All Ireland U21 Football Final Cavan v Galway, 1st May Croke Park

Started by mylestheslasher, April 18, 2011, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orchard 8195

Quote from: Jinxy on April 21, 2011, 09:53:53 PM
Was that umpire ever given the freedom of Cavan?
Dodgy point alright. Also Larry Reilly seemed to bounce the ball twice before putting it over with his right minutes after. Jason Reilly looks about 12 in the interview at the end,  :D Remember going to Croker for the semi that year as a 10 yr old to support the Breffini men. Hope they do it on the 1st May!!

mylestheslasher

Galway favourites at 8/15, Cavan 11/8.

Tom reilly, Cavan chairman, was on the radio saying he estimated there would be between 15k and 20k going from Cavan which is totally crazy. Could that possibly be correct - there is only 60k in the county.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 26, 2011, 10:02:31 PM

Tom reilly, Cavan chairman, was on the radio saying he estimated there would be between 15k and 20k going from Cavan which is totally crazy. Could that possibly be correct - there is only 60k in the county.

I dont know how many were in thurles in 96 which was a long journey but there could have been 15k so wouldnt be suprised.  The clubs had to have there numbers in for tickets last night so he would have some idea from that.

galwayman

Galway team was named tonight. Team unchanged from the semi final. I think it's been the same fifteen that have started all 3 games so far actually.
The 3 boys in the full forward line were probably the only ones under any real pressure of losing their place.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Denn Forever

16.00 Dublin vs Kilkenny.  Gotta rebuild their confidence.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

anglocelt39

There were 63k in croker for the 1997 aisf of which I'd say about 45k were drawn in by Cavan's presence. We would have drawn support from places like Louth Leitrim and Longford that day and of course there's a large dormant Cavan support in Dublin which will come out on days like that. Coming up the Naas dual carriageway that day there were more Cavan than Kerry colours on show. We draw support from all sorts of places. having said all that that was a senior semi final in 97, this is an Under 21 final in 2011 and I agree with your assessment that 15k is pretty optimistic. Still, should be great craic
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2011, 09:19:20 PM

97 ulster final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2e2EV8vNDU

Mairtin Beag did a fabulous job but how did Derry only win one all-Ireland ? 
Ronan Carolan was some player as well.

Ah, jesus, dont get me/us started; yous, down,galway,armagh,tyrone, the wounds still havent healed!!!!

Hope you lot win the u21s; have enjoyed followin your progress, and reading the obvious passion a fair few of yous on here have for your county despite a fair few barren years...

seafoid

There must be a lot of Cavan exiles in Kildare, Meath and Dublin.

ross matt

I'll always support the Connacht side so best of luck to the tribesmen but wouldnt begrudge Cavan if it went their way. Strange one for Galway not being underdogs here but I reckon Mulholland will have their feet firmly on the ground all the same.

seafoid

Quote from: ross matt on April 27, 2011, 07:06:05 PM
I'll always support the Connacht side so best of luck to the tribesmen but wouldnt begrudge Cavan if it went their way. Strange one for Galway not being underdogs here but I reckon Mulholland will have their feet firmly on the ground all the same.

I feel the same way too Ross Matt.

galwayman

Should be a good game.
Saw a photo in the Tuam Herald today of the squad before the Cork game.There were the 24 togged players plus 4 others one of which included Peadar Og O Griofa from last years minor team.
I would have thought that he'd be worth a place in the 24 surely? Especially considering our full forward line hasn't been great so far.
You'd imagine he'd be one of the first guys you would bring on if you were in need of a few scores.
Murphy & Farragher are both decent forwards but O'Griofa is as good as them.

cavanmaniac

Anybody know where I might get a stream of the match? TG4's player won't work outside Ireland so I'm kinda goosed...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2011, 07:16:20 PM
Quote from: ross matt on April 27, 2011, 07:06:05 PM

I feel the same way too Ross Matt.

:D :D i bet you do
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001