6. Conor O'Mahony (Newport)                     
7. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)   
8. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh)       
9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)                     
10. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)       
11. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)                 
12. Gearóid Ryan (Templederry Kenyons)       
13. Eoin Kelly (Mullinahone)     Captain           
14. Timmy Hammersley (Clonoulty Rossmore) 
15. Paul Kelly (Mullinahone)   

Fair enough Tipp team..

Cork Team:
   1. Martin Coleman (Ballinhassig)
   2. Shane O'Neill (Bishopstown)
   3. Eoin Cadogan ( Douglas)
   4. Brian Murphy (Bride Rovers)
   5. John Gardiner (Na Piarsaigh)
   6. Ronan Curran (St. Finbarr's)
   7. Seán Óg Ó hAilpín (Na Piarsaigh)
   8. Tom Kenny (Grenagh)
   9. Lorcán McLoughlin (Kanturk)
  10. Tadhg Óg Murphy (Sarsfields)
  11. Jerry O'Connor (Newtownshandrum)
  12. Cathal Naughton (Newtownshandrum)
  13. Paudie O'Sullivan (Cloyne)
  14. Aisake Ó hAilpín (Na Piarsaigh)
  15. Pat Horgan (Glen Rovers)
  16. Donal Og Cusack (Cloyne)
  17. Conor O'Sullivan (Sarsfields)
  18. Ray Ryan (Sarsfields)
  19. Michael Walsh (Kildorrery)
  20. William Egan (Kilbrin)
  21. Mark O'Sullivan (Dripsey)
  22. Kieran Murphy (Sarsfields)
  23. Michael Cussen (Sarsfields)
  24. Luke O'Farrell (Midleton)

..Well then..
I'd be very surprised if that team lined up, more than that I'd be very surprised if that team won..
It looks like he's resting some key players, like Ben (would prefer to see Jerry be rested still..) but in the wrong game..this could backfire. Some good players in there, but I mean Walsh is really out to test the metal of the young players.

Should be an interesting game..

slow corner back

A lot of tinkering withthat Cork team. Is Denis trying to avoid a league final? Keep powder dry for the championship perhaps

Roashter

I think he still doesn't know his 1st 15, hence all the changes.
He has big calls to make especially in midfield and half-forward line, and still to make a call on Aisake v Cussen

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team v Dubs

Colm Callinan 
Fergal Moore
Shane Kavanagh 
Damien Joyce
Donal Barry 
Tony og Regan
David Collins
Ger Farragher
David Burke
Joe Canning
Cyril Donnellan
Eanna Ryan 
Aidan Harte
IarlaithTannian
Damien Hayes

INDIANA

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 02, 2010, 04:40:17 PM
Galway team v Dubs

Colm Callinan 
Fergal Moore
Shane Kavanagh 
Damien Joyce
Donal Barry 
Tony og Regan
David Collins
Ger Farragher
David Burke
Joe Canning
Cyril Donnellan
Eanna Ryan 
Aidan Harte
IarlaithTannian
Damien Hayes

Listening to this on the radio unfortunately. Easter Sunday isn't the free day it used to be years back! Can't expect much from Dublin. Hopefully a good performance. i think Galway are out of reach for us at present.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on April 02, 2010, 11:46:15 AM
Team
Tipp team:

1. Brendan Cummins (Ballybacon-Grange)
2. Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh)                   
3. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields) 
4. Paul Curran (Mullinahone)             
5. Declan Fanning (Killenaule)             
6. Conor O'Mahony (Newport)                     
7. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)   
8. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh)       
9. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)                     
10. Noel McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)       
11. Lar Corbett (Thurles Sarsfields)                 
12. Gearóid Ryan (Templederry Kenyons)       
13. Eoin Kelly (Mullinahone)     Captain           
14. Timmy Hammersley (Clonoulty Rossmore) 
15. Paul Kelly (Mullinahone)   

Fair enough Tipp team..

Cork Team:
   1. Martin Coleman (Ballinhassig)
   2. Shane O'Neill (Bishopstown)
   3. Eoin Cadogan ( Douglas)
   4. Brian Murphy (Bride Rovers)
   5. John Gardiner (Na Piarsaigh)
   6. Ronan Curran (St. Finbarr's)
   7. Seán Óg Ó hAilpín (Na Piarsaigh)
   8. Tom Kenny (Grenagh)
   9. Lorcán McLoughlin (Kanturk)
  10. Tadhg Óg Murphy (Sarsfields)
  11. Jerry O'Connor (Newtownshandrum)
  12. Cathal Naughton (Newtownshandrum)
  13. Paudie O'Sullivan (Cloyne)
  14. Aisake Ó hAilpín (Na Piarsaigh)
  15. Pat Horgan (Glen Rovers)
  16. Donal Og Cusack (Cloyne)
  17. Conor O'Sullivan (Sarsfields)
  18. Ray Ryan (Sarsfields)
  19. Michael Walsh (Kildorrery)
  20. William Egan (Kilbrin)
  21. Mark O'Sullivan (Dripsey)
  22. Kieran Murphy (Sarsfields)
  23. Michael Cussen (Sarsfields)
  24. Luke O'Farrell (Midleton)

..Well then..
I'd be very surprised if that team lined up, more than that I'd be very surprised if that team won..
It looks like he's resting some key players, like Ben (would prefer to see Jerry be rested still..) but in the wrong game..this could backfire. Some good players in there, but I mean Walsh is really out to test the metal of the young players.

Should be an interesting game..

Good intensity to the match yesterday and while Tipp will maybe have more to bring to the championship the Cork management seem to have brought the squad on as Ger was maybe trying to do but wasn't allowed. Definitely the championship will be match will be one to look forward to.

Reillers what do you think of the management's approach now as you've been critical of selections in every match?

imtommygunn

Very entertaining game yesterday. I thought Tipp were going to pull away in the second half but cork stuck at it well. Horgan looks like  he's the makings of a very good forward. O'Sullivan has it still to prove for me - a bit too happy to go for goals. Aisake caused some panic at the start. Why he was moved to CHF I'm not sure?

In terms of missing players Callinane and O'Connor would seem like the most obvious players missing. Lar Corbett seems a lot less at home in CHF.

What is the story with Eoin Kelly? He looks to be carrying a good bit of weight. While he is still brilliant he hasn't looked fit in about 2 years. Cadogan did well on him but he roasted him for a few balls too.

Dowling with his obligatory Ger comment I see.

I think your man Shane O'Neill should be in the half back line too. He causes a lot of bother when he goes on those runs.

dowling

That would be me alright. Alright for Reillers to come on with his obligatory crticism of a manager without comment from you.
You miss the point imtommygun. We all knew Denis wasn't going to do anything drastic last year but this year he seems to have tightened his control on the reins and has re-jigged the team significantly so far. Of course it remains to be seen what his final championship selection will be but no doubt some of the regulars wont make it. While there's no doubting the calibre of some of the Cork players over the last number of years I would contend that Ger saw the need to revamp things but was prevented from doing so. Ironically all the strike achieved was to delay the changes and progress that would come about.

imtommygunn

I was actually only interested in talking about the match and only read the last post. Manager stuff talked to death.

I am still only interested in hearing talk about the match and not about managers.

My only point on management would have been why cork moved aisake o'halpin from full forward to centre half forward.

dowling

Well I was posting on the match also and in the context of the championship meeting to come. I was also contending that rejigging the Cork team has been necessary to give it more strength and that the league so far has shown that. Because Ger wasn't given the chance to do that the Team is only arriving at where they should have been some time ago.
As Reillers has consistently questioned the management surely there's nothing wrong with asking how he feels now.

As for you being only interested in talking about the match, fair enough. So why mention me in your post? What position was I playing?

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on April 05, 2010, 04:05:03 PM
Well I was posting on the match also and in the context of the championship meeting to come. I was also contending that rejigging the Cork team has been necessary to give it more strength and that the league so far has shown that. Because Ger wasn't given the chance to do that the Team is only arriving at where they should have been some time ago.
As Reillers has consistently questioned the management surely there's nothing wrong with asking how he feels now.

As for you being only interested in talking about the match, fair enough. So why mention me in your post? What position was I playing?

Ger this Ger that, move on ffs. Do you need to bring it up every single time you post?

I didn't consistently question the manager, I made one post, saying I think his decision to rest key players in a key match might backfire, it didn't. That's all I said. But you of course exagerate everything.

Reillers

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 05, 2010, 02:23:40 PM
Very entertaining game yesterday. I thought Tipp were going to pull away in the second half but cork stuck at it well. Horgan looks like  he's the makings of a very good forward. O'Sullivan has it still to prove for me - a bit too happy to go for goals. Aisake caused some panic at the start. Why he was moved to CHF I'm not sure?

In terms of missing players Callinane and O'Connor would seem like the most obvious players missing. Lar Corbett seems a lot less at home in CHF.

What is the story with Eoin Kelly? He looks to be carrying a good bit of weight. While he is still brilliant he hasn't looked fit in about 2 years. Cadogan did well on him but he roasted him for a few balls too.

Dowling with his obligatory Ger comment I see.

I think your man Shane O'Neill should be in the half back line too. He causes a lot of bother when he goes on those runs.

Cork did very well to hang in there, and we got to see what our backline would be and how they'd do on the Tipp forward line, while the Tipp backline weren't afforderd the same opportunity.

Shane O Neill is better the further out you play him, and he will hopefully stay there in the Championship, unless we need to move him back.

I think Aisake was moved, and I remember thinking it was a strange decision at the time, but I think he was moved because Walsh got what he wanted, he moved him off Maher because I'd say he had seen enough, I'd imagine Walsh may be thinking Maher may be marking Aisaike come championship and doesn't want to give him anymore game time to work out how to play him.

I think it's been a pretty smart move. As for the Galway game, it will be interesting to see what managers choose to as their teams to liine out seeing as the team meet for the final as well.

dowling

Reillers you have consistently questioned team selections so don't give me that FFS nonsense again.
Even if you continue to try to make out you haven't the least you could do is acknowledge the criticism prior to this match was misplaced.
As for the 'Ger thing' I was just relating to where Cork have been and why and where they are now. Big deal.

imtommygunn

Interesting take on whay Aisake was moved Reillers. I suppose it does make some sense. I thought it strange as Aisake was murdering Maher in there...

O'Neill looks good attacking but then who would you take out of the HB line. I also think Naughton would be better off in midfield but that guy McLaughlin was quite good there.

Should be an interesting clash come c'ship assuming no-one else in munster gets in the way.

From the Tipp perspective I thought young McGrath looked like he would be more at home in the corner forward slot.I think there half forward line will be vastly different come c'ship.