If Cork Win

Started by Keepthefaith93, September 17, 2010, 01:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on September 17, 2010, 01:17:59 PM
If Cork win on Sunday i believe it will be a travesty for football. I don't think I have ever been so underwhelmed by a team that has made it to an All Ireland final.

Hopefully Down do everybody in the country a favour and beat this mind numbingly boring team on Sunday.

bit over the top there surely. Your blaming Cork? What about laying the blame @ the counties that couldn't beat this underwhelming team? Cork are in the final of the AI, poor teams don't make AI finals, and if they did, how does that leave the rest of the country...you needy stop watching Dunphy, he's polluting your mind

mountainboii

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 17, 2010, 01:29:38 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on September 17, 2010, 01:21:25 PM
I believe Down will beat them, and can't believe that bookies are giving almost 2-1 on Down at the minute!  People say wait until Cork hit gear...who knows if they have a gear to hit.

The pressure is on Cork, given their recent final failures, Down have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Watched the TG4 show last night about the Armagh v Tyrone rivalry over the past 10 years, brought back some immense games and way better than anything we have seen this year.

Totally forgot about this show, anyone know will it be repeated

Last night was a repeat. It was originally shown in April.

western exile

Quote from: Tubberman on September 17, 2010, 01:47:25 PM
Jesus ye Nordies are hard to listen to. Ye fight like dogs with each other, but then unite against the southern teams.
And ye say there is an anti-Ulster bias  ::) More like anti-republic bias

I have no grá for the Langers, but reading this tripe just might make me shout for them on Sunday.

Now, have I stirred that pot enough??  ;)
When you say "Nordies" I think you mean Armagh and Tyrone, would that be right?   Please don't let them put you off supporting the football and people of An Dún  ;)

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: J OGorman on September 17, 2010, 01:53:45 PM
If Cork win on Sunday i believe it will be a travesty for football. I don't think I have ever been so underwhelmed by a team that has made it to an All Ireland final.

Hopefully Down do everybody in the country a favour and beat this mind numbingly boring team on Sunday.

bit over the top there surely. Your blaming Cork? What about laying the blame @ the counties that couldn't beat this underwhelming team? Cork are in the final of the AI, poor teams don't make AI finals, and if they did, how does that leave the rest of the country...you needy stop watching Dunphy, he's polluting your mind

I didn't say they where a poor team, I said they where mind numbingly boring to watch.
I don't watch Soccer so Dunphy definitely is not polluting my mind.

belleaqua

Whatever about puke football, would anyone agree that if Cork do win this All Ireland they would be the first team in a long long while to do so without even one exceptional forward never mind two? Every other county that has won in my living memory has had at least 2-3 top class forwards

Kerry - Cooper, Donaghy, Dec O'Sullivan, Galvin
Tyrone - O'Neill, Cavanagh, Mulligan, Canavan, Dooher
Armagh - McDonnell, McConville, Marsden, Clarke
Galway - Joyce, Donnellan, Fallon, Savage
Meath - Giles, Geraghty, Ollie Murphy

While not a great team, Kerry in 1997 had the exceptional Maurice Fitzgerald and Dara O'Cinneide and Pa Laide for company.

Arguably Down have the minimum two required in Coulter/Clarke and the potential in a couple more. Goulding and O'Connor hardly fit the criteria.

On that basis, Down to win!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Tubberman on September 17, 2010, 01:47:25 PM
Jesus ye Nordies are hard to listen to. Ye fight like dogs with each other, but then unite against the southern teams.

Some crowd for basking in reflected glory alright. I can only hope all the Mayo lads and Rossies took as much enjoyment out of our All-Ireland wins. ;)

balladmaker

Does anyone remember the vociferous Down support for Dublin in the 1977 All Ireland Final....aahemm...the Down flags waving Dublin scores is not easily forgotten and even gets an airing during TG4 replays of the game.  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2010, 01:50:31 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 17, 2010, 01:46:49 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2010, 01:39:34 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 17, 2010, 01:36:34 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2010, 01:30:52 PM
I'm just delighted neither Tyrone or Armagh are within an asses roar of it. This place would be unbearable if they were.

Arriba.

Can you imagine if Offaly were near an asses roar of it?

nah funny that, i cant imagine it either

Sure, kick us when we're down. But we're level on All Irelands with ye. And we have hurling ones as well. I just don't feel the need to pretend we invented either game.

Who pretended to invent the game?

Sure everyone on the boad knows Football was only discovered in 2002 or 2003, depending on whether you're red or orange.

You keep forgetting that football was actually re-invented in 1997 by a Balck and Amber team ;)  Here for what it's worth even though I am a returned exile to the North and resident in Down there is only one team I am cheering on Sunday for both minors and seniors.  It is an Armagh man's nightmare to have both Down and Tyrone in the Finals so I will be cheering on my second county, C'mon the Rebels!!!

ziggysego

I wouldn't like to see Cork win. It's bad enough when they go on strike, but not turning up to work after winning the All-Ireland.... doesn't bear thinking about.
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Quote from: ziggysego on September 17, 2010, 02:33:11 PM
I wouldn't like to see Cork win. It's bad enough when they go on strike, but not turning up to work after winning the All-Ireland.... doesn't bear thinking about.

?

HowAreYeGettinOn

The Mexican pundits where very quick to pick faults with Tyrone and Armagh disgracefully labelling what they played as puke football, well give me the so called puke of football Tyrone & Armagh played anyday of the week over the boring, pathetic shite to watch type of football that this current Cork team play.

Well said. Cork are a fine team but my God, they're hard to watch. That semi-final with Dublin was hard work for the neutral - thank God Bernard Brogan put a bit of class into it. Cork could get over the line on Sunday and if they do, if would be hard to begrudge it to them given the terrible beatings they've got from Kerry in Croker in the last 10 years.

But here's what annoys me - no-one makes a deal over Cork's awful record in All-Ireland Finals, and yet they've lost the last four in succession, and only won 6 out of 22. The only team who can top that kind of failure rate is Mayo, and we all know what we'd be hearing if Mayo were squaring up to the Mournemen on Sunday. Every preview I read at the moment says 'Cork to win'.

Maybe I'm raving but - Cork lose almost three finals of every four; Down have never lost one. At some stage on Sunday that has to come into Cork minds.

ziggysego

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2010, 02:34:21 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 17, 2010, 02:33:11 PM

?

Cork strike
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on September 17, 2010, 02:37:29 PM
The Mexican pundits where very quick to pick faults with Tyrone and Armagh disgracefully labelling what they played as puke football, well give me the so called puke of football Tyrone & Armagh played anyday of the week over the boring, pathetic shite to watch type of football that this current Cork team play.

Well said. Cork are a fine team but my God, they're hard to watch. That semi-final with Dublin was hard work for the neutral - thank God Bernard Brogan put a bit of class into it. Cork could get over the line on Sunday and if they do, if would be hard to begrudge it to them given the terrible beatings they've got from Kerry in Croker in the last 10 years.

But here's what annoys me - no-one makes a deal over Cork's awful record in All-Ireland Finals, and yet they've lost the last four in succession, and only won 6 out of 22. The only team who can top that kind of failure rate is Mayo, and we all know what we'd be hearing if Mayo were squaring up to the Mournemen on Sunday. Every preview I read at the moment says 'Cork to win'.

Maybe I'm raving but - Cork lose almost three finals of every four; Down have never lost one. At some stage on Sunday that has to come into Cork minds.

Depends how the game is going I think. I believe Cork *have* shown mental fragility against Kerry in the past, but I don't think they were fragile against Dublin or Tyrone last year.

If Down are with them coming into the last 10, I'd take Down , just because of the factor you mentioned, however Down are not Kerry, and I don't think Cork will have any preconceived hangups about them.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Regarding Cork hang-ups about Down - well, I think Down beat Cork on the way to winning the '94 AI. Long time ago now but it's another psychological pawn in the chess game.

AZ, what do you reckon about the Canty factor? Would you reckon that it's risky putting a not-100% Canty on Marty Clarke?

our_fella

For you's lovely people who want to see the Armagh v Tyrone trilogy, found it on tg4
http://beo.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=sport