An Cabhan VS An Lu 02/04/11

Started by mattockranger, April 01, 2011, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattockranger

this game will determine where both teams will play next year.....

2 teams keeping their cards close to their chest....

Shane Lennon out for us.....any news on the cavan lineup!?
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

mattockranger

boojangles

Token Cavan reply.
Sad as it is I have never seen such little interest in our Senior team. Most people expect Cavan to be relegated so I wouldn't be expecting many around Kingspan Breifni tonight.
But in true Cavan fashion we could pull it out of the bag and win by 6 points.

Denn Forever

Cavan Lineup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cavan team for the weekend is

JReilly.OMinagh.TCorr.DO'Dowd.MMcKeever.PReilly.DReilly.JMcCutcheon.DGivney.GMcKiernan.RCullivan.RFlanagan.NMcDermot.CMackey.EKeating

Don't know if Sean Johnson is on the bench.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

I'd like to see the seniors do well but to be honest it is secondary to the U21's winning Ulster for me. I'm not sure I am happy to see all these U21's starting and I wouldn't be one with suprised if that was to keep their clubs quiet this week. Come match day whats the bets each one of them will not start?

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 02, 2011, 01:48:05 PM
I'd like to see the seniors do well but to be honest it is secondary to the U21's winning Ulster for me. I'm not sure I am happy to see all these U21's starting and I wouldn't be one with suprised if that was to keep their clubs quiet this week. Come match day whats the bets each one of them will not start?

I don't get ya here Myles??

mylestheslasher

U21s management don't want their players playing with their clubs so they name a rake of them on the senior panel thus preventing them playing club football. They name a number of them on the starting 15 so as not to accused of having them on the panel just for minding them. On day of match starting team has no u21s. It's up there with twin tower conspiracy theory but I wouldn't be surprised.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 02, 2011, 04:08:32 PM
U21s management don't want their players playing with their clubs so they name a rake of them on the senior panel thus preventing them playing club football. They name a number of them on the starting 15 so as not to accused of having them on the panel just for minding them. On day of match starting team has no u21s. It's up there with twin tower conspiracy theory but I wouldn't be surprised.

Jaysus Myles I doubt they will go to that much bother. I think the u21 lads will start - its if they get injured then that is when the crack will start.

Not sure what to make of that team. Corr is back at FB and I remember hearing he was a disaster there last year. Surely Hyland knows that? I think our FB line really is there for the taking tonight and Louth could cause us serious problems but sure we will have to wait and see.

The next ten days is the most important 10 years of the year for football in this county. Seniors have two games to avoid relegation and the 21's are one game away from an Ulster title that we badly need. Forget the summer, these next few days are the most important we have had in quite a while in my opinion....I doubt there will be too many in the park though..I don't remember a time when people seemed less interested in this lot

mylestheslasher

Looks like my conspiracy theory wasn't right :D

BallyhaiseMan

Jesus that was hard to digest last night.
Worst game ive seen since the Mayo/ Cavan borefest back circa 2005.

I have Louth Work collegues and family members, so ive seen the wee county a fair bit over the last decade,and i have to say that was the Worst Louth team ive ever seen.
How have you lads went so far back from last year?

mattockranger

we haven't gone back in anyway......we were piss poor in the league last year and got a lucky draw last year en route to a gung ho performance against meath in the leinster final and still lost and had the excuse of the joe sheridan fiasco to mask over it.

better players out there and badly trained panel lacking confidence

worst manager we've ever had.....an absolute fool!!!