Connacht SFC Q/Final London v Mayo 29.5.11 in Ruislip

Started by RedandGreenSniper, April 12, 2011, 01:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Is it a pay on the gate job and any word on directions from city centre, say Liverpool street. Cheers lads. I'm on flight from knock on thursday if anyone is up for a few scoops!

ludermor

It was pay at the gate the last time and id imagin it will be next, there is no way they would be able to co-ordinate tickets with so many not going to the match not affilicated to any club.
The central line will take you all the way from Liverpool St to South Ruislip which is the nearest underground station, it is about a 10 min walk to the pitch.

RedandGreenSniper

Last night's result confirmed the inevitable - a Man United v Barcelona Champions League final to whet the appetite before Ruislip. London is looking like a serious weekend away now. I cannae wait!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 05, 2011, 12:51:35 PM
Last night's result confirmed the inevitable - a Man United v Barcelona Champions League final to whet the appetite before Ruislip. London is looking like a serious weekend away now. I cannae wait!

+1

Cant wait!

Blowitupref

Flights & accommodation are sure to go sky high now!
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

westmayo

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 05, 2011, 02:42:12 PM
Flights & accommodation are sure to go sky high now!

Yah, glad I booked them all a while ago. Now, to find the London equivalent of Quinns of the Big Tree to see who might have a spare ticket for the Champions League Final the night before

ludermor

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1200452DD22D60B4?camefrom=CFC_UK_PREMIER_RUGBY_WEB
the english premiership final is on the 28th as well, tickets are only 20 each ( 2 for 1 deal) .All the big events are taking place in london that weekend!!

Tubberman

Quote from: ludermor on May 05, 2011, 04:14:32 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1200452DD22D60B4?camefrom=CFC_UK_PREMIER_RUGBY_WEB
the english premiership final is on the 28th as well, tickets are only 20 each ( 2 for 1 deal) .All the big events are taking place in london that weekend!!

Ragin' I can't go over that weekend  >:(
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AbbeySider

Quote from: Tubberman on May 05, 2011, 04:58:43 PM

Will ya put the foot down like a man!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 05, 2011, 05:07:29 PM

Don't worry tubberman, myself and yourself can keep the gaaboard updated with the scores. If that's any small consolation for ya! :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Looks like Michael Meehan won't make the semi final big boost for Mayo.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 05, 2011, 05:16:51 PM
Looks like Michael Meehan won't make the semi final

Wonder will he be back for the Final ? :D

v Sligo
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

:D I know, I know. I'm saving up all the brownie points for weekends later in the summer - hope we get far enough that I'll need them....

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 05, 2011, 05:08:47 PM

Don't worry tubberman, myself and yourself can keep the gaaboard updated with the scores. If that's any small consolation for ya! :P

I won't even be able to listen to the shaggin' match! But hopefully I'll be able to check internet on the phone, so keep updating the scores, good man  ;D

RedandGreenSniper

Any update on injuries/form after the weekend's club games? Did Alan Dillon play for Ballintubber. They gave Mitchels some hammering, would be all the more impressive if it was without him.

I see as well that the round of league games fixed the weekend before the London game for Divisions 1A, B and C have been postponed. Fair enough on one level but ffs, could the county board not get their house in order? They knew the date for the London game a long way away, could they not have just sat down with Horan back in March and decided what to do? Instead they fixed games meaning lads made sure they didn't have any plans that weekend and clubs couldn't plan any weekends away, challenges etc. Now the round is pulled, and there can be no fresh reason for this, surely? Not good enough. Once again the humble club player is treated with little respect.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year