Best Stand-up Comedian

Started by Orior, November 06, 2010, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

QuoteKevin McAleer was side-splittingly good though

You don't hear much of him these days.  My favourite story is about the great musician Seamus and how electrifcation in the early 60s was a god send.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

screenexile

Saw Kevin McAleer twice 2 years apart and he did EXACTLY the same gig word for word almost. Can't say I would go see him again.

ziggysego

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2012, 10:26:11 AM
Saw Kevin McAleer twice 2 years apart and he did EXACTLY the same gig word for word almost. Can't say I would go see him again.

Was he good the first time?
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Kevin McAleer is v good, but if you catch him on the same tour, he'll be doing the same thing - it's a monologue rather than stand-up really.

Cold tea

Would anyone recommend Colin Murphy - he is in Armagh next year.

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Cold tea on December 10, 2012, 03:33:43 PM
Would anyone recommend Colin Murphy - he is in Armagh next year.

Yeah I went with wife to him when he was in Armagh last year, he was very good.

David McKeown

Quote from: AFS on December 02, 2012, 12:10:33 AM
Quote from: Tommo2 on December 01, 2012, 10:18:22 PM
I saw paddy kielty last week on tv. It was brutal. He seems to have the same routine and material for the past 10 yrs. All the same old crap about the troubles, Catholics and Protestants. I used to like him as well!

Saw him at Electric Picnic a few months ago. He was like a boy that had had a few drinks and wandered up to the stage at an open mic night. Most of his material seemed to come round to the fact he was 'riding Cat Deeley'. Left after 15 minutes, along with most others in the tent.

Saw him the Odyssey last year and whilst not up there amongst the best I thought he was quite decent that night
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Tony Baloney

I think Frank Skinner is underrated these days and is one of the very few comedians I'd hand over cash to see.

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 10, 2012, 07:48:54 PM
I think Frank Skinner is underrated these days and is one of the very few comedians I'd hand over cash to see.

Agreed. I always liked Frank, but he doesn't seem to do much standup these days. I have to contend myself with his podcast from Absolute Radio these days.

ziggysego

Quote from: BennyCake on December 11, 2012, 12:16:17 AM

Agreed. I always liked Frank, but he doesn't seem to do much standup these days. I have to contend myself with his podcast from Absolute Radio these days.

I enjoy his podcast with Emily "ba-ba ba-ba ba-baaaaaaa ba" Dean and Alun "The Cockrel" Cochrane.
Testing Accessibility

Itchy

Neil Delamare on TV tonight, surely the worst stand up comedian in Ireland.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Itchy on December 31, 2012, 10:56:51 PM
Neil Delamare on TV tonight, surely the worst stand up comedian in Ireland.
That's a list there.

playwiththewind1st

Have seen him 2 or 3 times in Belfast - always does a good show.

93-DY-SAM

Willie Frazer - Reading today's Irish News and I can do nothing but laugh.

bennydorano

Big fan of Sean Lock, went retrospective on him & bought 15 Storeys High, a BBC comedy from early noughties. Very good, cost about £6 on Amazon for series 1&2, bargain!