Players lounge bars the queen!!

Started by king of leon, March 15, 2011, 12:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king of leon

I see the banner 'barring' the queen from The Players Lounge bar in Dublin is gaining a lot of press coverage..  Personally I think its an excellent marketing tool.. Been in the bar on a few occasions for old firm games etc, and its safe to say the queen isn't really liked.   :)

Would defo be the place to be for the Old firm game this Sunday! Place is pretty mental!

Tony Baloney

Wasn't there a shooting there last year?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: king of leon on March 15, 2011, 12:10:16 PM
I see the banner 'barring' the queen from The Players Lounge bar in Dublin is gaining a lot of press coverage..  Personally I think its an excellent marketing tool.. Been in the bar on a few occasions for old firm games etc, and its safe to say the queen isn't really liked.   :)

Would defo be the place to be for the Old firm game this Sunday! Place is pretty mental!

Anthony Stokes father owns it. Stokes is the major shareholder.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2011, 12:14:45 PM
Wasn't there a shooting there last year?

Yeah some row about security. Couple of innocent bystanders shot.

king of leon

Stokes will get a great reception next time at Ibrox then!!

Nally Stand

And the P.C. Police are bringing the owner to court over the "offensive" banner   :D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Poc me

What happened to freedom of expression???

Was in it before an all;-ireland semi-final there last year. I've never seen so many TVs in my life!! I nearly though i was in Curry's.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 15, 2011, 12:15:32 PM

surprising

Applesisapples

Great marketing tool, though maybe explains some of Anthony's tackles in Old Firm games!! :D

An Gaeilgoir

The irony of him over in Scotland earning the "queens" schilling which hepled the old lad buy the pub in the first place. The lads were shot over "security issues" i.e protection money owed.

heffo

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on March 15, 2011, 03:05:12 PM

The lads were shot over "security issues" i.e protection money owed.

The so called 'Real Ira' tried to extort Stokes Dad into paying protection money. He refused point blank. They returned and tried to intimidate them into paying by shooting a couple of people.

lawnseed

mr stokes was interviewed on liveline, i think he is a re-publican ;). jez joe duffy hates republicans.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

spuds

Quote from: lawnseed on March 15, 2011, 10:28:33 PM
mr stokes was interviewed on liveline, i think he is a re-publican ;). jez joe duffy hates republicans.

Joe let us all know where he sat on the issue, with them nipple clamps on tight he was getting a bit irate with the anti Queen stuff.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

lawnseed

he had to take it down after all. no matter i'd say the place is stuffed with drunkards shouten chucky etc smart business man 500 euro well spent
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

gerrykeegan

Quote from: lawnseed on March 20, 2011, 01:21:52 PM
he had to take it down after all. no matter i'd say the place is stuffed with drunkards shouten chucky etc smart business man 500 euro well spent

Must have pissed off the Gardai!

Three people have been arrested in Dublin by gardaĆ­ investigating organised crime.

More than 100 members of the force carried out searches at properties across the city this morning. GardaĆ­ from the Special Detective Unit and the Garda Dog Unit were involved.

The operation uncovered a quantity of ammunition and a small amount of cocaine.

The searches took place in the North inner city, Donaghmede and Artane.

The Players Lounge pub in Fairview was among the properties searched. Some 9mm amunition rounds were found in a shed at the back of the bar.

Two men, aged 54 and 46 years, and a woman aged 55 were arrested during the operation.

They are being detained under Section 30 Offences Against the State Act 1939 at Store Street, the Bridewell and Whitehall Garda stations.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)