The Battle for Fermanagh and South Tyrone

Started by Ulick, April 19, 2010, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

It's estimated Sinn Féin will need close to 9 out of every 10 nationalist votes to hold onto this seat. An almost impossible task but going by the manner in which Fearghal McKinney was absolutely slaughtered on the Politics Show yesterday by Gerry Kelly, it looks like they are going to give it a go.

Six days left to see it (28 minutes in):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/the_politics_show_northern_ireland

Warning: Some images are likely to offend those sensitive to scenes of pain and blood.

ziggysego

Cheers Ulick, missed the Politics Show yesterday. Was reading on Twitter last night that Fearghal made a dog's ear of it. This coming from people of all walks of life.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

I will have a look at it later but I think it's worth pointing out that Gerry Kelly isn't standing in FST

Ulick

In that case it's worth pointing out that the debate isn't solely about FST either, but that is the obvious subtext. The SDLP put McKinney forward as their representative for a televised debate to boost his profile ahead of the FST election. Bad mistake. To say his is well out of his depth is a vast understatement.

Zapatista

Quote from: Ulick on April 19, 2010, 10:51:45 AM
In that case it's worth pointing out that the debate isn't solely about FST either, but that is the obvious subtext. The SDLP put McKinney forward as their representative for a televised debate to boost his profile ahead of the FST election. Bad mistake. To say his is well out of his depth is a vast understatement.

Will it have that big of an effect? Would it make a difference in South Down? It's some own goal if it does.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Ulick on April 19, 2010, 10:51:45 AM

Christ almighty he was AWFUL.  What's all this "arms around unionists"...
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Zapatista

Fecking not available here. Will it be out on youtube?

pintsofguinness

atrocious - rambling on there about nothing, shared future, holding hangs blah blah - is it SDLP or the Alliance party he's running for

oh good god and as you watch on he gets worse! cringe.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Doogie Browser

Was never a fan of the stoops but I do think they are in freefall.  Ritchie has to be one of the worst party leaders of all time, totally out of her depth.  Throwing McKinney into FST smacked of desperation and it looks that way now with his poor performance yesterday.
Hopefully the Nationalists of FST show their disgust at the sectarian electoral pact and re-elect the sitting MP.

whiskeysteve

Jaysis...

Actually uncomfortable to watch... Even before he opened his mouth he made me uncomfortable with his swaying about and hand wringing. Looks like he had a wild dose of the piles or something

Quote from: Ulick on April 19, 2010, 10:36:25 AM
Warning: Some images are likely to offend those sensitive to scenes of pain and blood.

Having seen the likes of Hostel and Evil Dead, I can safely say I was more uncomfortable watching Fearghal McKinney blether about absolutely nothing at all.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

pintsofguinness

Quote from: whiskeysteve on April 19, 2010, 11:50:07 AM
Jaysis...

Actually uncomfortable to watch... Even before he opened his mouth he made me uncomfortable with his swaying about and hand wringing. Looks like he had a wild dose of the piles or something

Quote from: Ulick on April 19, 2010, 10:36:25 AM

Having seen the likes of Hostel and Evil Dead, I can safely say I was more uncomfortable watching Fearghal McKinney blether about absolutely nothing at all.
yeah I noted that too, what was that about  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sammymaguire

I have not watched the show, I only seen the end of it, why was it filmed in Armagh with the views on the street in Keady?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 19, 2010, 11:48:47 AM
Was never a fan of the stoops but I do think they are in freefall.  Ritchie has to be one of the worst party leaders of all time, totally out of her depth.  Throwing McKinney into FST smacked of desperation and it looks that way now with his poor performance yesterday.
Hopefully the Nationalists of FST show their disgust at the sectarian electoral pact and re-elect the sitting MP.
Didn't the Shinners suggest such a thing for S. Down and S. Belfast?

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 19, 2010, 12:31:19 PM
I have not watched the show, I only seen the end of it, why was it filmed in Armagh with the views on the street in Keady?
I only saw the last few mins also - I thought they were only in Richill and Forkhill.

The stoops were going to have their work cut out sending anyone in against G. Kelly. Say what you want about him but he can handle himself on tv (and off it too no doubt!).

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2010, 12:55:25 PM
Possibly, but I am sure it was in reply to FST.  Two wrongs don't make a right etc etc

ziggysego

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 19, 2010, 01:05:41 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2010, 12:55:25 PM
Possibly, but I am sure it was in reply to FST.  Two wrongs don't make a right etc etc

It was in reply to F/ST and you're right, two wrongs don't make a right. However in this case the SDLP should have stepped aside. I'm sick of this tribal nonsense and had hoped we'd moved away from it. DUP, UCUNF and TUV are resisting, so play them at their own game.
Testing Accessibility