International Rules 2010/2011

Started by Estimator, March 31, 2010, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on September 30, 2010, 04:43:58 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 28, 2010, 06:02:02 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on September 28, 2010, 02:33:58 PM
No Hardy you can still kick a wide in IR. and you get Zero for it.

You must also summit that you can miss in GAA and still get rewarded for it then?

(Have to pop out for a hr, I expect a 3 page debate on the above please befor my return!!  ;) )

Stevie Wonder could score a behind in AFL or Bastardised Rules. Its a game that requires little in the way of talent or skill. A behind is awarded to make the players look more skillful then they actually are.

Well lets see Gaelic players regularly shooting from 40-50 yards out and out from the sidelines and see how often they kick wides or the equivalent of behinds if it doesn't require any skill....
They don't get rewarded for kicking the ball wide. And your point is?...........................................

JMohan

The guy I remember playing best for the IC rules was Burrishoole's own Colm McManamon.
It nearly seemed like he enjoyed the contact more in it.

Did he ever play or get a trial dwon under?

Jinxy

They'd have had to add another set of goalposts for Colm in fairness.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Puckoon

Jesus he was diabolical at the shooting alright wasnt he?

southsidejohnny

This game is a laugh. No club plays it. When the Aussies get tough we cry. We want it all our own way, round ball, goalkeepers and dont tackle us hard. When its over nobody will ever play it again until the next handy trip. Its not international, its not county and its not club. Its a joke. By the way if Andy Moran supports Roscommon as we are told let him transfer to a club there and play for them, not fair that he should be playing for Mayo against his will. By the way, Ballaghederreen is a mayo club, always was always will. Change was done for electoral reasons

Rossfan

Quote from: southsidejohnny on October 02, 2010, 04:38:27 PM
This game is a laugh. No club plays it. When the Aussies get tough we cry. We want it all our own way, round ball, goalkeepers and dont tackle us hard. When its over nobody will ever play it again until the next handy trip. Its not international, its not county and its not club. Its a joke. By the way if Andy Moran supports Roscommon as we are told let him transfer to a club there and play for them, not fair that he should be playing for Mayo against his will. By the way, Ballaghederreen is a mayo club, always was always will. Change was done for electoral reasons

Andy Moran would have  to move house and get an address in the area of some Ros club if he wants to transfer.
Ballaghadereen is a Roscommon town and always will be no matter what Co Board the silly local GAA club wants to affiliate  to.
Anyway Bray Emmets won an All Ireland as "Dublin" but the town is still in Wickla.
As for the Intl Rules ...they get some crowds for what you call a joke.

A lot more than will watch you anyway y'eejit. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Speaking of Ballaghadreen, will Mayo/Roscommon man Pearse Hanley be playing in this?

EagleLord

Really couldnt be arsed goin through the previous pages to see, do any of ye's know the squad for it? Has it been named, or what stage is it even at, i.e still trial stages, boys to be called up/cut?

stiffler

Anyone know is it possible to get tickets for this anywhere apart from ticketmaster?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on October 02, 2010, 10:20:11 PM
Speaking of Ballaghadreen, will Mayo/Roscommon man Pearse Hanley be playing in this?

I heard that the Roscommon man  (and ex Mayowestrossouthsligo player) is on he squad.
One fear is that the whole thing will end up with no Gaelic footballers on the Irish team , just all Irish lads who play Rules in Oz.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redhand Santa

Wonder will the money be there for the gaa to advertise this as well as previous years. I always enjoy it and good to get to see some of the best players in the country play together. There's not many big occasions under lights in Croke Park and hope to make it down.

They'll do well to sell out Limerick. Was a strange choice of venue, thought Casement was the better option.

Jinxy

Hopefully it dies on it's arse this year.

stephenite

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Jinxy on October 05, 2010, 11:37:38 PM
Hopefully it dies on it's arse this year.

WHy do you hope that? It mightn't be your cup of tea but I don't see what hrm its doing. The players enjoy it and so do a lot of supporters. Its not as though Ricky Nixon will forget where Dublin Airport is if the series is abandoned.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Jinxy