The Right Words!

Started by Muzz, August 23, 2010, 04:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

Since the board seems to be in a very helpful mood today I have a problem sometimes finding the right words.

I have asked many in the office here for guidance but they are also at a loss when it comes to delivering the right words.

Example:  Line Manager just pops over and says I am away home this evening - if you need anything just email me I should be on later!  To which she gets a tirade of abuse for nipping of home early, part-timer etc.

She then quietly whispers my Aunt just died and the first response to come out of my mouth - "Oh right, Good Luck!"

What words at times like this could really express your sympathy for her loss?  Sorry to hear about your loss is hardly going to be that comforting but also is the last thing I think of saying after just giving the woman serious abuse!

Any help?

Puckoon

Ah jeez - I'm sorry for acting the arsehole - my typical luck that I'm giving you some banter and sure enough its serious.

Been there done that - something along those lines is what I've said.

Orior

I would suggest you say exactly how you feel at that moment i.e. "Ah geez, that's terrible", and leave it at that.

However, if she is doing this on a regular basis (like she has more than 5 dead aunts), then I suspect she's taking the mickey.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Muzz

She'd be known now for taking a few hours off from time to time!  So the abuse about being a Part-Timer was all warranted.

Never expected the reason this time to be a dead relative.  Normally there is no reason given!

Anyone ever been on the receiving end of the abuse and there being a legitimate reason for something?

Puckoon

I think after giving her this time off you need to just keep an eye on the absenteeism and if it creeps back up a couple more times - a small word in the ear about how it has been noticed by you should quickly get her back on track.

Is she good lookin'?

Banana Man

not really the same but i was napped in Daisy Hill car park on a wednesday morning going to visit an uncle who was in hospital, 2 hours later it was doing the rounds i had the clap ffs

Muzz

Middle aged woman - single - no kids!

Cracker baps!  But could be the supporting Bra that she wears.  Only about 5 foot though!

A hat and a rod (fishing - before you start) and she wouldnt look out of place in your garden!

lolafrola

Everytime i go to a wake i always say "all the best" and it's just a nervous thing. Afterwards i walk away saying "WTF did you say all the best for" so getting advice off me would be insane.

"Cracker baps" that made me laugh :D
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

pintsofguinness

When someone tells me bad news I seriously have to hide a smile. It's a nervous thing. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?