Dún na nGall v Ard Mhacha - Páirc Uí Dhómhnail - Leitir Ceanainn - 11ú Aibreán

Started by PatDaly, March 28, 2010, 07:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on April 09, 2010, 11:22:36 PM
Hearty has been a decent servant for the county, but I cant believe he's been given the No 1 spot.

Also, what the heck is Parkinson doing on the subs bench? Was not impressed by him in last years club championship.

R u serious Orior ???...he was very good for Og's last year
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Aghdavoyle

Jaysus he wasn't id - he wasnt even on the team early in the championship. good final though.

shannon was a starter in the early games and got injured.

McEvoy must be wondering at the double standards of a single mistake against down costing him his place while hearty... well hearty remains consistent.

illdecide

Well in fairness i only saw him in action 4 times but the 4 i seen him in i thought he done well.

v CROSS
v Harps
v Clans x2 (league)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Benny Barnaveld

Quote from: Orior on April 09, 2010, 11:22:36 PM
Hearty has been a decent servant for the county, but I cant believe he's been given the No 1 spot.

Also, what the heck is Parkinson doing on the subs bench? Was not impressed by him in last years club championship.

Obviously he is unproven at county level, after all he is only in the subs.
He played midfield for the Ogs I think and ended up in at fullback for the championship.
I thought he looked better a little out the field as he is very athletic.
Consistent enough player from the dozen or so time I seen him last year.

Hearty should not be getting chance number 147 between the posts.
McEvoy has been hung out to dry for the Down game where Mallon was as much to blame as he was imo.

Ulick

Saw Parkinson a few times last year he seemed to do okay, nothing special but he seems to have the athleticism of a county player. I take it he's been the only member of the panel so far not to get a run out? Considering some of the boys we've been playing he should have been well in before now.

ArmaghGAAforum

Armagh 2-16 Donegal 0-06 Full Time

Promoted to Division 1 and off to Croke Park in 2 weeks time to get revenge against the Mournemen

J70

Well done to the Armagh men. From the sounds of the radio coverage, they completely overpowered Donegal physically from the start (like Kildare earlier in the league and Cork in the championship last year), and once the first goal went in, a lot of Donegal players threw in the towel and didn't want to know, Lacey and McGee being exceptions at the back (wasn't much the forwards could do by all accounts as there was no ball going in). Hard to know eactly where we're at after that league campaign - a couple of drubbings each received and dished out and narrow losses and wins against Down, Meath and Tipperary. We ran Down close while Armagh were annihilated by them (and by Tipp in the second half of that game). Typical league and very early in the year maybe, but hopefully we'll be a bit more competitive if we should meet Armagh again.

armaghniac

Donegal were poor today, but the Armagh performance gives a lot of cause for optimism, especially if we had a fit Clarke. Well done!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Looking at coverage on tv J70 has it exactly right.

Donegal quite reliant on Murphy too. Armagh's FB has the perfect physique to mark him (Donaghy isn't it?) and did a good job on him.Again when it came down to it I thought McFadden was also very poor.

Very disappointed in Donegal to be honest. They just dropped the heads exactly like they did against Cork. Armagh also looked very good so that's not to take anything away from them. They look a very solid side.

bennydorano

Well that was a bit of a suprise, Donegal probably not too bothered if they lost as I'm sure they prob didn't want to play Down so close to the championship, but they wouldn't be too pleased with that.  We were defintely more up for that than Donegal and plenty of reason for optimism.

Some top drawer performances, built on our HB line who I thought totally obliterated their opponents, McKeever and Duffy had to be contenders for Motm.  I think POR could fancy Vernon at Chf and if Lavery can stay fit he could end up in MF for the derry game, i know Vernon hated the HF role he had under McDonnell but playing as a proper hf he could defintely do a job.  Only TK (and AK to a lesser extenet) didn't really contribute much.

DuffleKing

Fantastic performance today. Really encouraging from a lot of lads.
Reminiscent of similar performances along the way under the last regime - notably dublin in cross.

Ironically the half fowards seemed to be playing similarly deep today (particularly ak) and donegal didn't know to cope with McKeever playing as a sweeper.

Interesting league final to look forward to now.

Orior

Great performance from the Armagh half backs.

Moriarity-McKeever-Duffy are the best I've seen since McCann-McGeeny-O'Rourke.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Orior on April 11, 2010, 07:07:13 PM

Moriarity-McKeever-Duffy are the best I've seen since McCann-McGeeny-O'Rourke.

They certainly get forward quicker and much more often than McGeeney's line.  They are a great outlet for us.  I just hope that they don't get exposed when going backwards.

mountainboii

Very impressive performance from Armagh today. Was like the old days, dominating Donegal both physically and on the score board. Wary of get too excited about it though, as we were equally dominant against Kildare earlier in the league and followed that up with a couple of dodgy displays. Hard to know how bothered Donegal were today either.

I'd imagine that'll be fairly close to the Championship side.

Would perfer to have McEvoy in goals, but to be fair to Hearty he's been good in the last couple of games apart from the one moment of madness.

Still reckon there's one place in the defence up for grabs. Shannon stepped in today and was decent, he'll probably get a chance to lock down his place in the final. I hope he does, as I perfer to see Duffy in the HB line.

Can't see Lavery getting dropped after what may have been his best showing yet in an Armagh senior jersey. He'll partner Toner, which means Vernon will have to stay in the HF line.

Reckon the HF line will remain the same, although Kernan could still swap with Vernon. Harsh for Feeney to miss out.

I'd imagine Clarke will come back in a straight swap for Tony Kernan, who was probably our least impressive player today. Brian Mallon is in pole position to complete the 15 after his excellent showing.

Ten different scorers today can't be sniffed at, perhaps indicative of the more positive brand of football we're playing. This league campaign has had enough horror moments to remind us that we're still a good bit away from being the finished article, but on the whole it's been very positive. Looking forward to an early visit to Croke Park and seeing a few wrongs righted.