Cork V Cavan Qualifier Round Two 10th/11th July

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 28, 2010, 01:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

QuoteWho are the Munster Senior Football Champions for the last 2 years? Do they not give out medals for that anymore?

We give them yokes out change around the Kingdom.

Ask any of the Cork boys what their Munster medals are worth when their neighbours over in the west have the jingle of multiple celtic crosses in their arse pockets !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Pangurban

Good draw for Cavan, sure those Munster Nancys were  never able to match the guile and craft of any Ulster team. Now if they had drawn Longford, that would be a different story

cadhlancian

lads and lassies, talk it up all youse want! Fact is, she will not be counted! :o

Chris agus Snoop

Seanie Johnston scored 7 points from play off Canty in the league a year or 2 ago.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Chris agus Snoop on June 29, 2010, 11:38:10 AM
Seanie Johnston scored 7 points from play off Canty in the league a year or 2 ago.

I think Johnson has the beating of Canty alright, he doesn't like small fast players. Whether Cavan get the ball into Johnson is the problem. Also, the lack of a goal threat is another thing against us. We can only dream...

lynchbhoy

Cavan will prob need two sub goalkeepers to bring on during the game as the amount of kickouts needed will no doubt mean a couple of replacements during the course of the match !
;) :D

Cavan have nothing to lose.Already an improvement on last year !

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Frank Casey

Very disparaging remarks by the langers on peoplesrepublicofcork.com

No respect.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/~peoplesr/forums/showthread.php?t=157586&page=653

The only way we'd learn something from this game is if we played with 2 men. Cavan are 15 footballers short of a good team.

Fair enough, but look at Cavan's form, beaten by Fermanagh who got tanked by Monaghan. I think we'd be as well off playing the remenants of the team from the New York polo grounds.

handy enough game at home,cavan should cause little or no problems.
KERRY 3:7

Kerry Mike

QuoteThe only way we'd learn something from this game is if we played with 2 men. Cavan are 15 footballers short of a good team.

Fair enough, but look at Cavan's form, beaten by Fermanagh who got tanked by Monaghan. I think we'd be as well off playing the remenants of the team from the New York polo grounds.

handy enough game at home,cavan should cause little or no problems.

Langers: What would you expect from a pig but a onomatopoeia..........  :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Rossfan

Quote from: Pangurban on June 29, 2010, 01:16:55 AM
Good draw for Cavan, sure those Munster Nancys were  never able to match the guile and craft of any Ulster team.

Obviously 2009 Cork v Tyrone AISF never happened  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Celt_Man

I like Cork and would like to see them win an All Ireland but I've a feeling that if I go to this match and listen to some of them - I won't like them anymore...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

I can't stand Cork bucko's. Eveytime Kerry put them back in their box brings a smile to my face. They are like a boxer who thinks he is everybit as good as the world champion. Yet everytime they get a title-shot they get knocked out. And as for the hurlers.....

Less of the jibber-jabber Cork.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 29, 2010, 08:55:39 PM
I like Cork and would like to see them win an All Ireland but I've a feeling that if I go to this match and listen to some of them - I won't like them anymore...

And you have to listen to the comments about............
De real capital
De home of GAA
De real dual county

Tripe and Drisheen

Celt_Man

Quote from: Frank Casey on June 29, 2010, 10:04:20 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on June 29, 2010, 08:55:39 PM

And you have to listen to the comments about............
De real capital
De home of GAA
De real dual county

Tripe and Drisheen

Aye that whole People's republic shite gets on my nerves...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Frank Casey

According to Wikipedia Cork are Red and White because they're dry sh**es

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cork_GAA

Cork's traditional colours are red & white, however, it was not always this way. In the early days the county wore a blue-coloured jersey with a saffron-coloured 'C' emblazoned on the chest. All this changed in 1919 when Cork were preparing to play Dublin in the All-Ireland Hurling Final. In the week leading up to the game, British forces broke into the county board offices on Maylor Street in the city centre and seized all of Cork's jerseys. Because of this the county board borrowed jerseys from the now-defunct Father O'Leary Temperance Association team. Cork went on to win the game, ending a sixteen-year barren spell. Because of this win Cork decided to wear the 'lucky' red jerseys in all future games.