Anglo Irish Protest & Garda Attack – Full Report

Started by Zapatista, May 17, 2010, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

On Saturday (May 15) the true nature of the Twenty-Six County state was once again exposed as the Garda violently attacked those who dare to oppose NAMA, the bank bailouts and the savage programme of cutbacks.

The Garda response to éirígí's protest was not the result of an operational blunder or lack of experience. The decision to attack peaceful protesters was both premeditated and well planned. And more importantly is was highly political. The Dublin government have clearly decided that the emerging resistance to their right wing economic policies must be crushed before it grows stronger.

Below is a full account of the events of the day. The times below are accurate to within ten minutes. All of the key facts below have been authenticated by eye witness accounts, photographs and video footage

http://www.eirigi.org/latest/latest160510.html

Shamrock Shore

Peaceful protest my ring.

I know someone that had to go into Anglo on Sat to work. He was spotted by these clowns. "Hey, der's an Anglo wurker, let's get him".

Gardai had to provide safe passge for this lad who professional life is now garbage due to the antics of other

So fcuk off eirigi and your so called peaceful protest.....ye shower of wasters and wankers

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 17, 2010, 02:42:17 PM

I know someone that had to go into Anglo on Sat to work. He was spotted by these clowns. "Hey, der's an Anglo wurker, let's get him".

Gardai had to provide safe passge for this lad who professional life is now garbage due to the antics of other

So fcuk off eirigi and your so called peaceful protest.....ye shower of wasters and w**kers

Exactly SS. Lads like this who try to engage and cause riots so they can bleat about Garda brutality actually do a disservice to the issue they are protesting about.

Mass marches, peacefully held, are fine. Afrer that, we have a democracy, your vote is the biggest protest you can use, and lobby your TDs to stage referenda if you think the laws need to change.

Professional protestors sicken my hole.

Zapatista

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 17, 2010, 02:42:17 PM

So fcuk off eirigi and your so called peaceful protest.....ye shower of wasters and w**kers

I find that really hard to believe.

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2010, 02:46:18 PM
Mass marches, peacefully held, are fine. Afrer that, we have a democracy, your vote is the biggest protest you can use, and lobby your TDs to stage referenda if you think the laws need to change.

Professional protestors sicken my hole.

These protests were peacefull. The GRA back the position of- Mr O'Boyce was to say that the Government has been corrupted by years of power and has lost touch with the reality of life on a modest salary. If this is the case then we don't have a democracy we have corruption.

Staging protests is perfectly ligitimate way to lobby you TD.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteI find that really hard to believe.

Why?

What bit are you questioning? I spoke to this fellow Sat eve while we were watching Leinster v Munster on the telly.

Is he a liar?

Am I a liar?

Let me know as I am curious

Zapatista

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 17, 2010, 03:58:27 PM
QuoteI find that really hard to believe.

Why?

What bit are you questioning? I spoke to this fellow Sat eve while we were watching Leinster v Munster on the telly.

Is he a liar?

Am I a liar?

Let me know as I am curious

I don't know either of ye be I can assume one of you are mistaking, or misunderstood what happened.

I find it hard to believe the guy was ever under threat or in any danger. Your post was very vague and quote someone you are describing as "these clowns". The protesters are peacefull people. I find it very hard to believe that the protesters would have attacked an employee. Perhaps you can give a more detailed account of the incident?

delboy

When i saw the title i thought for a minute it was this anglo irish protest and some newly released scandal/intrigue.

Myles Na G.

That w**ker Brendan McKenna was leading the protest. 'Nuff said.

Main Street

Looks a tame enough protest and nothing out of the ordinary from the Gardai.

Franko

Zap i usually would be in broad agreement with most things you say on here but I have to say that the website and especially the youtube video are hopeless propaganda.  A 'savage' attack by the Gardai?  Are you for real.  Judging by that video and the amount of people filming/taking photographs I honestly think that the aim for most of the protestors was to goad the Gardai into doing something in order to gain favour with the nation in some sort of publicity stunt.  Lame.

Zapatista

Quote from: Franko on May 17, 2010, 11:19:52 PM
Zap i usually would be in broad agreement with most things you say on here but I have to say that the website and especially the youtube video are hopeless propaganda.  A 'savage' attack by the Gardai?  Are you for real.  Judging by that video and the amount of people filming/taking photographs I honestly think that the aim for most of the protesters was to goad the Gardai into doing something in order to gain favour with the nation in some sort of publicity stunt.  Lame.

I'm under no illusion that this is a stunt and the reports on the eirigi site are exaggerated to say the least.

I also agree with the substance of the protest though. I know it was a peacefull protest too. The Gardai were a little heavy handed but it's nothing less than I would have expected. I have no doubt there was  political pressure on the Gardai to put an end to the protest. It also highlights how they will tolerate people like Seanie Fitz and his crimes and the FF corruption (which they agree on) while a few peacefull protesters get dragged off to a cell. The political influence determining the Gardai actions (or lack of action) is the real problem highlighted here.

If I had have posted a link from the Irish Independent it would cause less discussion.

Hound

Quote from: Zapatista on May 18, 2010, 08:08:41 AM

I'm under no illusion that this is a stunt and the reports on the eirigi site are exaggerated to say the least.

That's absolute quality given your opening post.  ;D

Anyone with any intelligence knows exactly what eirigi are. I think you sometimes forget that this forum isnt totally inhabited by gullible idiots (and your first post can only have been aimed at gullible idiots).

Zapatista

Quote from: Hound on May 18, 2010, 08:31:56 AM

Anyone with any intelligence knows exactly what eirigi are. I think you sometimes forget that this forum isnt totally inhabited by gullible idiots (and your first post can only have been aimed at gullible idiots).

The opening post and title was a direct quote from the web site ??? None of it is my words. There's a thread about a man who hasn't eat in 10 years FFS. Do you think the poster there expects us all to believe that?

I thought it would be a good topic for discussion.

What are eirigi?

Also, it says a lot when your first post is an attack on me with no attempt to discuss the topic. An attempt to shoot the messenger or else a black attempt to discredit the topic by attacking me.

glens abu

Quote from: Hound on May 18, 2010, 08:31:56 AM

What are they

liihb

QuoteWhat are they

A shower of tools if you as me. Comparing the fairly level headed treatment by the Gardai to treatment meted out by the RUC is absolute and utter c**k. You tube videos show them up for what they are, a slightly organised group of scumbags out for the day, and taint any proper protest against the mess that was Anglo
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.