La Liga 2010/11 season

Started by ross4life, August 23, 2010, 06:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Tonight Messi got his 48th goal of the season (in 46 games), overtaking Ronaldo's record in the 96-97 season of 47 goals in a season (49 games).

With still another possible 10/11 games to go, can he reach 60 goals this season?

gallsman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 12, 2011, 10:40:07 PM
Tonight Messi got his 48th goal of the season (in 46 games), overtaking Ronaldo's record in the 96-97 season of 47 goals in a season (49 games).

With still another possible 10/11 games to go, can he reach 60 goals this season?

He's kind of tailed off the last six weeks or so compared to the rate he'd been going at before. It's a distinct possibility, but I reckon he, and other first teamers, may sit out some league matches due to the cramped schedule vs. Real over the next few weeks.

paco

They could do with David Villa getting a bit of form back this weekend, good to have Pedro back because Iniesta has been playing out of position and Afellay hasn't really impressed so far. Bojan out for the season and Mascherano suspended for the weekend, they'll miss him I reckon, he's been playing great these past few weeks.

Blowitupref

Looking like a 3rd home defeat for Mourinho in as many weeks, title race over now if it wasn't already.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ross4life

Is it true Ronaldo was axed tonight after blasting Mourinho's tactics?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossie11

Who is to blame tonight Jose?? 
;D

paco

Quote from: ross4life on April 30, 2011, 06:45:33 PM

He gave an explanation for all the other absentees in a press conference, and when asked about why Ronaldo wasn't playing he said "I have my own reasons for that".

gallsman

Quote from: paco on April 30, 2011, 07:29:28 PM

He gave an explanation for all the other absentees in a press conference, and when asked about why Ronaldo wasn't playing he said "I have my own reasons for that".

At the same time, does anyone doubt he'll be playing on Tuesday?

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on April 30, 2011, 08:06:15 PM
Quote from: paco on April 30, 2011, 07:29:28 PM

At the same time, does anyone doubt he'll be playing on Tuesday?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Mourinho acting the bollix and they planned to rest him all along. Sorry when I say "acting the bollix" I mean "mind games"..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

paco

He'll be there on Tuesday. I can't understand why Pep has started Messi in this game tonight, though. If the result stays as it is, they need 1 point from their remaining games to win the league, and he still has Messi AND Xavi on! If anything, this game is made for Villa to score a few and get the confidence up, but he's on the bench. I'll trust Pep's judgement anyway, it's not me who's coaching them...yet.

ross4life

Well at least Pellegrini's Real Madrid pushed Barca all the way last season accumulating 96pts along the way.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Wrongly disallowed goal against Milito. Clear evidence of a pro-Madrid conspiracy amongst Spanish officials.

Pinto and Mascherano desvered that for being knobs.

sammymaguire

Anyone pick out the 82.5/1 double this evening with the big two getting beat?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 30, 2011, 09:06:14 PM
Anyone pick out the 82.5/1 double this evening with the big two getting beat?

Has to be someone, probably minus 1 each too  ;D
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dinny Breen

Messi can't do it on a cold night in San Sebastián
#newbridgeornowhere