McGourty says No to Usain Bolt

Started by longrunsthefox, March 01, 2010, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

On a personal level I would hold him with a certain level of disdain to be honest.

I'm an antrim fan and he's one of the best players in antrim. He's not a kick on the ass of 30 and he's done nothing for antrim. It's a real shame and I really hope CJ doesn't go the same direction.

I'm not a believer in the fact that only the "big shots" should be able to voice their opinion. I'd be of the opinion that before your opinion is of merit you should be someone who actualy bothers your arse to put the work in and get the best out of what you've got.

It's got nothing to do with who he is or where he is from. It's to do with what he is.

I really hope he doesn't look back in 20 odd years and regret it all.

The sad fact is that the guy is a cracking footballer. He would get on most,if not all, county teams in Ireland.

dodgy umpire

Some of the things being said against McGourty here are not on. The man lives for his football and has and does put a lot into Queens GAA. He has every right to voice his opinion on the matter, and he is right about home grown sport stars being overlooked.
The Boys in Red and Black are back

ONeill

Bolt From The Blue

Usain Bolt today hit back at claims that he would not be a worthy recipient of an Honorary Doctorate from Queen's University. Bolt's outburst was in response to ex-Antrim St Gall's GAA star Kevin McGourty's comments that local sport should be recognised above Bolt's international achievement.

Speak from his luxury 9-bedroom apartment in Jamaica, Bolt reacted angrily to McGourty's statement:

"This McGourty, he's the boy who wouldn't tog out for his county because he wasn't getting warm soup after a game? I'll tell you something, I didn't eat for four months one time. 4 months. I watched the Corofin game there on TG4 last Saturday night, or was it Sunday morning here? I can't remember. Anyway, he's had a few meals since then hasn't he. Hehe. Big oul head on him."

The normally mild mannered Bolt then upped the ante by throwing the gauntlet down in front of McGourty:

"Tell this Kevin lad the following: Let's see who is the better sportsman. I'll go toe-to-toe with the Milltown man. Carl Lewis says he'll do goals. One on one, first to five points, no goals."

McGourty refused to comment today on Bolt's challenge, quoting the need to study for his 3rd Masters.

"Listen, I don't have time to be running around the field with a Jamaican especially with exam pressure, establishing Fianna Fail up here, talking to you lads and the Kilmurry game. Do you ever see me doing something stupid like firing imaginary fireballs up to the sky? The man's not right. If Queen's had any gumption at all they'd be awarding it to our CJ or our Kieran or my da. Knock his feckin melt in"

www.bbc.co.uk/ni/gaa/mcgourtyboltoneononechallengelewisinnets
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2010, 12:18:03 AM
Bolt From The Blue

Usain Bolt today hit back at claims that he would not be a worthy recipient of an Honorary Doctorate from Queen's University. Bolt's outburst was in response to ex-Antrim St Gall's GAA star Kevin McGourty's comments that local sport should be recognised above Bolt's international achievement.

Speak from his luxury 9-bedroom apartment in Jamaica, Bolt reacted angrily to McGourty's statement:

"This McGourty, he's the boy who wouldn't tog out for his county because he wasn't getting warm soup after a game? I'll tell you something, I didn't eat for four months one time. 4 months. I watched the Corofin game there on TG4 last Saturday night, or was it Sunday morning here? I can't remember. Anyway, he's had a few meals since then hasn't he. Hehe. Big oul head on him."

The normally mild mannered Bolt then upped the ante by throwing the gauntlet down in front of McGourty:

"Tell this Kevin lad the following: Let's see who is the better sportsman. I'll go toe-to-toe with the Milltown man. Carl Lewis says he'll do goals. One on one, first to five points, no goals."

McGourty refused to comment today on Bolt's challenge, quoting the need to study for his 3rd Masters.

"Listen, I don't have time to be running around the field with a Jamaican especially with exam pressure, establishing Fianna Fail up here, talking to you lads and the Kilmurry game. Do you ever see me doing something stupid like firing imaginary fireballs up to the sky? The man's not right. If Queen's had any gumption at all they'd be awarding it to our CJ or our Kieran or my da. Knock his feckin melt in"

I'm tipping my hat to that one Oneill it's the best post I've read in a long time on this board... Excellent! :D :D

full back

Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2010, 12:18:03 AM
Bolt From The Blue

First class
:D

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 02, 2010, 11:42:49 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 02, 2010, 05:32:25 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2010, 04:36:06 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 02, 2010, 03:15:58 PM
NaomhBridAbú

Whereas spoilt brats from the Malone Road who think they're hard as nails making sniper poses in the Bot on a Friday night are shining examples of good parenting skills  ::)

Mcgourty is a mouthy t**t regardless of where he is from - geography has little to do with it

1. Personal abuse.
    Personal abuse is one of the most common problems on internet boards. Known sometimes as 'playing the man', whether foul language is used or not, this behaviour is
    not allowed.
    e.g. Calling someone a fat fool is the same as calling someone something more vulgar. This rule applies even in situations where another user has breached this, or
    another rule. Retaliation is still a breach of the rule.

Is that a tick or a redc card then?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

DuffleKing

Don't see why carl lewis would need to do goals

gallsman

NaomhBridAbú

Whereas spoilt brats from the Malone Road who think they're hard as nails making sniper poses in the Bot on a Friday night are shining examples of good parenting skills  ::)

Mcgourty is a mouthy t**t regardless of where he is from - geography has little to do with it

Unfortunately from a St. Brigid's point of view, geography has everything to do with it. Massive potential pool of players who were never allowed join clubs in west Belfast before Brigid's was founded by their frightened Mammies and Daddies, half of whom came from west Belfast themselves.

Exceptions to the rule, Decky O'Hagan at Sarsfields for example.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: gallsman on March 03, 2010, 10:26:39 AM
NaomhBridAbú

Unfortunately from a St. Brigid's point of view, geography has everything to do with it. Massive potential pool of players who were never allowed join clubs in west Belfast before Brigid's was founded by their frightened Mammies and Daddies, half of whom came from west Belfast themselves.

good luck
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Winnie Peg

Is it true that Jordanstown are for giving one to Bob the Builder

gallsman

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 03, 2010, 10:38:40 AM
NaomhBridAbú

good luck

Great response. You come on here mouthing about another club's players, what do you expect?

Sweetness?

tyssam5

Quote from: corcaioch on March 02, 2010, 09:33:32 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 01, 2010, 12:02:24 PM
I see in Irish News that Kevin McGourty is giving out about Usain Bolt getting an honourary degree from Queens rather than it going to a local athlete. He mentions soccer and rowing but says he especially advocates a GAA player as that is his sport. He suggested Sean O'Neill former Down and Queens star as an appropriate choice.  I suppose he has a point but...  Kevin McGourty...  :o

Seán O'Neill would have been a better choice IMO.

Doesn't he already have an real degree from Queen's? Can you get an honorary one on top of that?

Honorary to Bolt is a load of shite in fairness though.

gallsman

Quote from: tyssam5 on March 03, 2010, 11:15:35 AM
Quote from: corcaioch on March 02, 2010, 09:33:32 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 01, 2010, 12:02:24 PM
I see in Irish News that Kevin McGourty is giving out about Usain Bolt getting an honourary degree from Queens rather than it going to a local athlete. He mentions soccer and rowing but says he especially advocates a GAA player as that is his sport. He suggested Sean O'Neill former Down and Queens star as an appropriate choice.  I suppose he has a point but...  Kevin McGourty...  :o

Seán O'Neill would have been a better choice IMO.

Doesn't he already have an real degree from Queen's? Can you get an honorary one on top of that?

Honorary to Bolt is a load of shite in fairness though.

Has a Law degree.

Think the honorary degrees that are usually conferred are doctorates.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: gallsman on March 03, 2010, 11:13:48 AM
NaomhBridAbú

good luck

Great response. You come on here mouthing about another club's players, what do you expect?

Sweetness?

my response refelcts my interest in what you had to say - McGourty sisters are probably the best thing to come out of Antrim in years, and i hope that they work their magic in the All Ireland Club final - would love to see the impact that would have on the game in Antrim adn for one will be supporting St Galls, as always on St Patricks.

Sweetness - here's me...

gallsman

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on March 03, 2010, 11:32:37 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 03, 2010, 11:13:48 AM
NaomhBridAbú

good luck

Sweetness?

my response refelcts my interest in what you had to say - McGourty sisters are probably the best thing to come out of Antrim in years, and i hope that they work their magic in the All Ireland Club final - would love to see the impact that would have on the game in Antrim adn for one will be supporting St Galls, as always on St Patricks.

Sweetness - here's me...

The McGourty sisters? Witty?

I read one of your posts somewhere where you mentioned having watched Frank McGuigan do his stuff for Tyrone, which would suggest you're of a certain vintage.

Obviously either age and maturity share no positive correlation whatsoever or you're an absolute imbecile.