Sligeach v Maigh Eo. 5ú Meitheamh 2010

Started by Farrandeelin, April 29, 2010, 09:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 05, 2010, 09:07:03 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 05, 2010, 09:00:52 PM
Well done Sligo. Played with great hunger and won easily. They ll have to wait for another day to see how good they are because they were given no type of test at all today. I m not surprised by our performance and even worse I m not even disappointed. I m just angry this set-up has been allowed to fester on. It s been a wasted four years. This should have been nipped in the bud long ago. The best that this team can hope for now is a quick clean death the next day, at a venue far, far away with few witnesses.
There ll be no back door run for us. When a team is only 2 points down with 20 minutes to go but still obviously going to loose there are more problems than a few changes and a few weeks can change. It was obvious today that Mayo had no stomach for it after 15 mins when they realised that it would take more than a lively start to win. A pathetic display. And his holiness's ramblings in the press conference afterwards said it all really. Loads of posturing - nothing of substance. A smoke screen of words. Damn it, even if he sounded angry it would be something. This team had lost the supporters before today but I m angry the jersey has become a joke and ridiculed even within football strongholds within the county. The board will now be ruminating about loans and no game in Castlebar this year. As regards funding to train the county team next year. The manager will want to start practicing making sandwiches himself. I would nt like to be getting the clubs to sell board tickets next year.

was there much mayo support there today moysider ?

Out of a total attendance of 13 something I would say less that 5,000 anyway. Quietest welcome for a Mayo team onto a championship I ever recall. The players performance reflected the lack of enthusiasm. at no stage did the crowd even attempt to get behind the team. Well this is what Johnno wanted after all. It s backfired big time. Once even middling Mayo team would respond to the crowd and try and kick on anyway.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on June 05, 2010, 09:21:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 05, 2010, 09:09:53 PM
Well done Sligo. Played with great hunger and won easily. They ll have to wait for another day to see how good they are because they were given no type of test at all today. I m not surprised by our performance and even worse I m not even disappointed. I m just angry this set-up has been allowed to fester on. It s been a wasted four years. This should have been nipped in the bud long ago. The best that this team can hope for now is a quick clean death the next day, at a venue far, far away with few witnesses.
There ll be no back door run for us. When a team is only 2 points down with 20 minutes to go but still obviously going to loose there are more problems than a few changes and a few weeks can change. It was obvious today that Mayo had no stomach for it after 15 mins when they realised that it would take more than a lively start to win. A pathetic display. And his holiness's ramblings in the press conference afterwards said it all really. Loads of posturing - nothing of substance. A smoke screen of words. Damn it, even if he sounded angry it would be something. This team had lost the supporters before today but I m angry the jersey has become a joke and ridiculed even within football strongholds within the county. The board will now be ruminating about loans and no game in Castlebar this year. As regards funding to train the county team next year. The manager will want to start practicing making sandwiches himself. I would nt like to be getting the clubs to sell board tickets next year.

Yeah, the white elephant development stand took a shake today! Hard to believe peolpe spent so much money on a development that over caters for our county team.

You are right the clubs will have to pick up the loss. Only advantage for county board is they will not have any county team expenses in a couple weeks time.

The county board loses nearly 100k by not having the Connacht final in McHale park.
If the knives are not out of the drawer for JOM ill be shocked.

Noel Connelly could be brought straight in

sure who will question him abbeysider the local press won't say a bad word about him sure he is rebuilding for the future , he is doing the best with what he has got blah blah blah blah blah
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 05, 2010, 09:27:28 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on June 05, 2010, 09:21:41 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 05, 2010, 09:09:53 PM

Yeah, the white elephant development stand took a shake today! Hard to believe peolpe spent so much money on a development that over caters for our county team.

You are right the clubs will have to pick up the loss. Only advantage for county board is they will not have any county team expenses in a couple weeks time.

The county board loses nearly 100k by not having the Connacht final in McHale park.
If the knives are not out of the drawer for JOM ill be shocked.

Noel Connelly could be brought straight in

sure who will question him abbeysider the local press won't say a bad word about him sure he is rebuilding for the future , he is doing the best with what he has got blah blah blah blah blah

Take it from me Deel, neither the local press, county board or supporters are not that naive to believe that shite from JOM.
Id say there will be serious questions asked this week, JOM is in deep water

INDIANA

Freeman is a plus though. First Mayo forward I've seen in a long time bar CMCD who is top class. Only bright spot for Mayo. never hid but starved of ball. Then they shift him out the pitch to make way for AOS- barmy or what?

moysider

Quote from: chrissears on June 05, 2010, 09:24:51 PM
Watched the game on tv in London and it didn't look good there either. Mayo piss poor all over the park, agree with comments about t mortimer but he wasn't the only one. i hope we get loser of Cork v Kerry in qualifiers and the put the dying dog out of its misery. As for JOM not sure the all those challenge matches did us any good at all, Mayo looked drained of energy as the match went on, we were second to every ball. Do other counties play so many challenge matches? Are they instead of or in addition to training? Either way its clearly not working.
Fair play to Sligo you were the better team, defence was very good especially in second half and the forwards took there points when they came.

It was mental thing. It was so obvious there was no appetite for this at all. There is a smell of death about us from 15 mins in. The same players making the same old mistakes. A friend of mine decided to beat the traffic back to Dublin - 15 minutes into second haf. We were only 2 points down but it may as well have been 22. We were fucked and the players knew it. We were obviously shot through even then. I wont even bother starting about subs and tactics. As regards changes for the next day. Wont matter because the culture in this set up is not right. Ok this summer is fucked as well. We can let Johnno go down with the ship or we can give the players a chance to show what they re made of in the next game.

AbbeySider

Quote from: INDIANA on June 05, 2010, 09:33:35 PM
Freeman is a plus though. First Mayo forward I've seen in a long time bar CMCD who is top class. Only bright spot for Mayo. never hid but starved of ball. Then they shift him out the pitch to make way for AOS- barmy or what?

Himself and Andy Moran were the only Mayo players that really stood up. To say he is in the same league as CMCD or the likes might be premature but I liked what I saw today from Freeman.

You see O Hara was playing as an extra defender so it was hard to find Freeman with long balls. In fact O Hara seemed to come out with it so it was pointless kicking it into Freeman on his own vs two defenders.

Aidan O Shea should have come on sooner and replaced Varley who never settled. That change was made far too late

An Gaeilgoir

Doesn't matter a f**k who manages Mayo, we are and always will be a soft flakey team, when we come up against a problem, wee pass the buck and our so called leaders hide away hoping some one else will take on the tough challenge. There is a reason we haven't won an All Ireland in a lifetime and its not all down to managers. JOM has to go no doubt, and bring some of our hollow heros with him. Again last week we have articles in Newspapers from the same players, things have changed, different attitude blah, blah,blah, get the f**k out of the way and let players who might not have the silky skills but will give 100%. Thats all we the supporters ask for,  now thats not too much is it? As for the money issues and the county board, good enough for them, just puits the tin hat on it really.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: moysider on June 05, 2010, 09:25:39 PM

Out of a total attendance of 13 something I would say less that 5,000 anyway. Quietest welcome for a Mayo team onto a championship I ever recall. The players performance reflected the lack of enthusiasm. at no stage did the crowd even attempt to get behind the team. Well this is what Johnno wanted after all. It s backfired big time. Once even middling Mayo team would respond to the crowd and try and kick on anyway.

well it looks like he succeeded it quenching the expectations of the mayo supporters the amount of people that i know that have lost interst in the  County team is unreal . apart from that then we have the white elephant that is mc hale park where he still have not payed a floodlight match yet and they can't even build a pressbox without upsetting the whole of the ressidents not too mention playing senior club semi and finals in a empty mc hale park . mayo football is in deep deep trouble
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

INDIANA

Quote from: AbbeySider on June 05, 2010, 09:39:28 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 05, 2010, 09:33:35 PM

Himself and Andy Moran were the only Mayo players that really stood up. To say he is in the same league as CMCD or the likes might be premature but I liked what I saw today from Freeman.

You see O Hara was playing as an extra defender so it was hard to find Freeman with long balls. In fact O Hara seemed to come out with it so it was pointless kicking it into Freeman on his own vs two defenders.

Aidan O Shea should have come on sooner and replaced Varley who never settled. That change was made far too late

Freeman has pace though. Could have directed balls into the corner -you needed him on the ball. Moran was good too. C Mortimer started well but went missing as usual when the game was in the melting pot. That defeat will be hard to recover from.

Main Street

A very enjoyable game.
Guts and glory for Sligo.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on June 05, 2010, 09:44:47 PM
Doesn't matter a f**k who manages Mayo, we are and always will be a soft flakey team, when we come up against a problem, wee pass the buck and our so called leaders hide away hoping some one else will take on the tough challenge. There is a reason we haven't won an All Ireland in a lifetime and its not donw to managers. JOM has to go no doubt, and bring some of our hollow heros with him. Again last week we are articles in Newspapers from some players, things have changed, different attitude blah, blah,blah, get the f**k out of the way and let players who might not have the silky skills but will give 100%. Thats all we the supporters ask for,  now thats not too much is it. As for the money issues and the county board, good enough for them, just puits the tin hat on it really.

didn't see too many players with silky skills out there today an gaelgoir sure o' mahony does not want those type players
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Zulu

As a poster who defended JOM here on a good few occassions it would appear I got it wrong. Not withstanding the abject performances of many players JOM looked clueless himself and Mayo are obviously not very well coached. In saying that I would drop a good number of those lads off the panel altogether as the likes of Parsons and T. Mort have proved that they aren't up to this level.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Zulu on June 05, 2010, 09:49:37 PM
As a poster who defended JOM here on a good few occassions it would appear I got it wrong. Not withstanding the abject performances of many players JOM looked clueless himself and Mayo are obviously not very well coached. In saying that I would drop a good number of those lads off the panel altogether as the likes of Parsons and T. Mort have proved that they aren't up to this level.

i was waiting to see what your view of mahony was today zulu and whether you would defend him or not  thankfully you haven't
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 05, 2010, 09:49:20 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on June 05, 2010, 09:44:47 PM
Doesn't matter a f**k who manages Mayo, we are and always will be a soft flakey team, when we come up against a problem, wee pass the buck and our so called leaders hide away hoping some one else will take on the tough challenge. There is a reason we haven't won an All Ireland in a lifetime and its not donw to managers. JOM has to go no doubt, and bring some of our hollow heros with him. Again last week we are articles in Newspapers from some players, things have changed, different attitude blah, blah,blah, get the f**k out of the way and let players who might not have the silky skills but will give 100%. Thats all we the supporters ask for,  now thats not too much is it. As for the money issues and the county board, good enough for them, just puits the tin hat on it really.

didn't see too many players with silky skills out there today an gaelgoir sure o' mahony does not want those type players

Fair point about the silky skills! :D

spuds

Quote from: moysider on June 05, 2010, 09:25:39 PM

we were seriously out numbered where we were would be surprised if 5k mayos in it sad day when even the loyals dont travel heard last might co board had shifted well under 2k tickets
therell be a kick in this team yet but probably be agin some poor auld team even in a worse state than us paupers
the only solution i can see to the whole sorry mess is to keep drinking
over and out goodnight irene

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard