Sligeach v Maigh Eo. 5ú Meitheamh 2010

Started by Farrandeelin, April 29, 2010, 09:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: AbbeySider on June 09, 2010, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 09, 2010, 12:40:40 AM
the problem the last day was far bigger than the quality of the players . we know they are of a much higher quality than we saw last week. but when you fail to beat the sligo's of this world you are in serious trouble. its a problem of team spirit one which a trip away may have helped .
not one that is help by petty begrudgery  by people proclaiming to be supporters

I dont want to open a can of worms but there is also guys on the team from certain clubs that dont get on at all. Surely that would add to tensions.

Guys from different clubs (or even the same club) not getting on is nothing new and a feature of any team

criostlinn

Quote from: muppet on June 09, 2010, 12:01:47 AM
Quote from: criostlinn on June 08, 2010, 11:58:37 PM
Ff. You accused me of missing your point earlier. I have no problem with the fundraising.

Again. The trip was postponed and they were planning to go later depending how they progressed.

QuoteWhat are they thinking of and how come somebody didn't try and stop it

Obviously you did have a problem with it. Also saying it was postponed is a slight over-simplification don't you think?

Really. So tell me how you come to this obvious conclusion. Is it from taking half a line from what I said and then changing the word "it" to the words "the fundraising". Now then it would be obvious. Ill just put in the full text again

Quote from: criostlinn on June 08, 2010, 11:18:46 PM
I'm not talking about these two players in particular they were only spokesmen for the team. Can you not see how ridiculous it is for a team to be trying to organise a training camp in Portugal for some stage later in the season 3 weeks before the Sligo game. What are they thinking of and how come somebody didn't try and stop it.

Now ill say it one last time. Read it slowly if you are struggling to understand. I have no problem with the team fundraising. They could stand on church gates every sunday morning for all I care.

The jist of the original post I made was I don't agree with these training camps. I think players are spoilt at the moment and I think some harder training is whats required to build up a physical and mental toughness and find out who exactly wants to put on a Mayo jersey.

I then went on to say I dont agree with players organising a training camp 3 weeks before the championship starts to be taken later on in the season. I think if they are to do a training camp it should be built into the schedule at the beginning of the year not organised of the cuff in the middle of the championship. It shows me players aren't concentrating on the Sligo game. Thats my opinion simple as that. If you dont agree with it fine tell me why. If you want to ignore my post even better again, dont reply. But please ignore my point,  misquote me and then start arguing with the points you have made up.

And no I dont think its an over simplification saying the trip was postponed. The radio interview I mentioned earlier was on the 18th of May a long time after the original trip was planned and postponed. Both players said they hoped the it would still be going ahead and were raising money to pay for it. Ive said this twice already what dont you understand.

Rossfan

Maybe it's time all the Mayowestros bucks went away for a week or two till they get over last Saturday.
No point adding to ye're  anguish by continually posting whinges here.
Come back when ye get over it. :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 09, 2010, 09:35:48 PM
Maybe it's time all the Mayo bucks went away for a week or two till they get over last Saturday.

I'm already looking forward to next Sunday's game in the club championship Rossfan. :-*
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RogerMilla

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2010, 10:30:14 PM
Maybe it's time all the Mayo bucks went away for a week or two till they get over last Saturday.

I'm already looking forward to next Sunday's game in the club championship Rossfan. :-*

looking forward to sundays qualifier draw meself  ;D

:'(

seafoid

Maybe it's time all the Mayowestros bucks went away for a week or two till they get over last Saturday.

Imagine Leitrim tripping up the rossies. That would be class- a Leitrim/sligo connacht final

muppet

Quote from: criostlinn on June 09, 2010, 08:55:33 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 09, 2010, 12:01:47 AM
Quote from: criostlinn on June 08, 2010, 11:58:37 PM
Ff. You accused me of missing your point earlier. I have no problem with the fundraising.

Again. The trip was postponed and they were planning to go later depending how they progressed.

QuoteWhat are they thinking of and how come somebody didn't try and stop it

Obviously you did have a problem with it. Also saying it was postponed is a slight over-simplification don't you think?

Really. So tell me how you come to this obvious conclusion. Is it from taking half a line from what I said and then changing the word "it" to the words "the fundraising". Now then it would be obvious. Ill just put in the full text again

Quote from: criostlinn on June 08, 2010, 11:18:46 PM
I'm not talking about these two players in particular they were only spokesmen for the team. Can you not see how ridiculous it is for a team to be trying to organise a training camp in Portugal for some stage later in the season 3 weeks before the Sligo game. What are they thinking of and how come somebody didn't try and stop it.

Now ill say it one last time. Read it slowly if you are struggling to understand. I have no problem with the team fundraising. They could stand on church gates every sunday morning for all I care.

The jist of the original post I made was I don't agree with these training camps. I think players are spoilt at the moment and I think some harder training is whats required to build up a physical and mental toughness and find out who exactly wants to put on a Mayo jersey.

I then went on to say I dont agree with players organising a training camp 3 weeks before the championship starts to be taken later on in the season. I think if they are to do a training camp it should be built into the schedule at the beginning of the year not organised of the cuff in the middle of the championship. It shows me players aren't concentrating on the Sligo game. Thats my opinion simple as that. If you dont agree with it fine tell me why. If you want to ignore my post even better again, dont reply. But please ignore my point,  misquote me and then start arguing with the points you have made up.

And no I dont think its an over simplification saying the trip was postponed. The radio interview I mentioned earlier was on the 18th of May a long time after the original trip was planned and postponed. Both players said they hoped the it would still be going ahead and were raising money to pay for it. Ive said this twice already what dont you understand.

Lurking in your incredibly patronising post is a seething hatred of anything that might be seen as a reward for players. That is the 'it'.

If the players thought a trip would be good idea, as it clearly was in 2004 a point you conveniently ignore, so what?  Why are you so offended by such an outrageous proposition?

My original point, which has become diluted by your anti-player rant, was that when you train players under a dogma of every millimetre etc, then you shouldn't be surprised if you see a fall in morale shortly after you pull the rug out from under their plan for a comprehensive weeks' training together.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2010, 01:23:06 PM
Imagine Leitrim tripping up the rossies. That would be class- a Leitrim/sligo connacht final

The Leitrim bit is quite probable alright I'm afraid but I suspect the Herrins will put a sudden end to the Sligo bit.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

criostlinn

"incredibly patronising", "seething hatred", "anti-player rant". ffs get of your high horse. Have you even read my posts or have you just picked a line from them you didn't like and went off on one.

QuoteLurking in your incredibly patronising post is a seething hatred of anything that might be seen as a reward for players. That is the 'it'.

If the players thought a trip would be good idea, as it clearly was in 2004 a point you conveniently ignore, so what?  Why are you so offended by such an outrageous proposition?

My original point, which has become diluted by your anti-player rant, was that when you train players under a dogma of every millimetre etc, then you shouldn't be surprised if you see a fall in morale shortly after you pull the rug out from under their plan for a comprehensive weeks' training together

So let me see, its now a reward for the players. Ah sure why didn't you say that earlier. Well let me get my clubs out and enter a team for Claremorris.

That s a joke by the way so dont just pick out the line and go of on another one.

Muppet I dont think you are seriously believe that the reason the Mayo team was so bad last Saturday is because morale was low because they didn't get their trip or break or reward or training camp or what ever else you want to call it.  If this is the case then we are seriously in a lot more trouble then I taught.

I was was going to just ignore you Rosnarun but since you seem to think the same as muppet on this well maybe I am wrong and its just petty begrudgery from a so callled supporter to think differently

You want me to address 2004. I didn't comment earlier because you made it up. Yes I heard it was great team building for the squad but who said it was better then months of running. 2004 was 6 years ago. There has been many the day spent on training camps since then with not to much to show for it. Trust me I am not offended by them going on a training camp I just dont think its needed and I especially think its a distraction if players are trying to organise one themselves 3 weeks before the championship starts.

Any way they had a few days in Carton House to sort out any issues in the build up to the Sligo match. Obviously wasn't sunny enough.

I dont know why I bother but ill try and make my point differently. In 1995 Mayo were a beaten docket, a soft team with no heart. John Maughan came in and ran the shite out of them, In my opinion, and muppet this is only an opinion, I think something similar needs to be done again. (and I dont mean bring in john maughan) The players are having to soft a time of it. Any match that turns into any sort of a battle they disappear. Training needs to be harder to have them ready for the tough battles on the pitch. This slogging early on in the year will separate the men from the boys and will also show who will go the extra mile to play for Mayo. I think this would be good mental preparation as well. It should bring lads together alot better then any trip to Portugal or any where else for that matter.

This team at the moment is not prepared physically or mentally for any tough matches. You can call that player bashing or what ever else you want but it is a fact. Most of the blame for that is management but players sometimes have to step up and be counted. Can you imagine how I felt last Saturday when a Sligo player tells me when they equalised Mayo players gave up in front of them. He couldn't believe it. I seen this myself but its hard to hear it from the opposition. The same thing happened against Cork and Meath in the last 10 months.

muppet

QuoteRead it slowly if you are struggling to understand

How do you think that sort of comment reads? Reasoned debate or your own high horse?

As for the rest of it, nowhere do I say a trip, holiday or training camp should be to replace anything else such as hard training or whatever. You seem to assume that is what was being argued, it wasn't.

It doesn't matter to me whether they train in Belmullet or Brasil but it seemed to matter enough to the players that they were raising their own funds for it. Something went seriously wrong in the last few weeks. It could have been one big thing or more likely it was a lot of small things, including the postponement of a morale building trip.

And for your sarcastic comment about getting out your clubs for Claremorris, how do you think that reads? Here is my opinion, it shows a high level of begrudgery towards the players. Of course that might be wrong but that is how it reads to me.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Not going to get involved in the training camp debate. I dont have any strong views on it either way. But I have heard that the training sessions have been very flat. In fact I was told today by one of the minors that the minor sessions have more zip and intensity than the senior ones.

criostlinn

QuoteAs for the rest of it, nowhere do I say a trip, holiday or training camp should be to replace anything else such as hard training or whatever. You seem to assume that is what was being argued, it wasn't.

I never assumed this is what was been argued. How did you come to that conclusion. Just to remind you what you did argue.

QuoteAnd those two players were around in 2004 when a week in the Catskills after the NY game was credited for uniting the squad in way months of running in Mayo couldn't.

Now what I said was, "Yes I heard it was great team building for the squad but" and I asked you "who said it was better then months of running." Ill rephrase it who said this trip united the squad in ways months of running in Mayo couldn't.

QuoteHow do you think that sort of comment reads? Reasoned debate or your own high horse?

You seem to be have problems reading my posts. Im only making a suggestion. One I might add you are choosing to ignore

QuoteIt doesn't matter to me whether they train in Belmullet or Brasil but it seemed to matter enough to the players that they were raising their own funds for it. Something went seriously wrong in the last few weeks. It could have been one big thing or more likely it was a lot of small things, including the postponement of a morale building trip

Yes indeed you may very well be correct it could be a small distraction. The same as the distraction of firstly organising a trip in breach of GAA rules. Then when its cancelled continuing to organise it even thou the championship is only a couple of weeks away. If the players had proper preparation done earlier in the year these small distractions shouldn't bother them

QuoteAnd for your sarcastic comment about getting out your clubs for Claremorris, how do you think that reads? Here is my opinion, it shows a high level of begrudgery towards the players. Of course that might be wrong but that is how it reads to me.

And how does this bit read to you

QuoteThat s a joke by the way so dont just pick out the line and go of on another one.

muppet

Quote from: criostlinn on June 10, 2010, 10:40:48 PM

QuoteThat s a joke by the way so dont just pick out the line and go of on another one.

I'll answer even if you don't answer my question. I picked out the substantive point in preference to re-quoting the whole post over and over again just as you have done by breaking up my post into its sentences.

And again you insult my reading ability. Does this give you a great feeling of superiority? You probably see me as a lowly illiterate player or something like that.

QuoteThat's a joke btw.
MWWSI 2017

criostlinn

Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2010, 10:51:07 PM

I'll answer even if you don't answer my question. I picked out the substantive point in preference to re-quoting the whole post over and over again just as you have done by breaking up my post into its sentences.

And again you insult my reading ability. Does this give you a great feeling of superiority? You probably see me as a lowly illiterate player or something like that.

QuoteThat's a joke btw.

Now muppet I am lost. And I have tried reading it slowly !!!

muppet

Quote from: criostlinn on June 10, 2010, 11:06:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2010, 10:51:07 PM

QuoteThat's a joke btw.

Now muppet I am lost. And I have tried reading it slowly !!!

The irony here is that we are both arguing a similar point even we are coming from different places. I am suggesting that canceling/postponing a trip the players wanted may have damaged morale to some extent at least. You appear to be arguing that the players never should have got involved in it but you still suggest that it may at least have been an unnecessary distraction so close to the Championship.

Either way we both seem to agree that the trip and what happened around it was a problem. How about we leave it at that?
MWWSI 2017