Public Order offences - Tyrone "Fans"

Started by Disgusted, February 05, 2007, 11:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disgusted

I am posting on the board to express my disgust at the behaviour of a select bunch of louts from Tyrone. A native of Monaghan, I am well used to having fellow Ulster GAA fans travel through the county en route to Croke Park and like so many others wished them well on (well, nearly) every occasion. However, the behaviour of some fans is almost enough to turn me against them.

On Saturday afternoon, the usual procession of northern reg's were making there way along the N2, when I noticed a van, appearing to have been one on hire form "Corrigans" van hire of Dungannon, was pulled up on the road side to make a pit stop. The van was pulled up beside a residential entrance, and as I passed by I noticed that there was a number of men lined up from pier to pier urinating through/on the road gates onto the lane way! This is absolute sc**bag level filth. I actually stopped my car and approached the van as I know the owner of the house, but of course, as brave as they were, they quickly jumped back in to the van and sped off just as I was attempting to open the van door; I was lucky that they didn't take my hand with them!

To make the scenario even more puzzling, there was an entrance into a field right next to the residential gates, and indeed plenty of long grass along the roadside to urinate on.

I'm sure that many others will agree that this is not such an unusual sight, and indeed I agree myself that it's not so unusual, however, even before this particular incident, I would have noted that it appears to be Tryone men who insist on urinating at the gates of residences. Going back the year at this stage, I remember returning from Croke Park on the stretch of the old N2 (as it is now) between Ardee and Carrickmacross, and seeing a bus load alight to, again, urinate on the gable wall of an old time house which literally adjoined the edge of the road...

I'm sure many more can recall similar stories, and of course, I'm not tarring every Tyrone fan with the same brush, nor am I saying that it's only Tryone fans, I'm merely speaking from my experience.

Am I the only one who finds this unacceptable???  >:(

Orior

It is unacceptable. Particularly the way they pissed off real quick.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stephenite

Agree - but think it's a tad unfair to be posting up the name of the van hire outfit, they cannot be responsible for the anti-social actions of a minority of their customer base.
Might be a small point but you're making them guilty by association and I know I will never ever user Corrigans in future after reading that ;)

lawnseed 2

have you ever noticed how freestaters are fixated on "northern regs" no matter where there is an incident or aan accident its always mentioned in southern news reports only lately i ran rte to enquire as to the revelance of this information regarding a report on a road traffic accident and they had to agree that since the guards were not looking for the car the state in which it was registered was not revelant and as i stated a fixation, as for the pissing your lucky these guys drove off it sounds to me that theyve had a few and may have warmed your lugs for you. matches on a saturday night are going to draw this element i think youll probably find they went on to some night club after the match and more than likely slept in the " ;)northern reg"

Fionntamhnach

Sounds like a bunch of idiots TBH. No defence of it can be applied, only to say that most counties, especially those who are fortunate enough to have been recently successful, have this element.

Next time it happens, make a note of the number plate and report the incident to the Gardai. While it might appear fruitless, it'll give them ammo to contact the PSNI to see who the bus was booked by and ask either them or the driver to identify the culprits, or at least issue them with a warning stating that another incident will see the driver or company owner receive a summons.

Tyrones own

As bad as they were to be at it in front of someones house i wonder would Mr disgusted be so quick to
go to the bother of logging into this site, open an account and proceed to post this message if there had a been an MN in the reg,
I think not..... >:(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Over the Bar

QuoteA native of Monaghan, I am well used to having fellow Ulster GAA fans travel through the county en route to Croke Park

Are you sure you are from Monaghan and not similar to the "Concerned Monaghan Supporter" that Paddy Heaney rumbled in the Irish News in 2005 straight after Tyrone bate Armagh in the semi-final? :P  Despite your claims that you aren't 'tarring every Tyrone fan with the same brush' you nevertheless appear from nowhere, open a new account under the name "Disgusted" (at Tyrone fans obviously), start a new topic and choose to call it "Public Order Offences - Tyrone Fans".   Overall a poor and rather blatant attempt at trolling. 

pintsofguinness

::)
I thought this was going to be something serious.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh4SamAgain

I cant beleive anyone is daft enough to try an get on that bus!! He must be a nutter!!
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 06, 2007, 08:18:21 AM
QuoteA native of Monaghan, I am well used to having fellow Ulster GAA fans travel through the county en route to Croke Park

Are you sure you are from Monaghan and not similar to the "Concerned Monaghan Supporter" that Paddy Heaney rumbled in the Irish News in 2005 straight after Tyrone bate Armagh in the semi-final? :P 

Were any children or animals injured in the process of this piss-stop?

Oh, and thanks Over the bar for reminding us of that 2005 semi-final............
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Over the Bar

QuoteOh, and thanks Over the bar for reminding us of that 2005 semi-final............

Anyone who was at that game, whether Tyrone of Armagh can be nothing other than proud to have witnessed such a contest.

realredhandfan

Shouldmnt happen but does, are you sure it wasnt a stag do?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Naturally, apart from the result. And McGeeney should never have been taken off. And, and, and........
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Over the Bar

QuoteShouldmnt happen but does, are you sure it wasnt a stag do?

You are probably righ RRHF.  It was likely a bus-load of mates on a stag from Derry, Down & Armagh who all decided to go dressed as Tyrone fans to sully our unspoilt reputation!  ;D

Star Spangler

I live on the N9 and a bus load of Kilkenny supporters did the same thing at my gate a couple of years ago.  You can't say it's any specific counties - supporters from all counties do it, including Monaghan no doubt.