F A I Salaries

Started by Rossfan, August 09, 2010, 11:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: heffo on August 09, 2010, 03:35:09 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 09, 2010, 02:51:45 PM
I saw it bandied about somewhere that Cooneys salary is €300k. Dunno how accurate that was.

It's €170k ballpark - that's what he's on in FAS so the GAA has to match it.

It was a similar situation with Nicky Brennan who is a senior Manager in Glanbia
Yep, and if you're a teacher, you stay on a techer's salary. HQ pay your employer, given that the President's job is only temporary.

It's actually €158k/year, which is just over a third of the IFA Chief's salary.
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fas-officials--wages-to-cost-gaa-8364470000-in-three-years-1599619.html

The Wedger

The GAA president should be a pensioner!

rosnarun

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 09, 2010, 06:28:17 PM
A guy I know who's linked to rugby was telling me that the rugger buggers were glad to be out of Croker as they reckoned the Croke Park management was out to shaft them at every opportunity. He also said that it seemed that the FAI were absolute pushovers in this regard displaying an  inability to negotiate effectively with the result that Croke Park had a field day fleecing them at every chance
who was this bloke you met down pub and what position did he hold in the Irfu
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: rosnarun on August 09, 2010, 09:46:57 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 09, 2010, 06:28:17 PM
A guy I know who's linked to rugby was telling me that the rugger buggers were glad to be out of Croker as they reckoned the Croke Park management was out to shaft them at every opportunity. He also said that it seemed that the FAI were absolute pushovers in this regard displaying an  inability to negotiate effectively with the result that Croke Park had a field day fleecing them at every chance
who was this bloke you met down pub and what position did he hold in the Irfu

I don't recall saying anything about meeting him in a pub, nor do I remember suggesting he held any position in IRFU
Careful now

Capt Pat

Is that the Delaney character who inherited the job who gets the 435,000.

rrhf

Regardless of the other guys - I think we have now arrived at the situation whereby the presidents role should be done away with, it is an honoury position with a professional ceos cost.   It should at best be an honoury position.  Dare I say that these costs spiralled during the celtic tiger.  I would also have a problem with someone getting a job to match their existing salary, that can only be the wont of a business appointment ie on worth.  Was Cooney worth more than 10 thousand other volunteers who would have done it for nothing?  With crowds down, prices up, rules problems and Dessie Farrell in Croke Park offices, unequitable disciplinary measures - I have my doubts that the president is running a tight ship or running anything - a sensible man with a sensible head could have the GAAs major problems sorted out in a week.   

Main Street

Handling problems, upholding the constitution and making changes while maintaining unity, is a complex business.

Subvert the constitution like Cooney in order to avoid  mayhem, you get slated
Respect the constitution process for making a big change and maintain unity like Kelly and you still get slated.

The old fast count of the show of hands at congress to avoid any contentious change, probably worked best.

Rossfan

I'm amazed soccer dublin fella hasnt commented on this thread  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM