Danny Murphy says Ulster Council may have to raise admission prices for C'ship

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2010, 07:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

down6061689194

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 25, 2010, 07:05:08 PM
Quote from: down6061689194 on February 25, 2010, 06:03:35 PM
Looking at Premiership prices you wont get much change out of £40 for a ticket.

For me the championship is miles more important than any soccer match, regardless of whether I can see them at Mass on a Sunday.

8 Games a season are championship, Max.

Making an All Ireland Final will cost roughly £230, which wouldn't buy a PL season ticket, and is 1/3 of the price of a liverpool Season Ticket.

There is no doubt which Id Rather see.

I also think that the lads that will complain about the odd quid in a first round championship game will probably manage to get a hold of a ticket come september, along with thousands of other 'fans' who wouldn't dream of turning up for the glamour fixtures like Down V Queens.

Family wise, saving up for a family day out, Down fans this summer could have a fantastic weekend away at the match in Donegal.

I'd save if I had to to see Down play, because nothing beats it.
wtf are you talking about? You'd get to see a lot more than 8 games for a premiership season ticket but that's irrelevant, this isn't the premiership.

8 championship matches for less than a third of a top 4 season ticket is better value.

Think Murphy is also exagerating the low attendances, there were certainly a good % of seats filled at all the games i watched.

armaghniac

The GAA often shoots itself in the foot, giving the impression of high prices, and so reducing attendence. Children may be free, but nobody knows for sure. Student prices exist for one game, but not for the next one. Only this have season tickets been widely known about. Some of the timing of games is not designed to maximise attendances and big games are shoehorned into unsuitable stadia.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: armaghniac on February 25, 2010, 11:05:20 PM
The GAA often shoots itself in the foot, giving the impression of high prices, and so reducing attendence. Children may be free, but nobody knows for sure. Student prices exist for one game, but not for the next one. Only this have season tickets been widely known about. Some of the timing of games is not designed to maximise attendances and big games are shoehorned into unsuitable stadia.

Enitrely the Ulster Council's fault who continue to refuse to offer student concessions even though it works perfectly well at the biggest games at Croke Park.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

T Fearon

Maybe Mr Murphy should think of what other businesses are doing in this recession, like contemplating staff redundancies or introducing pay cuts, and cutting back on operational programmes.

Trevor Hill

The point is that as of yet there has been no increase in prices and even if there was those of us who attend games would not be put off by an increase of a few pounds. It seems the vast majority of posters on this forum are like followers of English soccer teams. They talk plenty, but rarely get to games.

full back

Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 26, 2010, 04:34:54 PM
The point is that as of yet there has been no increase in prices and even if there was those of us who attend games would not be put off by an increase of a few pounds. It seems the vast majority of posters on this forum are like followers of English soccer teams. They talk plenty, but rarely get to games.

And of course if you dont go to games (regardless of the reason why) you arent a true supporter ::)

T Fearon

The question is you numbskull, the likelihood of an increase of your few pounds, actually attracting back the lost fans or contributing to even more lost fans. Most sensible people would conclude that it will definitely:

a) Not entice those people who are not attending currently, to attend

b)Make a significant portion of those who are currently regular attenders, to think carefully if they can afford to continue to attend.

As the old saying goes, two pounds is a lot of money if you haven't got it.

down6061689194

Quote from: full back on February 26, 2010, 04:46:57 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 26, 2010, 04:34:54 PM

And of course if you dont go to games (regardless of the reason why) you arent a true supporter ::)

Have to say as A January game man, I feel a little bit like im sitting with part timers come championship.

Hearing stupid comments and jibes about players, particularly those who I have seen progress throughout the year frustrates me.

I'm also feeling a bit like a Munster Rugby fan, I can't stand the waaayyying when a keeper is kicking the ball out.