Stephen Ireland - King of the Langers

Started by Kerry Mike, March 04, 2011, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

You;s are welcome to him. I wouldn't give him an Ireland jersey if he came crawling on his knees looking for one.
[/quote]

Don't blame you, have to wonder what is going on in his head

orangeman

Quote from: dillinger on March 04, 2011, 10:30:49 PM

You;s are welcome to him. I wouldn't give him an Ireland jersey if he came crawling on his knees looking for one.

Don't blame you, have to wonder what is going on in his head
[/quote]

He's got issues.

ONeill

I like this lad.

His views may not make any sense but it's a lot more interesting than the personalityless crew of Duff, Keane, Given etc who are afeard to speak their mind for fear of contract.

More power to lunatics.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on March 05, 2011, 12:45:59 AM
I like this lad.

His views may not make any sense but it's a lot more interesting than the personalityless crew of Duff, Keane, Given etc who are afeard to speak their mind for fear of contract.

More power to lunatics.

Chianti?
MWWSI 2017

highorlow

QuoteThe lad needs to have a hurl put in his hand and sent into full foward against Kilkenny or Waterford.

or get Donal Og to sort him out....
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 04:30:52 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 04:22:15 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 01:43:05 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 01:14:56 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 12:05:38 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 11:12:10 AM
Fair f**ks to him. Better than everyone else who thinks this stuff but would never (prob cos they've more sense in fairness) say it.

Hes not likeable, but hes refreshing. Why should he play for Ireland or anyone else if he doesnt want to?

my hole. No one benefits from this, especially Stephen Ireland. Most folk have some built in common sense that stops us saying stuff that doesn't warrant saying

Whats your point? That everyone should only say stuff they benefit from??!

That noone should give their actual views, unless they conform to the norm? Quality world you're envisioning there. Work in PR, do you?

my point is that your initial point re Stephen Ireland mouthing off as 'refreshing' and 'fair f$%ks' was complete cak

I suppose theres no point in asking you to explain why? Let him say what he wants. I find it amusing. People are easily outraged.

well, since my last post. I got up from my chair and announced to everyone @ work that this place was
crap. Told my boss exactly what i thought of him. Told the girl beside me to go easy @ the vending
machine as it wasnt doing her fat hole any favours. The receptionist was then told her unbutton her
blouse a little more and let those puppies breathe. I also announced that I was the
best bloody employee this company has and that every hooer should remember that and show me the respect my talents deserve

Could not believe the reaction to my outburst. Arms around me by co-workers telling me how 'refreshing' my outburst was. 'Fair
f**ks to you John' others said...on cloud 9 now, should do it more often

;D ;D ;D
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

haranguerer

Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 04:30:52 PM
well, since my last post. I got up from my chair and announced to everyone @ work that this place was
crap. Told my boss exactly what i thought of him. Told the girl beside me to go easy @ the vending
machine as it wasnt doing her fat hole any favours. The receptionist was then told her unbutton her
blouse a little more and let those puppies breathe. I also announced that I was the
best bloody employee this company has and that every hooer should remember that and show me the respect my talents deserve

Could not believe the reaction to my outburst. Arms around me by co-workers telling me how 'refreshing' my outburst was. 'Fair
f**ks to you John' others said...on cloud 9 now, should do it more often

The implication being that you wouldnt say that despite it being what you actually think because your fellow workers might think worse of you...sensible, but Irelands approach is a lot ballsier and a lot more amusing.

He doesnt give a f**k what the likes of us think of him, and while that makes for some uncomfortable interviews, its an attitude I respect more than yours (or indeed my own, for theres plenty I leave unsaid too).

deiseach

Quote from: haranguerer on March 07, 2011, 08:37:28 AM
He doesnt give a f**k what the likes of us think of him, and while that makes for some uncomfortable interviews, its an attitude I respect more than yours (or indeed my own, for theres plenty I leave unsaid too).

Seeing as he is now backing away from what he said, it seems to me that he wants to speak his mind but not suffer the consequences of speaking his mind. He can't have it both ways

Clown

Stephen Ireland defends himself following damaging article

Stephen Ireland has given an interview to Newstalk where he has apologised for comments printed in a recent edition of  French magazine So Foot and claimed that he was severely misquoted.

The article stated that Ireland had said he would rather shoot himself than live in his home county of Cork again. Amongst some of the other quotes attributed to Ireland were that he felt Trapattoni was the most arrogant man he had ever met.

Speaking about Trapattoni, Ireland is quoted as saying, "I have never seen anyone so arrogant. I met him once, he was on the phone every two minutes and he left me hanging around in this office for a quarter of an hour.

"In the end, he said, 'If you want to come and play, fine, if you don't, no problem'. He did that in reality just so the media would leave him alone."

However, since the furore over the article, Ireland has taken to the airwaves to try mend relations with the Irish fans. Ireland claimed that certain comments were taken out of context and exaggerated.

Speaking about the damaging article Ireland stated, "It's embarrassing the way its got, I feel really frustrated with it, it is so out of context. It is just not fair. It's not nice what is going around the country about me and it is just not true.

"This (radio interview) might do nothing for my case, but I want to show people that I have fought my corner and that I take this seriously. If I am in peoples bad books then I apologise. When I tried to get the interview pulled, and got my solicitor involved, they just said tough and printed it anyway"

Regarding his comments about Cork, Ireland said, "I love Cork, I have Cork tattooed on my body. My friends are there and my kids go back there once every two months. Its close to my heart and I am just very angry over this. "

Speaking about his quotes regarding playing for Ireland, Ireland announced, "The comments sound a lot harsher than they were meant to be. I basically said that I have only played 5 times for Ireland, not 40 times and people tend to forget that. I understand why they want me to come back but at the moment I am just trying to get back to playing football. The first thing I have to do is get myself fit and playing for my club.

"When I met Trapattoni, I didn't get a good vibe. I felt like he wasn't that interested. He didn't seem to genuinely want me back and I don't  think he ever saw me play. We never really had a proper, proper chat.

"I went into the meeting with an open mind, and I left scratching my head. I spoke to Liam Brady more than anything. I'm only 24 and anything can change regarding my international future. I am still good friends with Paul McShane and Andy Keogh. I would love for Ireland to win the World Cup.

"I regret the way I handled the situation when I left. I should have went back when Steve Staunton was manager and I almost did go back. I don't know why I did not go back. He was a good man and I met him numerous times and had lots of conversations. When he left I didn't want to change things, things were going very well at City under Hughes. Things seemed to snowballed after that.

"Returning is not something I would rule out. When I watch the games I do think I could improve things. But I'm frustrated with my injuries at the moment and need to play first team football.

"Even the way I feel now, I feel like id love to go back to Ireland and play and show people that interview was a complete stitch-up. I really enjoyed my time when I was there."

Ireland will have to wait even longer to make his debut for Newcastle following a thigh pull in training. The Cobh man faces another month on the sidelines.

magpie seanie

I thought he came across well enough in the interview with Gilroy. Sounds like a lad that needs a bit of help, a bit fragile mentally or something.

SLIGONIAN

He says the interview was taken out of context, but i read it and the quotes associated with him show him in a very bad light even in the context. Its like this he either said that stuff or didnt, if he didnt then he should sue, but i think everyone knows he did say those things and now its just damage limitation to take the sting of out of how he really feels.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

He was probably acting the smart ass with the interviewer (female) and when he realised what he did he had to try and apologise.

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 07, 2011, 02:41:52 PM
He was probably acting the smart ass with the interviewer (female) and when he realised what he did he had to try and apologise.

Possibly an element of that Seanie, but he has being making similar noises for a long time now. I'm inclined to think he was trying to be funny about living in Cork, but I'd say the stuff about Ireland are close enough to the mark.

He's an awful fooleen anyway.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go