Dublin v Monaghan - Parnell Park - 13/03/10

Started by GrandMasterFlash, March 09, 2010, 10:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Looking forward to this game as it's been a great pairing of late.. Lads should be well up for it after Sunday and bar young Greenan I don't think we're in too bad a shape.. Dub will be favourites surely given their run in the division to date, a tag Monaghan will be happy enough with. Jaysus we really need 2 more points as I reckon there'll b 4/5 teams not safe till the last day. Folk say that division one is not important but I disagree as it's way more enjoayble and exiciting.. Every game is vital (and difficult!) which is good for the team and good value for the supporters!!  :)

The Subbie

Any word who the ref is? Hopefully better than the ladyboy higgins

INDIANA

Quote from: The Subbie on March 09, 2010, 10:48:24 AM
Any word who the ref is? Hopefully better than the ladyboy higgins

I suppose Dick Clerkin will need a bodyguard this time after he felt in such danger from the Parnell Park crowd last time? ;D.

Could be a rough game this one. Lot of bad blood between the 2 teams after the last game. I'd easily predict at least 2 sending offs. Parnell is a tight enough pitch too. Won't be one for the purists.

Schkite

Aye it could well be a very scrappy game, though I suppose the ref could have alot to do with that. It could come down to a free-kick shoot-out if the ref is particularly whistle-happy, I think we'd be grand in that respect with Finlay and McManus. Will Bernard Brogan be starting? Dublin seem to have really tightened up their defence this year so it'll be hard to engineer scores, the supply to our full-foward line will have to be considerably better than against Tyrone. It'll be interesting to see what changes if any are made to the defence, our half-back line was extremely young and I had worried about how they'd stand up against Tyrone, but they acquited themselves well and have put up their hands for selection again. Hopefully Greenan is ok as he can have a big part to play.

Looking forward to it, should be very interesting if nothing else!

INDIANA

Quote from: Schkite on March 09, 2010, 11:26:35 AM
Aye it could well be a very scrappy game, though I suppose the ref could have alot to do with that. It could come down to a free-kick shoot-out if the ref is particularly whistle-happy, I think we'd be grand in that respect with Finlay and McManus. Will Bernard Brogan be starting? Dublin seem to have really tightened up their defence this year so it'll be hard to engineer scores, the supply to our full-foward line will have to be considerably better than against Tyrone. It'll be interesting to see what changes if any are made to the defence, our half-back line was extremely young and I had worried about how they'd stand up against Tyrone, but they acquited themselves well and have put up their hands for selection again. Hopefully Greenan is ok as he can have a big part to play.

Looking forward to it, should be very interesting if nothing else!
I'd say you'll see a few more regulars this weekend from Dublin. But Dublin will have in many ways a markedly different team this year. A lot of the players now will be playing in the championship. You'll still have the brogans and a few others obviously.

GrandMasterFlash

Hopefully Greenan is ok as he can have a big part to play.

Apparently he's fine and not as bad as first feared, so much so they were considering re-starting him again Tyrone...

Main Street

Jaysus  is it the Dubs in next game? I had forgotten about them.

I hope their backroom team have completed their annual mandatory pitch rage management program?
How is that clipboard man? ;D
Has he been sent to Wicklow?

The memories are coming back.

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on March 09, 2010, 11:54:42 AM
Jaysus  is it the Dubs in next game? I had forgotten about them.

I hope their backroom team have completed their annual mandatory pitch rage management program?
How is that clipboard man? ;D
Has he been sent to Wicklow?

The memories are coming back.

How's Dick's counselling going Main Street? Is he alright now. I know it was a difficult experience for him ;D ;D

Declan

QuoteThe memories are coming back.

Yep they are alright. Think it'll be scrappy

Main Street

Quote from: INDIANA on March 09, 2010, 11:59:02 AM

How's Dick's counselling going Main Street? Is he alright now. I know it was a difficult experience for him ;D ;D

You may mock Indiana but that episode affected Dick much deeper that we feared. Post Parnell pk, the trauma set in motion a slow decline for Dick, he had a hard time last year and never really got going, even cowards like the Derry players started to laugh at him and gave him the odd kick when his back was turned, without any fear of retribution.  He was emasculated, a paltry shadow of the fearless warrior he once was.

Dick has rehabilatated himself over the winter. Not only is the testosterone back flowing like a raging torrent (eg.yellow card after 5 minutes) but he looks leaner, athletic and more skillful. I am actually astonished. I now believe in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Main Street

Quote from: Declan on March 09, 2010, 12:02:22 PM
QuoteThe memories are coming back.

Yep they are alright. Think it'll be scrappy

Decco,  its okay I call you Decco? 
You do realise that's a picture of a Dub pulling/ dragging the game down to their level.

omagh_gael

Declan

Decco,  its okay I call you Decco?
You do realise that's a picture of a Dub pulling/ dragging the game down to their level.

It's actually Deco ;) Of course I realise it is

Hound

Dublin seem to have really tightened up their defence this year so it'll be hard to engineer scores
Bear in mind that if Mayo had not missed an open goal, hit another 17 wides and left another 5 shots short, they would have engineered a score of 2-30 against our "tightened up" defence!

In fairness some of the new lads at the back have been doing well. In particular I like Fitzsimons. Conlon, O'Carroll, McMahon have had decent outings too. But our system of play needs a massive improvement from the last day out.

Schkite

Ah right, I heard Mayo had a load of wides but Dublin had alot of men behind the ball and were hard to break down, harder than recent campaigns anyway. We had a bit of a problem scoring from play against Tyrone as the supply wasn't the best, so we'll have to work this time round, though if we win frees I'd be confident enough of them being converted. But I've the feeling we'll have to be more efficient from play against Dublin.