Div 2 final croke park sun 24 april LAOIS V DONEGAL

Started by goal 10, April 17, 2011, 10:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goal 10

Congratulations to the laois management & the Laois panel of payers for getting us
promoted to div 1 & the league final this sunday, just a few things about last sundays game.

no1  Brendan Quigley needs to step up on his performance and cut out does silly mistakes

no2  our goalkeeper needs to get his kickout on target & try to fine a loose Laois player on his own.

no3  Dennis Booth to stop giving away silly frees.

no4  Ross Munnelly needs to start scoring again.

no5  Donie Kingston needs to get fit & start at fullforward.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Donegal by 3. Had they not given away so many silly frees last time out it would have been a different game. Donegal will have learned.

donegal lad

anyone else on here from donegal hear anything about murphy being stretchered off during his club game at the weekend if its true big loss for donegal and i would be less confident of getting the win next week if hes fit i think donegal by 3 or 4 will have learnt from the mistakes made the last day

laoislad

Quote from: ck on April 17, 2011, 11:05:26 PM
Donegal by 3. Had they not given away so many silly frees last time out it would have been a different game. Donegal will have learned.

You mean if Laois hadn't given away a silly goal it would have been a much easier final 10 mins for Laois...

Should be a good game,can't call it but really does it matter?
It be nice to win a trophy of course but we are already promoted so I'm happy enough whatever happens Sunday.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

Losing these league finals can have a demoralising effect on the team going into the Championship as they say success breeds success & Laois haven't won that many senior honours at Croke park! so this shouldn't be sneezed at.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RMDrive

Quote from: donegal lad on April 18, 2011, 12:03:48 AM
anyone else on here from donegal hear anything about murphy being stretchered off during his club game at the weekend if its true big loss for donegal and i would be less confident of getting the win next week if hes fit i think donegal by 3 or 4 will have learnt from the mistakes made the last day

Aye he went off after only a few minutes. Leg injury of some sort. Haven't heard anything more. Karl Lacey, Kevin Cassidy and Paddy McGrath all doubtful as well.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on April 18, 2011, 04:37:28 PM
Quote from: ck on April 17, 2011, 11:05:26 PM

You mean if Laois hadn't given away a silly goal it would have been a much easier final 10 mins for Laois...

Should be a good game,can't call it but really does it matter?
It be nice to win a trophy of course but we are already promoted so I'm happy enough whatever happens Sunday.

Well if we're going down that road, sure Donegal messed up a 2-on-1 goal chance immediately before the Laois goal, when Dermot Molloy hit a weak shot instead of squaring to Michael Hegarty who was wide open in front of the Laois nets!  :)

Agree out the outcome of Sunday's game though. Who the hell (outside of the counties involved) remembers Division 2 final winners? And Donegal had an appalling championship in 2007 after winning the Division 1 league, while they had a decent season after losing the 2006 Division 2 final to Louth, so it definitely doesn't matter too much. In fact, given Donegal's history of not being able to handle raised expectations, in the larger scheme I'd almost prefer them to lose (respectably!) on Sunday!

I will be hoping we handle the midfield battle and the tackling a bit better this time however!

donegal lad

Quote from: RMDrive on April 18, 2011, 08:49:04 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on April 18, 2011, 12:03:48 AM

Aye he went off after only a few minutes. Leg injury of some sort. Haven't heard anything more. Karl Lacey, Kevin Cassidy and Paddy McGrath all doubtful as well.
aye have heard lacey and mc grath both major doubts but cassidy should be fit was told today murphy went off after the 1st minute after landing wrong when going for the ball although it might only be a dead leg but it still a doubt for sunday

Fuzzman

Did Cork not win the Div 2 final in 2009 and then the Div 1 title a year later.

As McGuinness knows its about changing the team to believe in a winning mentality.

laoisgaa

Laois to win this Sunday - everything going right for us at the moment - no injuries. I just interviewed Peter O Leary in the past two hours - lads arent getting caught up in the hype in Laois because there is none! Serious lack of flags out for what is a rare final appearance. Laois havent won league silverware of any kind since 1986 and no Senior silverware since 2003.

PAULD123

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 18, 2011, 07:44:14 PM
Losing these league finals can have a demoralising effect on the team going into the Championship as they say success breeds success & Laois haven't won that many senior honours at Croke park! so this shouldn't be sneezed at.

Down lost the same division 2 final last year and got to the All-Ireland Final.

RMDrive

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 20, 2011, 10:49:10 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 18, 2011, 07:44:14 PM

Down lost the same division 2 final last year and got to the All-Ireland Final.

Any maybe if they'd won it they would have beaten Cork  ;)

donegal lad

any1 have any updates on the donegal injuries have heard murphy is really doubtful now with this dead leg he picked up at the weekend hopefully hel be able to play tho but need lacey to be fit to play to mark tierney could be the winning and losing of the game that match up