The Dubs v Tipp, Qualifier R2, 10 July 2010

Started by Hound, July 06, 2010, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: put-it-up on July 09, 2010, 01:58:06 PM
Am I the only that thinks Brennan is dung? I'd have Cullen in ahead of him any day. What is going through Gilroy's head. I don't think he knows what way he wants to play anymore or who the play and the result is 15 lads in Dublin jerseys looking like startled earwigs once they hit the grass ;D

I'd agree, I can't see what Brennan offers at this level, an attacking wing back maybe but he is no center back.

Hound

Quote from: Zulu on July 09, 2010, 08:00:28 PM
Am I the only that thinks Brennan is dung? I'd have Cullen in ahead of him any day. What is going through Gilroy's head. I don't think he knows what way he wants to play anymore or who the play and the result is 15 lads in Dublin jerseys looking like startled earwigs once they hit the grass ;D
I'd agree, I can't see what Brennan offers at this level, an attacking wing back maybe but he is no center back.
In my opinion, Brennan has been our best player in the championship so far. Admittedly that's not saying much, other than everyone else has been worse than him.

Quote from: mannix on July 09, 2010, 03:14:45 PM
I seen Mayo vs dublin in the league and the dubs won the game but were one of the poorest sides I have seen. Mayo were all over them and kicked 16-17 wides and dropped about 5 shots short. Gilroy like JOM must be wondering whats going wrong, they made meath look like kerry. Meath are a middling team, but 5 goals? I think we could see a shock.
Well you can't judge a team on one league performance. For instance, Dublin looked good against Tyrone, Monaghan were absolutely awful against Dublin, etc.  The rest of your point still stands though.

From 98FM.com
There were reports today that Cahill had walked away from the panel after being told he was dropped. Dubs selector Mickey Whelan told 98FM Sport earlier that it 'was the first he heard of it' and confirmed Cahill had attended squad training this week.

Would be very bad form to walk away after getting dropped for the first time, but there have been other denials since, so I assume its bull.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on July 09, 2010, 10:05:33 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 09, 2010, 08:00:28 PM
In my opinion, Brennan has been our best player in the championship so far. Admittedly that's not saying much, other than everyone else has been worse than him.

Quote from: mannix on July 09, 2010, 03:14:45 PM
I seen Mayo vs dublin in the league and the dubs won the game but were one of the poorest sides I have seen. Mayo were all over them and kicked 16-17 wides and dropped about 5 shots short. Gilroy like JOM must be wondering whats going wrong, they made meath look like kerry. Meath are a middling team, but 5 goals? I think we could see a shock.
Well you can't judge a team on one league performance. For instance, Dublin looked good against Tyrone, Monaghan were absolutely awful against Dublin, etc.  The rest of your point still stands though.

From 98FM.com
There were reports today that Cahill had walked away from the panel after being told he was dropped. Dubs selector Mickey Whelan told 98FM Sport earlier that it 'was the first he heard of it' and confirmed Cahill had attended squad training this week.

Would be very bad form to walk away after getting dropped for the first time, but there have been other denials since, so I assume its bull.
Hound you should be re-appraise yourself with the facts of the situation before saying whats bad form and what isn't. Cahill is not a guy who walks away on a whim. That story concerns me because you will not meet a more grounded and dedicated player. Its an indication of how bad things are.
Cullen gets dropped after playing well. Quinn could argue the same. Yet the guys who really underperformed against Meath are still playing. I just don't get it I really don't anymore.

I believe Dublin will win by a few points today but not by much. Not sure about Tipp - heard a few stories in-house over the last couple of days there that have me believe they don't believe they can win. I'll leave it at that. I certainly wouldn't have any money on Tipp today anyway. Maybe I'll be wrong but if they can win under those constraints then Tipp are really on the march.

Hardy

Is this Dublin' first ever qualifier at Croke Park?

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on July 10, 2010, 12:52:33 PM
Is this Dublin' first ever qualifier at Croke Park?

Nope. Dublin v Roscommon 04

Redhand Santa

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on July 10, 2010, 12:34:33 PM
Hound you should be re-appraise yourself with the facts of the situation before saying whats bad form and what isn't.

Of course it would be bad form if someone left the panel after being dropped for the first time. Hopefully that's not the case in any event.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on July 10, 2010, 01:21:11 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 10, 2010, 12:34:33 PM
Hound you should be re-appraise yourself with the facts of the situation before saying whats bad form and what isn't.

Of course it would be bad form if someone left the panel after being dropped for the first time. Hopefully that's not the case in any event.

Not when you don't know the circumstances. All I've seen are rumours and innuendo and none grounded in fact.

Hardy

mrgaa1

Watching the match at the moment - Dublins number 14 looks handy.  But the standard of football overall is ok - weather is playing havoc.  One thing - why wasn't the two match's played in Parnell Park?  Would have made for better atmosphere. 

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

The Real Laoislad

Dublin "fans" on Hill 16 being as respectful as always to the opposition free takers
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Celt_Man

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 10, 2010, 06:37:28 PM
Dublin "fans" on Hill 16 being as respectful as always to the opposition free takers

Yea thats a disgrace in fairness...

Game slipping away from Tipp now
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mountainboii

The hand passing, particularly from Tipperary, has been dreadful in this game.

Mickeys beard

Quote from: AFS on July 10, 2010, 07:21:16 PM
The hand passing, particularly from Tipperary, has been dreadful in this game.

I would agree.  This has been a particularly eely-fingered display.
Boil the Drawers!