All Ireland U21 Semi Final Cavan V Wexford

Started by hassletravel, April 16, 2011, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Hopefully Cavan can go all the way. It'd be horrible to be the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to the team that won the All Ireland.

Jinxy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 17, 2011, 08:59:43 AM
Great result but it flatters us. Cavan had nothing in the legs and wexford looked razor sharp early on. Wexford were unbelievable wasteful missing 3/4 excellent goal chances with o meara in goals making couple of good saves. But Cavan had the bit of extra class in the end and again used their subs well. Dara tighe was excellent in the backs, flanagan worked very hard but when we got the ball into mcdermot and Brady at ff we got scores. Well done to the team, winning in 3rd gear is a great habit. Hopefully we can go one better than before now.

Congratulations on the win Myles.
Do you think ye will beat Galway in the final?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Jinxy on April 17, 2011, 01:23:59 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 17, 2011, 08:59:43 AM
Great result but it flatters us. Cavan had nothing in the legs and wexford looked razor sharp early on. Wexford were unbelievable wasteful missing 3/4 excellent goal chances with o meara in goals making couple of good saves. But Cavan had the bit of extra class in the end and again used their subs well. Dara tighe was excellent in the backs, flanagan worked very hard but when we got the ball into mcdermot and Brady at ff we got scores. Well done to the team, winning in 3rd gear is a great habit. Hopefully we can go one better than before now.

Congratulations on the win Myles.
Do you think ye will beat Galway in the final?

When you are there you have a chance but I expect Galway will be favourites.

Jinxy

Surely Cavan would be raging hot, unbackable favourites having come out of Ulster?

anglocelt39

Quote from: Jinxy on April 17, 2011, 01:39:05 PM
Surely Cavan would be raging hot, unbackable favourites having come out of Ulster?

don't think so Jinxy direct line of form is provided by the Rossies who we had a tough ding dong with twice during the Hastings Cup. Galway saw them off with total ease in the Connacht final, at least on the scoreboard. Galway have since seen off Cork who were everybodys favourites. Still it's nice to be there to make up the numbers and I've no doubt our supporters will travel wherever the venue. Funny things can happen on the day and sure if I was offered odds of about 3/1 I might be tempted into a flutter ;)
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on April 17, 2011, 02:18:25 PM

don't think so Jinxy direct line of form is provided by the Rossies who we had a tough ding dong with twice during the Hastings Cup. Galway saw them off with total ease in the Connacht final, at least on the scoreboard. Galway have since seen off Cork who were everybodys favourites. Still it's nice to be there to make up the numbers and I've no doubt our supporters will travel wherever the venue. Funny things can happen on the day and sure if I was offered odds of about 3/1 I might be tempted into a flutter ;)

I backed Cavan at 9/1 for the AI after the semi with Donegal. In the excitement I totally forgot about it until I was on the way home last night.

club_man

Anyone know if there are any highlights of last nights game available? Can't seem to find any on the net.

Jinxy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 17, 2011, 02:41:14 PM

I backed Cavan at 9/1 for the AI after the semi with Donegal. In the excitement I totally forgot about it until I was on the way home last night.

You did yeah.
I'd say you have the docket nice and safe in your shoe.  :D

ross4life

Us rossies were the only one's here that talked up Cavan, for the record in the Hasting cup group game Cavan beat us by 7pts & in the Final we lost to ye by 3pts

So Galway will have to be at their best to win the All Ireland.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Looking at Cork and Galway last night was a reminder of how far behind in pace, gumption etc we were this year.
Would imagine Galway will be hot favourites but them Cavan lads have every chance.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

INDIANA

Quote from: Rossfan on April 17, 2011, 04:27:38 PM
Looking at Cork and Galway last night was a reminder of how far behind in pace, gumption etc we were this year.
Would imagine Galway will be hot favourites but them Cavan lads have every chance.

I actually fancy Cavan. I think to win an all-ireland semi after winning the ulster final 3 days before. Is nothing short of remarkable in my view.

Denn Forever

Any word on where the final is and when its on?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Zulu

laoisgaa

Sligo ha! I hadn't been in Markievicz Park for a few years until Laois-Sligo NFL2 a few weeks back - now two trips in a few weeks!

mylestheslasher

Is that confirmed? I heard the cccc were meeting tomorrow. I was expecting them to announce the final for next Tuesday in cork.