Ard Mhacha v An Dún - Cluiche Ceannais Rionn 2 - Pairc an Chrócaigh 25/4/10

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, April 11, 2010, 11:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

our_fella

After talking to a Stone match after their league game last night, Ambrose has a suspected broken foot and is out for 6 weeks. very good chance now that Gordon will start MF

Farrandeelin

Quote from: western exile on April 24, 2010, 12:35:53 AM
1 point win will be the result, all right.

Here is their scoring difference during the league

P       F      A       Diff     Points
Down       7   6-94   3-65     38        13
Armagh    7   6-94   5-60     37        10

Prediction:  Down 1-8   Armagh 0-10

Down will win by 5 I'd say.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lawnseed

your man leon from boylesports was on todayfm this morning and he gave the result to armagh, every time this guy tips armagh we get beat. i think hes wrong this time but it will be low scoring. paddy o was interviewed on bbc, to be honest i didnt think he was really up for this and seems to be holding back a little, at least that was my impression. maybe Derry are in his thoughts? although its div 2 i think its the most intriguing of the games on this weekend
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Dubh driocht

With Ambrose out , the likely replacement will be Pete Fitzpatrick, which means that St Louis will have provided the CHB,one of the midfielders , the CHF and CFF - remarkable for such a small school.The loss of our captain is a big blow but wee James always thrived in Croke Park and while it might take extra-time to separate the teams, Down to win out in the end.

naka

like the look of the armagh team we have 2 good fielders which gives us an option if down try and crowd it
like the look of the forward line
armagh by 3 easing up

John o connor

Quote from: mackers on April 22, 2010, 10:37:00 AM
Quote from: John o connor on April 21, 2010, 11:51:29 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 21, 2010, 10:25:31 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on April 21, 2010, 10:05:14 PM
Settle down fellas .....We seem to have a few options in each position for this game ..no point in gettin our knickers in a twist about Sunday...we'll give it a quare good rattle .....our main objective is to get everyone fit for the championship...no point in getting worried about a pointless challenge game against a second rate team we have already humiliated this year..

How can a national final in Croke Park be deemed a 'pointless challenge match' for Down. I am struggling to remember Down actually winning a game at HQ in recent memory, can anyone enlighten me on this one. Get the excuses in early lads so that afterwards you can say that you are more interested in the bigger picture. I detect plenty of fear coming from the Down camp for this one.   

We look to have a far stronger panel than we have done in years and wee james looks the part so far but the Championship is what we are lookin at for sure and a sixth all Ireland all the lads have to do is get us to the final and let nature take its course  ;)
Wee James is flat out in the media trying to keep a lid on things but it's obviously wasted on you!! I've a feeling your mummy was still wiping your a*se in 91 and 94 and you wouldn't know how much better the AI winning teams of 91 & 94 were compared to this years team. If Down (or Armagh for that matter) get to Croker to play in an AI QF this year they'll have had a successful season.

Of course they will have had a successful season you wally !!!! But i hardly think my post will f*^k up the way in which wee james is playing the media do you ? I believe every time Down take the field we will win, i think a lot of down fans do. Down teams through the years have came from nowhere to win all Irelands playing football worth paying in to see unlike Armagh . So sorry if ive upset you with my confidence but you know how the saying goes " it breeds sucess "

Mourne Rover

DD, if Luke Howard was fully fit, he would probably be starting at corner back, meaning that all five lines in the team would then contain a St Louis man. Let's hope that Down have more luck tomorrow than St Louis did in their two MacRory finals.

lemallon

I was wondering why Forker wasnt on the bench.  Thats very bad news for Armagh if true.  Means he wont have played a full league game going into Derry.  Going to be tough to start him in Celtic Park.  Especially as he is a player who needs game time to be at his best.

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: our_fella on April 24, 2010, 08:52:25 PM
Clarke out. Forker in for tomorrow  :(

Is it a fresh injury or is he not starting but will see some action?

Highlander3

orangeman

Armagh fancy your full back line - they're kicking most ball in on top of them.

Down defence looks nervous.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on April 25, 2010, 02:36:48 PM
How the hell are Down ahead?  ???

Down may send for a full back at half time.

Mc Donnell is cleaning his man out.