Cork V Cavan Qualifier Round Two 10th/11th July

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 28, 2010, 01:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2010, 04:31:57 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 10, 2010, 04:29:29 PM
Cork are alot better than Mayo anyway tbf...
Exactly.

Lads, yis were always on a hiding to nothing here, there is nothing Tommy Carr or Donal Keoghan or anyone could have done about it. They are far, far better than yis. Take it on the chin and stop making scapegoats.

You might be willing to accept your players in Antrim are shite and so be happy enough with shit performances but I'm not. Kerry are all Ireland champs. Tipp just got relegated to Div 3. Tipp put it up to Kerry in the 1st half of their championship game this year and were only 1 pt down at half time. Unsuprisingly Kerry had to wake from their slumber and won out by 12 in the end. At least Tipp can say they gave it a lash. I think it is fair to compare that approach with Cavan v Cork. Cavan got 1 point in the 1st half and went in 8 pts down. Maybe we'd expect a bit of a rally at the start of the 2nd half - No, Cork were 15-1 up at one stage. There is something rotten in the Cavan camp. I am not suggesting we should beat Cork or even come close but I am saying that in a whole match we should at least put some questions to them.

ross4life

It's a big worry for us when this Cavan team scored 2-20 v us in Hyde park a few months ago  :-\
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Midlands Man

Main Street

BallyhaiseMan

Shocking result
I didnt expect us to win,or even come close,But 18 points?? Jesus H Christ.
We must be one of the 5 worst teams in the country at this stage. f**k

mylestheslasher

Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2010, 04:45:59 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 10, 2010, 04:41:52 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 10, 2010, 04:31:57 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 10, 2010, 04:29:29 PM
Cork are alot better than Mayo anyway tbf...
Exactly.

Lads, yis were always on a hiding to nothing here, there is nothing Tommy Carr or Donal Keoghan or anyone could have done about it. They are far, far better than yis. Take it on the chin and stop making scapegoats.

You might be willing to accept your players in Antrim are shite and so be happy enough with shit performances but I'm not. Kerry are all Ireland champs. Tipp just got relegated to Div 3. Tipp put it up to Kerry in the 1st half of their championship game this year and were only 1 pt down at half time. Unsuprisingly Kerry had to wake from their slumber and won out by 12 in the end. At least Tipp can say they gave it a lash. I think it is fair to compare that approach with Cavan v Cork. Cavan got 1 point in the 1st half and went in 8 pts down. Maybe we'd expect a bit of a rally at the start of the 2nd half - No, Cork were 15-1 up at one stage. There is something rotten in the Cavan camp. I am not suggesting we should beat Cork or even come close but I am saying that in a whole match we should at least put some questions to them.
So why didn't your players put these questions to them, not Tommy Carr, why didn't your players? You are just blaming Tommy Carr. Get rid of him if you want but just doing that won't improve Cavan.

Not being funny, but who is the "them" you are talking about. For what its worth there is more than Carr at fault here but what we need is an inspirational figure. Someone that will demand with respect and inspire those around them. Carr has good qualities. He gets teams fit and I believe he is good on dicipline but anyone who has worked with him (and I know a few) will tell you he is drool and not very good on tactics. Not a lad that get the hairs standing on the back of your neck before a match. WHen you go to play Cork you need to be fired up coming out on the pitch thats for sure.

crack

Not being funny, but who is the "them" you are talking about. For what its worth there is more than Carr at fault here but what we need is an inspirational figure. Someone that will demand with respect and inspire those around them. Carr has good qualities. He gets teams fit and I believe he is good on dicipline but anyone who has worked with him (and I know a few) will tell you he is drool and not very good on tactics. Not a lad that get the hairs standing on the back of your neck before a match. WHen you go to play Cork you need to be fired up coming out on the pitch thats for sure.

you must be joking about being fit they are far from it and also their trainer is not up to it

mylestheslasher

Quote from: crack on July 10, 2010, 06:00:29 PM

you must be joking about being fit they are far from it and also their trainer is not up to it

They were fitter than Wicklow and had 2 less players. Wicklow under the legendary Micko who prides himself on using the league as a pre season training camp. There is lots wrong but I seen no evidence of lads not being able to run.

crack

They were fitter than Wicklow and had 2 less players. Wicklow under the legendary Micko who prides himself on using the league as a pre season training camp. There is lots wrong but I seen no evidence of lads not being able to run.

Amazing what one interprets from the performance last Saturday week it's amazing what a bit of adrenalin does to your performance. They are a shambles a total disgrace and time they moved on it's that simple. Miko in fairness to him was not or did not know what to do with the two extra men when in fact he should have bunged them into the middle and there would have been no way back it's that simple. Easy to satisfy some people but remember Wicklow a division 4 team and Cavan felt they should be division 2 at least, Get rid of them all and start a fresh. Bring in people who will take no nonsense from anyone and do it their own way.

mrgaa1

Quite clearly Cavan football is not up to scratch and to get a hammering like today at inter-county level is brutal and no good to anyone.

Cavan need a complete clear-out, partnered with a strong development county - Tyrone for example - and get their problems sorted out. 

kerrylions

peoples republic of cork is a load of sh!!te.just ask michael collins he got shot in the back by those big strong cowards.

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: kerrylions on July 10, 2010, 06:25:09 PM
peoples republic of cork is a load of sh!!te.just ask michael collins he got shot in the back by those big strong cowards.

Who are the cowards who hid until the black and tans left? And then slaughtered their neighbours becasuse they had a bigger field or a pig they wanted.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kerry Mike

3000+ people at the game, shame on all the Cork GAA Supporters, clearly they are all talk but no walking unless its down Pana supporting the strikers. 

** Pana is what the local langers call Patrick's Street
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football