Sacair nó péil

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 07, 2010, 08:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Soccer or football?

For me, it will always be football.  I lost interest in soccer nearly 30 years ago after a very brief flirtation with supporting Leeds and I only followed them because my da did.  Soccer bores me and there is nothing I would rather do as a hobby than support Armagh, I attended my first inter county game way back in 1975/6 at the Athletic Grounds and have been addicted to Armagh ever since.

So, which would you prefer and why?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Celt_Man

No contest Football... better game to watch and play
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Football kicks soccers ass 9 out of 10 times, but tonight is a good soccer night (even if the Scum end up winning  >:(  )
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lurganblue

Without a doubt football, and club before county! It's what I grew up playing and it's integral to my culture and community.

That being said I've nothing against soccer. I enjoy the odd game of five a side and like to have a pint watching the odd game.

Orior

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 07, 2010, 08:59:58 PM
Soccer or football?

For me, it will always be football.  I lost interest in soccer nearly 30 years ago after a very brief flirtation with supporting Leeds and I only followed them because my da did.  Soccer bores me and there is nothing I would rather do as a hobby than support Armagh, I attended my first inter county game way back in 1975/6 at the Athletic Grounds and have been addicted to Armagh ever since.

So, which would you prefer and why?

Football all the way for me.  Sure its our national sport!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

football, no contest.
that said I love watching a good game of soccer on the telly like tonight - also looking forward to the world cup, will watch any game I can when it's on though I couldn't name a dozen players in the whole competition. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lady GAA GAA

Was football for me until the past couple of years. Football is often a poor spectacle these days with the amount of stoppages.

Id take a good game of GAA ahead of soccer but theyre hard come by these days.

The Real Laoislad

If I was asked which I rather watching then its soccer without a doubt.

If I was asked which I rather playing then its soccer without a doubt.

If I was asked would I rather see Laois win a Football All Ireland or Liverpool win Premier League/Champions League(lets suspend belief for a second) then it would be Laois winning the All Ireland without a doubt.

Make what you will of that......
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

Football then rugby then hurling then soccer then golf
#newbridgeornowhere

Orior

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 07, 2010, 10:56:47 PM
Football then rugby then hurling then soccer then golf

What about work?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dinny Breen

That comes just before the wife and just after darts
#newbridgeornowhere

Lar Naparka

I have a good idea of what's going on in the Premiership but I don't follow any side in particular. I'll stay tuned now to Man Utd's and Chelsea's games to the end of this year's league but I won't get too uptight about whatever happens.
I'd never bother staying in or going to the pub to watch a premiership game but I might do it for an international game if two class sides were playing.
Overall, I find rugby more entertaining to watch than soccer but I tend to stick with Gaelic games.
After that, I'd kinda agree with Dinny. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

5 Sams

Football was always No 1 for me...as for soccer I used to "follow" Man Utd whenever Cantona was playing....I didnt even watch last nights game :-[
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Soccer. Very few people from North Antrim would say otherwise.

T Fearon

Both equally, and unlike most on here I suspect, I actually follow my teams live, in both codes, paying (lots) of hard cash for the privilege ;)