RIP Patrick Dinsmore

Started by WeePeteIsALegend, August 22, 2010, 10:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge fan

Catch the high ball

GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Maguire01

snoopdog

may he reat in peace. Awful tragic, what his poor family must be going through, losing somone so young.
Also smpathy to St Peters and St bronaghs minors , they should never have to witness that happening to someone so young, traumatic for them.
Puts sundays game into perspective.
Our thoughs are with you all

Milltown Row2

Terrible news and just read in paper how the day unfolded, certainly brought a tear to my eyes.

which brings me to this thought, if you knew you had a heart condition would you play sport at all?

Friend of mine has recently been told of a heart condition, he has had this condition from birth but only found out. he has had an active Gaa life playing hurling and football. should he continue or stop?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Awful news, was feeling bad after Mayo minors lost to Tyrone, but on hearing this, it put it all in the shade. RIP.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Reillers

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/tributes-to-sportsmad-teen-who-died-during-gaa-match-2308933.html

Patrick's funeral Mass takes place at St Peter's Church in Warrenpoint tomorrow at noon and his teammates will form a guard of honour.

His family have asked mourners not to bring flowers but to make donations to the Cormac Trust. The trust was established following the death of All-Ireland winning Tyrone captain Cormac McAnallen who died from sudden cardiac arrest at the age of 24.

ziggysego

BBC News was interviewing some of the players on the pitch that evening, players from both teams. It definitely brought a tear to my eyes.
Testing Accessibility

JMohan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2010, 10:36:17 AM
Terrible news and just read in paper how the day unfolded, certainly brought a tear to my eyes.

which brings me to this thought, if you knew you had a heart condition would you play sport at all?

Friend of mine has recently been told of a heart condition, he has had this condition from birth but only found out. he has had an active Gaa life playing hurling and football. should he continue or stop?

There's a few issues there.

- It's very difficult to diagnose all causes of SCD. Even testing is NO guarantee of prevention. In fact no one can prevent SCD in young athletes by testing nor has claimed to.

- Some conditions will cause death - regardless. Sad but true. So the question there and the dilemma is if you find something do you even tell the person? Do you prevent them from playing and enjoying life or not?

Very sadly, it's not a straightforward case of testing and preventing.

The only solution is a system of testing, protection and education in an attempt to reduce the chances and prevent the fatalities.

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

saffron sam2

Shocking news.

May God be good to him.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

southdown

brokencrossbar1

RIP Patrick.  I was speaking top a few people who were at the game and they were pretty shock up by the whole thing. One of the neighbours was playing on the Rostrevor team.  It really makes the game seem so little yet so much for people.

Bud Wiser

My heart is with his friends and most of all his family, his club and his team. Makes all our problems seem small.

In one of the reports I heard that there were two nurses and a doctor at the game and they had a defribillator and in this respect they can be proud that they did everything possible for Patrick which of course any club would do.

RIP Patrick.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"