Should they be named and shamed?

Started by copperz, July 13, 2010, 04:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copperz

I am an ardent louth supporter who is obviously gutted about the outcome of the "battle of the boyne" match between Louth and Meath on Sunday. i stood not far from the net when Meath fumbled the ball over the line so i had a clear view of what happened and i felt a sinking feeling in my stomach at the injustice of the final decision between the the linesman and Mr Sludden.
However the actions of (a very small minority) of thugs who felt it was there responsibility to bring justice to the situation by attacking the referee and in doing so bringing shame to the wee county almost made me take off my jersey in disgust.. Not only those who were caught on camera behaving like knackers but also the other cowards in the stands who threw bottles down into the mix and hit an official should be seeked out and named in the national papers and banned for life from croghe park.
I hope people will realise there was almost 25000 louth supporters at the game and only five or six took the law into their own hands, and thus we will not all be painted with the one brush.
It was not the Meath fans, players or county board who made the decision to award the goal so as far as I'm concerned the fault does not lie at their feet.
Hopefully this message will be read by one of those knackers i mentioned above and they know that the rest of our proud county regards them as a disgrace.

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Once they are indentified they should be banned from all GAA games and Dundalk, Drogheda soccer clubs and Leinster Rugby should be given heads up too.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

omagh_gael

I think photos along with the names of all those who attacked Sludden should be released to the media and printed in newspapers. They are all a disgrace and deserve to be named and shamed and not to be associated with the majority of proper Louth Gaels.

mrgaa1

It would be far better if those involved came forward, identified themselves and apologised for their hooligan antics.  Name and shame

ross matt

Quote from: copperz on July 13, 2010, 04:02:33 PM
I am an ardent louth supporter who is obviously gutted about the outcome of the "battle of the boyne" match between Louth and Meath on Sunday. i stood not far from the net when Meath fumbled the ball over the line so i had a clear view of what happened and i felt a sinking feeling in my stomach at the injustice of the final decision between the the linesman and Mr Sludden.
However the actions of (a very small minority) of thugs who felt it was there responsibility to bring justice to the situation by attacking the referee and in doing so bringing shame to the wee county almost made me take off my jersey in disgust.. Not only those who were caught on camera behaving like knackers but also the other cowards in the stands who threw bottles down into the mix and hit an official should be seeked out and named in the national papers and banned for life from croghe park.
I hope people will realise there was almost 25000 louth supporters at the game and only five or six took the law into their own hands, and thus we will not all be painted with the one brush.
It was not the Meath fans, players or county board who made the decision to award the goal so as far as I'm concerned the fault does not lie at their feet.
Hopefully this message will be read by one of those knackers i mentioned above and they know that the rest of our proud county regards them as a disgrace.

Here here!
Name them, Ban them & Prosecute them.

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

johnpower

beer baron

Friend of mine knows 3 of them and won't name any of them!Another friend of mine  is related to one of them and has called him  a 'hero' the bolox!Good to see the decent Louth fans are trying to get these people named and shamed!

Armaghgeddon

Not much point in naming and shaming it isn't going to achieve anything.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 13, 2010, 10:43:44 PM

If prosecutions result the proceedings will become public record.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2010, 10:50:09 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 13, 2010, 10:43:44 PM

If prosecutions result the proceedings will become public record.

Well if that happens nothing can be done. But if the GAA and Sludden deal with it internally then it shouldn't be made public.

muppet

This issue will be dealt with about as competently and properly as the result issue.

i.e. there will be much handwringing and the right types of noises for a while, but absolutely nothing will be done.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

I don't get this name and shame thing. We've seem them on the tv acting the pricks.
If someone knows them they know them, for the rest of us who don't know them what difference does it make if their name is printed?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

beer baron

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 13, 2010, 11:35:11 PM
I don't get this name and shame thing. We've seem them on the tv acting the pricks.
If someone knows them they know them, for the rest of us who don't know them what difference does it make if their name is printed?

By naming and shaming i and most others mean aking them known to the powers that be so they can be  banned from G.a.a matches!