Michaela - The Aftermath (Please exercise discretion)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 12, 2011, 03:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this thread be

7 (9.2%)
Deleted
23 (30.3%)
Left as is
46 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 76

ONeill

I thought the Irish News headline was inappropriate and screamed insensitivity given the day it was. It could have been an inside story.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Don Johnson

Quote from: ONeill on January 17, 2011, 07:19:00 PM
I thought the Irish News headline was inappropriate and screamed insensitivity given the day it was. It could have been an inside story.

What was it, I haven't seen it yet?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Puckoon on January 17, 2011, 07:08:11 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 17, 2011, 06:51:43 PM
I thought Peter Robinson spoke very well today at Stormont.

Havnt heard what he had to say yet, but my mother was telling me this morning she was very moved by how he spoke.

The snippet in the news today was only a minute long, but he portrayed himself, and what he believes in better in that sixty seconds than everything from the last 30 years. He spoke like a man and a father today.

Also, hats off to Errigal and the Tyrone CB. I am not too sure if you are allowed to feel pride amongst the rainbow of emotions but I certainly did today.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gallsman

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 17, 2011, 07:17:44 PM
I know this is nothing to do with the Unionists or anything but I think it is a nice touch and should be added.

Paul Galvin attended the wake yesterday and gave Mickey a hand written letter of condolence.

Also heard the girls in the house were very excited at Paul's attendance and were falling over themselves to make him tea!

Fair play, considering the overwhelming bleakness that actually made me giggle a bit.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 17, 2011, 07:20:33 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 17, 2011, 07:19:00 PM

What was it, I haven't seen it yet?

You'll catch it @ www.irishnews.com

Insensitive indeed!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Kerry Mike

QuoteI know this is nothing to do with the Unionists or anything but I think it is a nice touch and should be added.

Paul Galvin attended the wake yesterday and gave Mickey a hand written letter of condolence.

Also heard the girls in the house were very excited at Paul's attendance and were falling over themselves to make him tea!

With all the crap thats written about him you never hear these stories in the media and there are plenty of good stories about him, Hear there were plenty of other Kerry lads made the long journey too, just shows that the mutual respect with all supporting and trying to help out fellow great GAA sportspeople in their time of need as Mickey Harte has long done for other people. Sad times and hopefully the media will back off now and let all concerned the time to try and pick up the pieces.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 17, 2011, 08:39:25 PM
With all the crap thats written about him you never hear these stories in the media and there are plenty of good stories about him, Hear there were plenty of other Kerry lads made the long journey too, just shows that the mutual respect with all supporting and trying to help out fellow great GAA sportspeople in their time of need as Mickey Harte has long done for other people.

Agreed KM, fair play to Paul Galvin, and the rest of the lads from Kerry and elsewhere. They've done themselves, and the Association, proud indeed.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

5 Sams

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 17, 2011, 07:17:44 PM
I know this is nothing to do with the Unionists or anything but I think it is a nice touch and should be added.

Excellent :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

gallsman

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 17, 2011, 08:39:25 PM
QuoteI know this is nothing to do with the Unionists or anything but I think it is a nice touch and should be added.

With all the crap thats written about him you never hear these stories in the media and there are plenty of good stories about him, Hear there were plenty of other Kerry lads made the long journey too, just shows that the mutual respect with all supporting and trying to help out fellow great GAA sportspeople in their time of need as Mickey Harte has long done for other people. Sad times and hopefully the media will back off now and let all concerned the time to try and pick up the pieces.

I'm sure there were many others from throughout Ireland as well. Great to see the solidarity.

fitzroyalty

Thought it really poignant that the old foes from Kerry came up. Thought it was especially nice when DJ told me about Galvin, couldn't help but smirk though!

Don Johnson

There were plenty from all over at it. On Saturday Darragh O'Se and Eoin Liston were there. Also saw Alan Brogan when I was there. We walked past some of the Dublin team today on the way into the church as well.

Galvin also showed up in his tight jeans and white pointy shoes! Top man.

omagh_gael

I want to echo others comments in relation to Peter Robinsons speech in the assembly today. He spoke very well and with real feeling and emotion. Fair play to him and the other unionists who made the journey to the Harte home, a real positive step in the right direction.

The Worker

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 17, 2011, 09:07:08 PM
I want to echo others comments in relation to Peter Robinsons speech in the assembly today. He spoke very well and with real feeling and emotion. Fair play to him and the other unionists who made the journey to the Harte home, a real positive step in the right direction.

+1

I didnt expect his comments to be so moving. Peter showed his inner humanitarian qualities, unlike his normally cold exterior.

imtommygunn

It is in some way comforting that, especially given the past week and the depths we have seen humanity sink to, people can put their petty differences aside to try and help / comfort each other.

Also I have seen tragedy very close at hand before with a young death and a big positive that could be taken in this scenario , just like this, is how much of a supportive community we have in the GAA.

The situation is awful and I just hope that the above two things can at least give the Hartes and John McAreavey some comfort.

Doogie Browser

Paisley Jr was on radio last week saying the DUP parliamentary party were on to the British Govt to ensure the Mauritian Govt expedited the process of getting Michaela home.