Ulster Under 21 Football & Ulster Under 21 Hurling Championships 2011

Started by drici, February 11, 2011, 12:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMDrive

That was a good cavan team last year and could be a great one this year. Fair play to them.

macdanger2

Well done Cavan, great to see ye winning this. Is the S/F this Saturday??

Mid Down Gael

Congratulations to an excellant Cavan team on lifting the Irish News cup for the third time in their history and the first time since 1996. I seen their team last year when they hammered Down off the pitch and with many of that side underage this year i knew they wouldnt be far away from success.
Commisserations to Tyrone whos big names failed to come up with the goods consistently part from young Ronan ONeill.

Cavan scorers: Nial Murray 1-0, Barry Rielly 0-2, Jack Brady 0-4, Gaeriod McKeirnan 0-2 and Patrick King 0-2.
Tyrone scorers: Ronan ONeill 0-4, Nial McKenna 0-2, Mattie Donnelly 0-1, Richie Donnelly 0-1, Peter Harte 0-1 and Ciaran Gervin 0-1.

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on April 13, 2011, 09:35:05 PM
Well done Cyaawvan .
I felt they were a decent team when they bet us twice in the Hastings this year but I was beginning to have doubts after our abject show in the Wind Tunnel.
Congrats and good to see a traditional football County back in the silverware.

Would agree Cavan looked very good in the Hastings & I'm not surprised they are now Ulster Champions!

Congrats Cavan hopefully they get a good senior team out of this talented U21 team.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 13, 2011, 09:42:42 PM
Well done Cavan, great to see ye winning this. Is the S/F this Saturday??

Yes this Sat in Parnell Park, 7pm
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

macdanger2

Harsh enough on Cavan to be playing again so soon.

On the other hand, Wexford might have been on the beer for the past week after winning their first Leinster so that should even it up.

Denn Forever

Woo Hoo.

It was tight at the end but then again we were playing Tyrone. 

Had to listen to Michael Tynan on Northern sound and I apologise to all Tyrone people who may had had to listen to him.

Big smile on my face!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

anglocelt39

thanks to those from Tyrone/neutral counties for best wishes etc. With the way things had gone in the past few years at inter county level there were t
imes when I feared we were just going to die on our arse as any sort of an inter county force. this is only a small step but nevertheless an important one that might succeed in transferring a bit of belief to other grades in the county, and that includes our seniors. I will try to be a good winner, honest, I've just forgotten what it's like not to walk with a bit of a stoop on the shoulders when it comes to our recent inter county fortunes. chuffed for everybody
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

ONeill

Great to see Cavan back winning Ulster titles. Tyrone were foruntate to beat that minor team 3 years ago.

Those 5 games will also be of benefit to Tyrone.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

crossfire

Well done Cavan. I hope you win the all Ireland.

omagh_gael

Just in the door. Congratulations to Cavan, the better team definitely won. We never came close to matching your workrate which was top notch from 2-15. Tyrone appeared to relaxed, almost expecting things to happen. However, they've played a serious amount of high intensity games in the past 3/4 weeks which had to come into play especially against such a mobile and strong Cavan team.

Their captain, McKernan, has a bright future in the game if he sticks at it. A beast of a man who couldn't be contained. Also a number of other big men around the field who were hard to stop. At the end of the game we were still only one score away which is a credit to the lads but things never really clicked, Cavan took their lucky break and bagged their goal, we missed ours. We had plenty of chances for points, but as I mentioned earlier, to much fannying around allowed Cavans swarm defence to swallow us up.

Again congrats to Cavan and would love to see you win the whole thing and push 5-10 of that team into the seniors over the next few years. However, in terms of this years U-21 AI, the team to beat is Cork who appear to be an even bigger squad than yourselves. Give it a good lash for Ulster.

Orangemac

Well done to Cavan. Good to see a bit of silverware for their long suffering supporters.

Agree it is a bit harsh to be playing again Saturday but that is where the U21 championship ranks among the hierarchy.

Westside

Great win and the Congratulations from Tyrone and Neutral fans is much appreciated lads.. Lets hope they can calm the heads and put in the same effort on Saturday.

tyroneman