blow for "Our Wee Country"

Started by Lecale2, July 30, 2010, 02:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delboy

Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2010, 01:44:40 PM
Not a denial of choice, as it would have to be an agreed choice to have an All Ireland team in the first place.

Agreement for a UI team as in a simple majority or agreement like they do up in stormont with cross community support (which appears to be the least worst option for a divided society) thats the six million dollar question??

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

MW

Not a denial of choice, as it would have to be an agreed choice to have an All Ireland team in the first place.

It would be a unanimously-agreed decision by all present and future international footballers from Northern Ireland, would it?

Main Street

Quote from: MW on August 04, 2010, 10:30:25 PM

It would be a unanimously-agreed decision by all present and future international footballers from Northern Ireland, would it?
The rational process that you utilise to partake in a discussion here, is seriously upended. I really don't know what would remedy the situation. But for your own sake, what ever you think, just don't type it out and immediately post it to the board. I suggest leaving it there on the desktop and attempt over the following few days just to see how foolish it can look from other perspectives. Possibly that might improve your situation, as they say - no pain no gain.

MW

Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2010, 10:06:40 AM

The rational process that you utilise to partake in a discussion here, is seriously upended. I really don't know what would remedy the situation. But for your own sake, what ever you think, just don't type it out and immediately post it to the board. I suggest leaving it there on the desktop and attempt over the following few days just to see how foolish it can look from other perspectives. Possibly that might improve your situation, as they say - no pain no gain.

I worry about you MS, really, I do.

If you can't understand that an all-Ireland team would deny present and future players the choice to play for Northern Ireland, there's really no hope for you.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: MW on August 05, 2010, 11:16:44 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 05, 2010, 10:06:40 AM

I worry about you MS, really, I do.

If you can't understand that an all-Ireland team would deny present and future players the choice to play for Northern Ireland, there's really no hope for you.
it does when you admit that the concept of 'northern Ireland' being a 'country' is as real as 'narnia' sinks in !

dont worry, I expect that with the guaranteed eventual move to an Ireland team, the potential prospect of a GB team would probably allow loyalist/unionist players to declare for this side as they would undoubtedly have british passports.

Rossfan

Quote from: MW on August 05, 2010, 11:16:44 PM

an all-Ireland team would deny present and future players the choice to play for Northern Ireland, .

Doesnt seem to bother the "rubby" shower  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

red hander

I hear Raymond Kennedy has done a U-turn over his resignation and is now staying put ... what sort of circus are youse running over there in Windsor Avenue? It makes the FAI suits look like rocket scientists  :D

ziggysego

Quote from: red hander on August 06, 2010, 08:58:49 PM
I hear Raymond Kennedy has done a U-turn over his resignation and is now staying put ... what sort of circus are youse running over there in Windsor Avenue? It makes the FAI suits look like rocket scientists  :D

It'll put a stop to the redevelopment of Windsor Park. Can we redirect the money to the sum we're already getting from Stormont to redevelop Casement Park please?  ;D
Testing Accessibility

red hander

Dunno if it will ... Nelson says he'll pull the cash if Raymie doesn't go, but I wouldn't trust the dinosaur as far as I could kick him across Ann Street

Hurler on the Bitch

Saw Kennedy's coupon on the Coleraine "Twelfth Round-up" on UTV - a true and loyal man. Really, the more that this farce continues, the the more it sounds like a fraught meeting of the local Orange Lodge, where the Grand Master has decided to take on the brethren. Mickey Mouse me thinks, but where are the men in grey suits? - perhaps too busy marching? The IFA has to show a bit of "testicular fortitude" or else it will lose any credibility it retains. Perhaps the problem is that Kennedy  - given the money paid out to your man Wells - knows that he will have to go at a price as he has some form of contract .................. Await further developments on Brother Kennedy's future ...