NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on February 07, 2010, 11:03:44 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on February 07, 2010, 05:38:06 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2010, 05:27:26 PM
Ros Comáin 1-10 An Cabhán 2-20 in Dr.Hyde, feck sake Roscommon would need to get their act together.

At home against arguably one of the poorer teams in the division as well. A long year ahead for the rossies by the looks of things.

Should their world champion minors not be making some inroads at senior level by now? They'll only be 21/22 so it's far too early to write them off altogether, but you'd have thought at Div 3 level they'd start to have an impact.

Ros started with four of the 2006 minors today and midway through the first half, one of them - Donie Shine - looked like he was going to beat Cavan on his own, kicking some wonderful long range frees, and an excellent goal, helping Ros to a 5 point lead. However a bit like Mayo last year (except it didn't happen in first 15 mins), once Cavan got into their stride, Roscommon offered a pityful resistance. The team unfortunately has no leaders, is too light weight, no midfield, no one to take a score other than Shine and sad to say but this is looking like another tortuorous year. That said, I think our U21s will put up a good show this year and we'll just have to wait a few years before we are any kind of force at senior level again. Well done to Cavan today. Along with ourselves they are considered favourites for the drop to Div 4 - but they will take a few more scalps yet.

Fair enough, I suppose the problem is that rather than trying to blend in your young lads with the established players, you're almost trying to build a new team from scratch with them because the existing players in the 24-30 age bracket aren't good enough. We won't write off the 06 minors for another couple of years yet then.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Azzurri

Poor stuff today. Looks like division 4 for next year but we'll keep the faith.

Well done Cavan by the way.
That was some display

boojangles

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on February 07, 2010, 11:03:44 PM
Ros Comáin 1-10 An Cabhán 2-20 in Dr.Hyde, feck sake Roscommon would need to get their act together.

At home against arguably one of the poorer teams in the division as well. A long year ahead for the rossies by the looks of things.

Should their world champion minors not be making some inroads at senior level by now? They'll only be 21/22 so it's far too early to write them off altogether, but you'd have thought at Div 3 level they'd start to have an impact.

Ros started with four of the 2006 minors today and midway through the first half, one of them - Donie Shine - looked like he was going to beat Cavan on his own, kicking some wonderful long range frees, and an excellent goal, helping Ros to a 5 point lead. However a bit like Mayo last year (except it didn't happen in first 15 mins), once Cavan got into their stride, Roscommon offered a pityful resistance. The team unfortunately has no leaders, is too light weight, no midfield, no one to take a score other than Shine and sad to say but this is looking like another tortuorous year. That said, I think our U21s will put up a good show this year and we'll just have to wait a few years before we are any kind of force at senior level again. Well done to Cavan today. Along with ourselves they are considered favourites for the drop to Div 4 - but they will take a few more scalps yet.

Your Goalkeeper was a big problem today lads,he must have kicked it to a Cavan man 6 or 7 times today.Some of your fans were saying he was one of your best players last year so maybe an off-day for him. Overall your distribution out of defence was very poor today and made it easy for Cavan. You's aren't as bad as you's showed today. Man that Donie Shine is some act.A few more men around him and you's could still make an impact but like Cavan yas need a few midfielders.

rossie mad

Thought cavan were very good and even when ross were a few points up it was always cavan that looked the most dangerous.
Very disappointed with yesterday and was very disillusioned with the approach of the team as they looked disinterested and jaded.

Cavan however were very good and if they can hold their heads and not let this inflate their confidence will be very hard beat by any team ths year.
It was a very impressive preformance.

Agree claffey was off form but thought the movement for the short kick outs were very poor anyway.
Not looking forward to heading to enniskillen this saturday more in hope than expectation.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2010, 05:44:10 PM

I wonder what the housing stock is like in Ballaghadereen, Mayo Co. board could buy a few cheap and sell them cheaper to the great Rossie minor team lads, then they could truely get a chance to thrive at Senior Inter-county level.    ;D
The post in full and in bold the kicking them when they were down i was refering to .
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 08, 2010, 04:29:26 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 07, 2010, 05:44:10 PM

I wonder what the housing stock is like in Ballaghadereen, Mayo Co. board could buy a few cheap and sell them cheaper to the great Rossie minor team lads, then they could truely get a chance to thrive at Senior Inter-county level.    ;D
The post in full and in bold the kicking them when they were down i was refering to .

Not one Rossie took offence, all took at as the usual Mayo-Ros banter over Ballagh, at least Parsons was on a winning team last sunday, whats the Charlestown-Bellaghy housing stock like these days?  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

magpie seanie

Disappointing result for Sligo. Listening to Ocean FM (as I drove past Parsons home place as it happens) it seemed we could have got a draw out of it. Unfortunately came up empty handed. Antrim are a good team and not many will beat them up there but I just thought without the Galls lads we should have done it.

As I felt at the outset this is going to be an incredibly tight league. 5 wins will put you close or maybe get you promotion. Sligo (and all the others) who lost last weekend need to get off the mark next weekend. Louth and ourselves have had some good battles in recent years. Should be a good one.

neilthemac

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mattockranger

Coming home from the game in drogheda yesterday...

I felt we made hard work of the win.....especially considering wexford were without their 3 top forwards

Our half Forward line is clueless...and very defensive minded and a full forward line who's idea of link play is to look up and if their mothers not there then you aint getting it....
Our defence put under pressure will creak especially our full back line although i thought hoey at CHB was a calming presence

to be honest I think the 2 teams in drogheda , along with the Rossies will be scrapping it out for safety....my hope and
The difference between us and the rest of the teams in this division is Paddy keenan....if anything happens him we become very ordinary he might keep us up single handedly
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Rossfan

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 08, 2010, 07:41:54 PM
Quote from: neilthemac on February 08, 2010, 07:35:25 PM
Ros for Sam 2010

Thats the spirit  ;)
Aye . We can concentrate on giving London a game and dont be worrying about th'oul League  ::)
Disaster day but sure we'll improve .......................... 8)

Wont we? :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: Rossfan on February 08, 2010, 10:00:27 PM
Aye . We can concentrate on giving London a game and dont be worrying about th'oul League  ::)

I don't know, but if this isn't a wake up call, it's time to give up. Theres a 6 page thread on Stolen Sheep outlining where Fergie's going wrong, some posters outlining what he needs to do to win an all-ireland.

:o

Honestly, like...
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

rossie mad

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on February 09, 2010, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 08, 2010, 10:00:27 PM

I don't know, but if this isn't a wake up call, it's time to give up. Theres a 6 page thread on Stolen Sheep outlining where Fergie's going wrong, some posters outlining what he needs to do to win an all-ireland.

:o

Honestly, like...

The same usual muck from rossie fans.
Start analysing where the manager is doing things wrong when in fact the simple problem lies with the players not being in the county.End of story we dont have the players at the moment.
The manager has proved his worth already and in my eyes shouldnt have taken the job in the first place because its a poisoned chalice.
He should have been given the u21 job first and then work with the same group of players all the way but no in roscommon we as usual put the cart before the horse.

The clubs in the county wont play the championship until the county is finished in the championship which is a big problem in my eyes.
Numerous motions brought to the convention have been defeated on this over the years.

Optimism is a big part of every rossie fans life and even when i was walking into the game sunday i said to the missus i have a good feeling about this year and that it good one to remember.I wont repeat what she said to me with ten minutes to go.
Alas we probably have to endure another year of pain.
I have my tickets booked for london but if the league continues on a same level as sunday i genuinely fear for that game.
Anyone from fermanagh down in tullamore sunday?
What do you fancy about youre chances on saturday?
I will be travelling but not with much expectation.

Denn Forever

There is always hope for Roscommon.  Good bunch of U21s and if there was a transfer system in GAA how much would Shine be worth?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rossie mad

In fairness shine was the one bright light coming from the match sunday.

The problem is 3 or 4 forwards around him and our lack of a midfield.

Our u21s should do well this year and the future looks bright but i remember saying that back in 1999 as well ::)

One of two things couls happen on saturday in enniskillen.
Ros taking the beating on sunday to heart and come out all guns blazing or fermanagh will just devour us like dogs and heap more misery on us.

I know which one ill be backing.