The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

There is a rock solid minimum level of fun (i.e. England getting hammered)  guaranteed with England  meeting Germany in the last 16.

Interview with some English player now,  one of the Coles,
'We wuz sat on lead' .... 'I fink we wuz good'  'I weally believe we can do it now'

longrunsthefox

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 23, 2010, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 23, 2010, 05:33:54 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 23, 2010, 05:14:54 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 23, 2010, 05:10:23 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 23, 2010, 05:06:55 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 23, 2010, 05:05:36 PM
If Hitlers men win tonight will they top the group regardless of how the other results go?
Aye

Heil Hitler so!
Just hope the bloody Germans do the business tonight now, game over at quarter past nein (just getting my coat)

Ghana would be better fun beating England...

Although IMHO Ghana are a poor side.

so are England...have faith

Catch the high ball

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 23, 2010, 05:41:35 PM
Saw the interview with Donovan there... You could really see how much it means to him and the rest of Yanks

The interviewer kept addressing him as Mr Donovan which I found pretty funny (especially with his American accent).
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Main Street

The US TV  post match interview questions tend to be all touchy feely.

Capt Pat

Germany are hot at the moment, the ref beat them against Serbia. If Ghana can hold them out, they are a pretty good side, I don't think they will.

Next up will be the game of the tournament England v Argentina if they beat the Germans. Their semi final opponents should be Spain.

However if Spain finish second in their group they will have a second round game v Brazil or Portugal.

Norf Tyrone

No matter what you say about John Terry, no matter how many problems he has off the field (Usually inflicted), he is superb when he crosses the line. Thought him and Upson were very good today, especially considering Upson is 4th choice CB.

If Crouch didn't look like a freak would he get more games? His goals per game record is superb but when it comes to the crunch he is 4th choice!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Is Crouchs goals to games ratio not skewed by the fact he is a flat track bully and scored quite a lot v mugs in home friendlies?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Minder on June 23, 2010, 06:13:17 PM
Is Crouchs goals to games ratio not skewed by the fact he is a flat track bully and scored quite a lot v mugs in home friendlies?

Maybe, but it's still good relevant to the other forwards.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

I'm glad England got through to the Q/F. The script is now set for them to go out on penalties to Germany!  ;D
Testing Accessibility

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Minder on June 23, 2010, 06:13:17 PM

10 goals in Euro/World Cup qualifiers, 11 goals in friendlies(which included a hat-trick versus Jamica which brought us the Robot Dance :o)  as opposed to Emile Heskey who has scored 3 goals in Qualifiers and 4 goals in friendlies or Defoe who has 7 in qualifiers and 5 in friendlies, or Rooney with 12 in qualifiers and 6 in friendlies.   

Celt_Man

Quote from: ziggysego on June 23, 2010, 06:23:28 PM
I'm glad England got through to the Q/F. The script is now set for them to go out on penalties to Germany!  ;D

Ease up there Ziggy, they are only in the second round not the quarters yet!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 23, 2010, 06:23:28 PM

Tool  :D
They only through to 2nd round Ziggy
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Capt Pat

Take one goal off Crouch in a competitive game for pulling the dreadlocks of a Trinidad and Tobago player as he went up for the ball in the last world cup.

magickingdom

delighted the US got thro, mad finish to the game

Hoof Hearted

2 brothers against each other tonight Germany v Ghana. the Boatengs.
Kevin Prince is also public enemy No.1 after his tackle on Mickey Ballack in the FA Cup final.
Brothers havent spoken since then
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012