Best Stand-up Comedian

Started by Orior, November 06, 2010, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on October 09, 2011, 10:05:55 PM
Sarah Millican is very funny Tony.
You're wrong.

Quote from: bridgegael on October 09, 2011, 05:27:25 PM
anyone get tickets for stephen merchant?  wonder if he would be good as a standup?
His show got a good write-up in one of the papers today.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

southdown

What does anyone think of Dave Gorman - seeing him in Liverpool in 2 weeks and I haven't saw much of him before.

screenexile

Quote from: southdown on October 10, 2011, 12:15:36 PM
What does anyone think of Dave Gorman - seeing him in Liverpool in 2 weeks and I haven't saw much of him before.

I enjoy him If you get the chance check out Googlewhack and "Are you Dave Gorman?" they are very good!

Denn Forever

Dave Gorman would be the stand up version of The Big Bang Theory.  If you like the Big Bang Theory you should enjoy Gorman.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on October 10, 2011, 12:18:40 PM
Quote from: southdown on October 10, 2011, 12:15:36 PM

I enjoy him If you get the chance check out Googlewhack and "Are you Dave Gorman?" they are very good!

Creepy, I was gonna ask the very same question this morning, he's in Dublin on 5th Nov and I'm thinking of going. I hugely enjoyed the 2 shows mentioned above, I also used to download his radio show podcast to listen to while walking which I found a little hit and miss. I was wondering had anyone attended this new show or hear any reviews of it?

ludermor

Quote from: boojangles on September 02, 2011, 02:01:50 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 02, 2011, 01:44:24 AM
Milton Jones

Excellent.
Some of his stuff is very funny but he repeats most of it on nearly every show, some of his youtube clips from 1996 have the same jokes he uses today.

David McKeown

Id never heard of Sarah Millican when I went to see her in the Ulster Hall last year, and I honestly thought she was one of the best comedians I had ever seen.  That said I hadn't seen her on tv at all then and still havent seen that much of her so I am really looking forward to it.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Orangemac

She is one of the better female comedians but that is a bit like saying one of the more progressive members of the Orange order.

Hardy

Saw Dylan Moran at Cork Opera House last night - outstanding. Don't miss his gig if you can catch it.

southdown

Dave Gorman was great, thoroughly enjoyable show.

Forever Green

Sarah Millican???? FFS, some people actually like her?? Absolutely despise her

Watched Bill Hicks: Revelations again. How can a man talk so much sense and be incredibly funny at the same time!! Legend

Orangemac

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 03, 2011, 09:22:00 PM
Went to see Tony Hawks in the Waterfront Studio.  I had read all the books, listened to him on numerous radio shows.  There was a fairly small crowd and it was very obvious he had not toured for quite a few years even though he had been on the tour for several weeks.  He was humorous but the show deteriorated into almost a shambles as he finished with a session of written questions form the audience.  A witty man and writer who could not keep a one man show going consistently.
Had read a few of his books years ago. Supposedly "Around Ireland with a Fridge" is being made into a movie. Was funny at the time, must be nearly 15 years ago but I imagine the movie will exaggerate the horses around housing estates angle.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Orangemac on November 06, 2011, 10:50:36 AM
Quote from: Take Your Points on November 03, 2011, 09:22:00 PM
Went to see Tony Hawks in the Waterfront Studio.  I had read all the books, listened to him on numerous radio shows.  There was a fairly small crowd and it was very obvious he had not toured for quite a few years even though he had been on the tour for several weeks.  He was humorous but the show deteriorated into almost a shambles as he finished with a session of written questions form the audience.  A witty man and writer who could not keep a one man show going consistently.
Had read a few of his books years ago. Supposedly "Around Ireland with a Fridge" is being made into a movie. Was funny at the time, must be nearly 15 years ago but I imagine the movie will exaggerate the horses around housing estates angle.

Good Tony Hawks interview here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC0TDci9hqg

pintsofguinness

Watched the new Peter Kay dvd there, absolutely brilliant. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?