out this week.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Declan

US Attorney General Eric Holder has said that al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden was a lawful military target.

He told the Senate Judiciary Committee that Bin Laden had made no attempt to surrender, and his killing was "an act of national self-defence".

The US has acknowledged that Bin Laden was unarmed when he was shot dead in Monday's raid by US Navy Seals in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

Critics have raised concerns about the legality of the operation.

"If he had surrendered, attempted to surrender, I think we should obviously have accepted that, but there was no indication that he wanted to do that and therefore his killing was appropriate," said Mr Holder, reports Reuters news agency.

President Barack Obama, who authorised the operation and watched it unfold from the White House, saw his approval rating jump 11 points to 57% in a New York Times / CBS News poll on Wednesday.

He plans to visit the World Trade Center site in New York on Thursday to remember victims of the 11 September attacks, of which Bin Laden was said to be the mastermind.

No surprises in that.considering the US declined a request from the United Arab Emirates to assist an investigation into the assassination of a top Hamas commander in Dubai. I just wonder what would be judged to be unlawful killing in a war situation?

Tyrones own

Quote from: Declan on May 04, 2011, 05:50:15 PM
US Attorney General Eric Holder has said that al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden was a lawful military target.

He told the Senate Judiciary Committee that Bin Laden had made no attempt to surrender, and his killing was "an act of national self-defence".

The US has acknowledged that Bin Laden was unarmed when he was shot dead in Monday's raid by US Navy Seals in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

Critics have raised concerns about the legality of the operation.

"If he had surrendered, attempted to surrender, I think we should obviously have accepted that, but there was no indication that he wanted to do that and therefore his killing was appropriate," said Mr Holder, reports Reuters news agency.

President Barack Obama, who authorised the operation and watched it unfold from the White House, saw his approval rating jump 11 points to 57% in a New York Times / CBS News poll on Wednesday.

He plans to visit the World Trade Center site in New York on Thursday to remember victims of the 11 September attacks, of which Bin Laden was said to be the mastermind.

No surprises in that.considering the US declined a request from the United Arab Emirates to assist an investigation into the assassination of a top Hamas commander in Dubai. I just wonder what would be judged to be unlawful killing in a war situation?
Wow ...assassinating an unarmed man in a sovereign nation is somehow now legal according to Holder  :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

seafoid

the GOP couldn't say anthing. Obama should have cancelled the Bush tax cuts on Sunday night while he had the poll bump    ::)

muppet

MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Does anyone see a problem with supposed Christians jumping up and down celebrating the execution of an unarmed man, in front of his wife and kid and then dumping his body in the sea. Perhaps a Muslim looking in might be forgiven for thinking Christians are savages. After all Muslims were portrayed as savages when groups were seen cheering after the 9/11 attacks.

Tony Baloney

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 04, 2011, 07:23:56 PM
Does anyone see a problem with supposed Christians jumping up and down celebrating the execution of an unarmed man, in front of his wife and kid and then dumping his body in the sea. Perhaps a Muslim looking in might be forgiven for thinking Christians are savages. After all Muslims were portrayed as savages when groups were seen cheering after the 9/11 attacks.

It is very poor form for the Yanks. Crowd of mucksavages.