Official Meath Manager Thread

Started by Jinxy, September 07, 2010, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I can't recall ever seeing Shane O'Rourke beaten for pace. He has every attribute of a top class forward, the most important being accuracy off both feet. All that's missing is the strength that will come to a youngster as he fills out in his twenties and a little more vision to see possibilities, which will also come with time and experience.

Jinxy

He's always out in front.
Great in the air too.
Should be a full backs nightmare really.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Surely Liam Hayes is the man for the job........
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

seafoid

I think the new manager should be called Eamonn in line with recent precedent. 

commonsense

I'd have big Joe as player manager. A sort of GAA roy of the rovers.

JMohan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 08, 2010, 03:19:46 PM
Surely Liam Hayes is the man for the job........

I'd love to see that happen - not for Meath - but just for everyone to see how good he really is ...

Zulu

Interesting points from Giles and further proof that club delegates should not be able to vote on the county manger position. The position of manager, his relationship with players, how he is appointed and his progress monitored are issues that the GAA need to address immediately. We're seeing these problems arise in Mayo as well as Meath and it won't be long before good managers and coaches will be put off from going for IC positions. I wouldn't know enough about Eamonn's reign to offer an informed opinion on how well he was doing or whether he was the man to bring Meath forward but special selection and monitoring committee's should have the sole responsibility for selecting and reappointing a manager. They should involve no more than 5 people, 2 of whom should have nothing to do with the CB and all on the committee should have significant playing or managerial experience.

If club delegates are to continue to have a role in the appointment of managers then they should have to provide signatures of all the club members who attended the meeting discussing the manager's reappointment and they should provide detailed reasons as to why they voted as they did.

I apologise for taking this slightly off topic but with so many managerial posts vacant and the role/expectations of managers now hugely different from even 10 years ago, how we appoint and evaluate managers is something we need to address if they aren't to become annually embarrassing circuses.

m@yoman

Cian Ward was on offtheball on Newstalk the other night and didn't sound too happy with the current goings on.....

put-it-up-again

Dudley Farrell is doing good things here in Cavan.

He took over Kingscourt two years ago and get them promoted back to Division One in his first year. Tonight they qualifed for the senior championship final and they are top of Division 1 league.

He has genuinely got a sinking ship sailing again.

Hardy

It's odd that there's so little speculation about the contenders in Meath. It's as if we're a sort of anti-universe of Mayo. I'd certainly have Dudley on my short list.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on September 12, 2010, 01:08:14 AM
It's odd that there's so little speculation about the contenders in Meath. It's as if we're a sort of anti-universe of Mayo. I'd certainly have Dudley on my short list.

That will be done in secret, the cops won't know about it but there will be skin and hair flying.

A bit like the annual King of the Tinkers shindig.
MWWSI 2017

bcarrier

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/conflict-born-of-frustration-2334591.html

Headline should have been

O'Rourke on Meath Manager position :no self-respecting person will appear for interview.

GAA_Punter

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on September 12, 2010, 01:08:14 AM

That's true on so many levels.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.