Official Galway manager thread

Started by GalwayBayBoy, September 07, 2010, 05:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: JMohan on September 30, 2010, 08:27:53 AM
I wonder will Tommy Lyons jump into this ring now?

He hasn't been nominated so no.

galwayman

moysider - just as a matter of interest what did Sean og say about Daly as a manager in his autobiography?
Have never read it as it is "as gaeilge" and I am by no means fluent!!

JMohan

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 30, 2010, 12:18:27 PM

I guess there's no chance then!  ;D
I wonder will Galway follow the laois, Mayo example and go for a younger 'hungrier' but unproven option then?
Seems to be the trend I guess.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: JMohan on October 01, 2010, 10:00:37 AM

I wonder will Galway follow the laois, Mayo example and go for a younger 'hungrier' but unproven option then?

Seems to be between Gerry Fahy and Tomas O Flatharta. Neither of whom are in the first flush of youth it's safe to say. The "younger" option was Kevin Walsh.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 01, 2010, 01:04:10 PM

Seems to be between Gerry Fahy and Tomas O Flatharta. Neither of whom are in the first flush of youth it's safe to say. The "younger" option was Kevin Walsh.
What is the word on the ground in Galway with regards? We all know Galway CB and Walsh met up but i dont know what was said... It does suprise me that Walsh is still with us tbh.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 01, 2010, 01:09:58 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 01, 2010, 01:04:10 PM

What is the word on the ground in Galway with regards? We all know Galway CB and Walsh met up but i dont know what was said... It does suprise me that Walsh is still with us tbh.

I don't think he sees eye to eye with certain people in the county board. Put it like that. And the Kernan fiasco hardly helped either I'd say re: having backroom staff foisted on him even though that was a budgetary decision.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Tomás O'Flatharta is a really sound guy, I remember boasting to him that Galway where going to hammer them in a qualifer match a few years back, Westmeath actually went on to win, think was in Pearse. He took the slagging on the chin. But this was after a 5-a-side mixed soccer comp and holy fck he was uber-competitive, really doesn't accept losing or any excuses even if you are a girl who never kicked a ball in her life, ha ha. Would make a great manager for Galway.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GalwayBayBoy

Word is that Tomás O'Flatharta has it. Unless John Maughan pips him at the last minute.

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 07, 2010, 07:24:27 PM
Word is that Tomás O'Flatharta has it. Unless John Maughan pips him at the last minute.

It aint over until Tommy Lyons enters the ring.
MWWSI 2017

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteFormer Westmeath manager Tomas Ó Flaharta has been appointed to succeed Joe Kernan as manager of the Galway senior football side.

Ó Flatharta was ratified on Thursday night and will take charge for an initial three-year tenure.

Galway minor boss Gerry Fahy, Matt Duggan and former All-Ireland winning selector Pete Warren were also interviewed for the post.

Duine Eile

Never before have I experienced such a mood of indifference in the county towards the hunt for a new manager. Very strange. Tomas has some job on his hands now, good luck to him.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Fantastic appointment for Galway if its true, if he can find the players, Galway will be successful. Good Luck to him if its Tomas, good guy.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GaillimhIarthair

Best of luck to Tomás, he has a big job ahead of him over the next couple of years.

Any idea of what backroom team he is bringing in with him?

Clarin Pearl

Ath-mor dhoibh go leir. They're gonna need it. Looking forward to seeing who the backroom team are.

the Deel Rover

Well tomas welcome to the mad world of connacht fotball jesus if this thread is anything to go by interest in football in galway seems to be at an all time low
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001