Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Fair play to Crokes but Rhode kicked it away. Thought O'Sullivan's sending off was harsh as from where I was standing it look liked the Rhode lad slipped a bit which made the tackle look worse but haven't seen it on TV. McNamee was excellent in the first half but bottled it late on even running away from a free and letting a half back take it - not what I'd have expected but pressure does funny things to lads. Rhode keep definitely had one eye on the forward for the second goal but to score only one point in the second half against 14 men was criminal stuff. Griffin was excellent in the second half but he is no corner back. O'Carroll did well but his brother was the difference in the Crokes back line when he came on. Darren Magee caught a few great balls as well in the second half and Kavanagh got through and amount of work. I've seen Crokes 3 times this year and thought they should have lost all 3 games but they keep finding a way to win games - not a bad trait for a team to have.  One final point - Thought a few of the Rhode lads were watching too much premiership stuff they way they went down grasping their faces but as one of the culprits was only a young lad - no.17 - I'll give him the benefit of having time to grow up.Didn't come across any D4 types on the cheap side of the ground though only decent club men and women!!!!

Hardy

Sadly, the face-clutching and dramatic rolling is what we can expect from the generation reared on Sky soccer.

Unless we decide to do something about it. When are we going to do that?

orangeman

Quote from: Hardy on December 08, 2008, 10:27:11 AM
Sadly, the face-clutching and dramatic rolling is what we can expect from the generation reared on Sky soccer.

Unless we decide to do something about it. When are we going to do that?
[/b]

I couldn't agree with you more - it's now time to act against this type of behaviour. We all hate it but refs do nothing about it - if they were sent off immediately for it, it would soon stop.

mattockranger

that would be a very harsh sending off!!

very hard to curb the trend
it stems from when players are applauded by management for taking a dive and slowing the game down
tying laces, feigning injury when the opposition are having their dominant period to stall their momentum and give an unfair advantage.

another point Brian kavangh was the main culprit for this diving also, one dive in the first half after he got blocked was disgraceful!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

brokencrossbar1

Jeez some of you lads are unreal.  You are talking about Cross and The Crokes playing in an AI final, before Cross have even had a chance to play the replay!!!!  Please everyone note that it s not anyone from Cross posting this tripe.  Very disrespectful indeed to Ballinderry, Corofin, Tir Chonnail Gaels(who will give Corofin one hell of a game) and Drumcollogher.  I hope to God that we do have the chance to make it to Croke Park, but let's finish off the outstanding games before even looking there.
Well done to Crokes yesterday, they are a fine side and will give any team in the competition their fill of it.  The have a number of tasty forwards and are solid defensively, with a strong middle sector.  They would have to be favourites for the competition now no matter who comes through, given they came through a strong Dublin championship and won the Leinster  Final when their backs were to the wall.  This showed a great amount of character.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 08, 2008, 11:21:52 AM
Jeez some of you lads are unreal.  You are talking about Cross and The Crokes playing in an AI final, before Cross have even had a chance to play the replay!!!!  Please everyone note that it s not anyone from Cross posting this tripe.  Very disrespectful indeed to Ballinderry, Corofin, Tir Chonnail Gaels(who will give Corofin one hell of a game) and Drumcollogher.  I hope to God that we do have the chance to make it to Croke Park, but let's finish off the outstanding games before even looking there.
Well done to Crokes yesterday, they are a fine side and will give any team in the competition their fill of it.  The have a number of tasty forwards and are solid defensively, with a strong middle sector.  They would have to be favourites for the competition now no matter who comes through, given they came through a strong Dublin championship and won the Leinster  Final when their backs were to the wall.  This showed a great amount of character.

It's Crossmaglen's to lose  a nd well you know it. As Donal and McKenna have been saying, the replay with ballinderry will be wee buns and none of those other teams are in your class, you are just a machine.

orangeman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 08, 2008, 11:21:52 AM

;) ;) Great stuff.

SidelineKick

Paddypower have them as favourites so they agree!

Cross 2nd favs.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

mattockranger

Cross haven't got the forward power to be favourites for the AI

and a dissapointing loss to the dublin champs in last year's semi final would favour against them.

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

drici

Waterford Senior Football Championship Final Replay:
The Nire 0-12 Ballincourty 0-08

That's the Waterford Senior Football Championship wrapped up for another year.
Will be interesting to see how The Nire get on now in the Munster Championship.

Zulu

Yep, an absolute disgrace that one of the best club sides in Munster never had a chance to compete for the championship. As bad as the CCB are they aren't even the worst CB in Munster, that dubious accolade is deservedly taken by the Waterford CB.

Lecale2

Zulu

Yes I'm afraid so, Waterford teams regularily miss out on their Munster championship due to the morons in charge of the games down there.

Guillem2

Strong finish from Gorts then.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Tony Baloney

That's a good scalp for the gorts. The players will need to mind themselves over xmas!