Tory, UUP and DUP voting alliance!

Started by ziggysego, January 19, 2010, 09:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 20, 2010, 09:48:37 PM
Noble aspiration Zap but you will find there are  a lot of castle Catholics don't want a united Ireland... sadly it ain't even close.

and Nationalist Protestants? Don't forget them too.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2010, 10:53:29 PM
Noble aspiration Zap but you will find there are  a lot of castle Catholics don't want a united Ireland... sadly it ain't even close.

In your dreams Ziggy... very, very few I would think.

T Fearon

Iin all serious the Stoops and Shinners must come together now and ensure nationalist/republican seats stay in the hands on Nationalist Republicans. If they are unwilling to do so, then compromise nationalist candidtaes should stand. The nationalist electorate must maximise its vote and advantage

Fermanagh/ S Tyrone, West Tyrone, Mid Ulster, Newry/Armagh, Foyle, North and West Belfast should be safe nationalist seats always.

I never ever remotely trusted unionists of any hue, and never will, and I would fear for peace if they hold the balance of power in the next British Government

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2010, 11:12:52 PM
Iin all serious the Stoops and Shinners must come together now and ensure nationalist/republican seats stay in the hands on Nationalist Republicans. If they are unwilling to do so, then compromise nationalist candidtaes should stand. The nationalist electorate must maximise its vote and advantage

Fermanagh/ S Tyrone, West Tyrone, Mid Ulster, Newry/Armagh, Foyle, North and West Belfast should be safe nationalist seats always.

I never ever remotely trusted unionists of any hue, and never will, and I would fear for peace if they hold the balance of power in the next British Government
Good post Tone, I would however extent your distrust to the nationalist community, we have had the choice of an ineffective, inept sdlp or the no nonsense, extremist faction that is the shinners? I for instance hold both in equal contempt, what do I do in that instance?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: stew on January 21, 2010, 12:26:44 AM

Good post Tone, I would however extent your distrust to the nationalist community, we have had the choice of an ineffective, inept sdlp or the no nonsense, extremist faction that is the shinners? I for instance hold both in equal contempt, what do I do in that instance?

Watch this space Stew. There could be a few tasty alternative options at election time and I ain't talking dissidents.

stew

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 21, 2010, 12:29:43 AM
Quote from: stew on January 21, 2010, 12:26:44 AM

Watch this space Stew. There could be a few tasty alternative options at election time and I ain't talking dissidents.

Fox, i hope you are correct.

stibhan

What people don't understand about this is that mainstream unionists are trying to unite against the TUV, not the Sinners or the SDLP. The idea that it's going to be a good thing if someone like Fianna Fail or some new party comes round as a new electoral force belies the fact that unionists biggest weakness at the current time, Graduategate aside, is that they are divided. Jim Allister will easily prey on any electoral pact in my opinion, and if that has no consequences for this election I would be surprised--even more shocked if it doesn't for the next. A weak party on the one hand isn't so bad with a strong party on the other, in a pan-nationalist sense. Two or even three healthy enough ones spells trouble.

Tonto

Quote from: red hander on January 20, 2010, 05:30:45 PM
Quote from: Tonto on January 19, 2010, 11:14:57 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on January 19, 2010, 10:38:29 PM
This doesn't surprise me one bit. I have said it all along, Britain will never give up this place but it will continue to run its PR bullshit to keep us kind hearted nationalists happy. Anyone who thinks there will be a United Ireland by peaceful means needs there head examined. The south is leaderless I have no doubt the British government could buy & sell Cowan as he just doesn't cut it as a leader. Its hard to say it but war is the only way a United Ireland will come about, but that won't happen anytime soon. This place is a bomb waiting to explode
Not a big fan of democracy, then? ::)

I don't think people on this board require any lessons or lectures on democracy from unionists
What if that person was born in 1986, supports the GFA/St Andrew's Agreements and would hate to see the fall of the power-sharing Executive?  Or are all unionists collectively to blame for whatever supposed injustices you have ever faced?  Indeed, have you ever been disciminated against because of your religious/political affiliations?  I have.

Surely that person, unionist or otherwise, is perfectly entitled to lecture any supporter of violent means on democracy. ::)

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 20, 2010, 11:06:30 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2010, 10:53:29 PM

In your dreams Ziggy... very, very few I would think.

I know a few.
Testing Accessibility

Tonto

North Belfast a safe nationalist seat?  That constituency has more unionists than nationalists and has NEVER in its 125 year existence EVER had a nationalist MP!!!

stew

Quote from: Tonto on January 22, 2010, 04:58:12 PM
This doesn't surprise me one bit. I have said it all along, Britain will never give up this place but it will continue to run its PR bullshit to keep us kind hearted nationalists happy. Anyone who thinks there will be a United Ireland by peaceful means needs there head examined. The south is leaderless I have no doubt the British government could buy & sell Cowan as he just doesn't cut it as a leader. Its hard to say it but war is the only way a United Ireland will come about, but that won't happen anytime soon. This place is a bomb waiting to explode

I don't think people on this board require any lessons or lectures on democracy from unionists
What if that person was born in 1986, supports the GFA/St Andrew's Agreements and would hate to see the fall of the power-sharing Executive?  Or are all unionists collectively to blame for whatever supposed injustices you have ever faced?  Indeed, have you ever been disciminated against because of your religious/political affiliations?  I have.

Surely that person, unionist or otherwise, is perfectly entitled to lecture any supporter of violent means on democracy. ::)

I wish that didnt happen to you tonto, notice i didnt use the word supposed. You cannot compare discrimination between nationalist and unionist, you lot had the courts, the police, the sc**bag udr, the brits. We got harassed, beaten up and murdered by the above.
I worked with part time udr cnuts, they were the bitterest shower of knackers I ever come across, one of them got the deadner and they went mad when I refused to give a few quid for flowers, two men never spoke to me again after that, fcuk them too. That bastard I worked with stopped me on patrol, spat on the girlfriend and told me that one of these days he was going to accidently discharge his weapon in my face. I shed no tear for scum like that, he discriminated against Catholic people all the time, the sad thing is his ilk probably swelled the ranks of the ra by his actions.
Tonto, you have no idea what it was like to grow up as a Catholic in the north, you have no idea of the damage the security forces  and the courts did. As far as I am concerned the brits should be charged with war crimes in the north for their actions, killing innocent Catholics and aiding and abetting the loyalist killers in the UVF etc.

magickingdom

Quote from: Tonto on January 22, 2010, 04:58:12 PM

sure you are tonto just dont expect to be taken too seriously when your part of an artificially created majority in that democracy. on a personal level you always seem like a good skin and for what its worth its very wrong that you were discriminated against. .

Tonto

Quote from: stew on January 22, 2010, 05:19:14 PM
I wish that didnt happen to you tonto, notice i didnt use the word supposed. You cannot compare discrimination between nationalist and unionist, you lot had the courts, the police, the sc**bag udr, the brits. We got harassed, beaten up and murdered by the above.
I worked with part time udr cnuts, they were the bitterest shower of knackers I ever come across, one of them got the deadner and they went mad when I refused to give a few quid for flowers, two men never spoke to me again after that, fcuk them too. That b**tard I worked with stopped me on patrol, spat on the girlfriend and told me that one of these days he was going to accidently discharge his weapon in my face. I shed no tear for scum like that, he discriminated against Catholic people all the time, the sad thing is his ilk probably swelled the ranks of the ra by his actions.
Tonto, you have no idea what it was like to grow up as a Catholic in the north, you have no idea of the damage the security forces  and the courts did. As far as I am concerned the brits should be charged with war crimes in the north for their actions, killing innocent Catholics and aiding and abetting the loyalist killers in the UVF etc.
Stew, I know numerous people who served in the UDR and, believe me, I know for a fact that not all of those who served were like you described.

But that's not the point.  The point Hereiam made was that a return to violence was required in order to gain a UI.

So we're dealing with issues as they are NOW, not issues as they were 30-40 years ago.  As things stand, surely all right-minded people would agree that violence simply cannot be justified.  Particularly as the majority of the people in Ireland, north and south, gave their support to the GFA and, in reality, Protestants are just as likely to be discriminated against as Catholics.

Denn Forever

When Ian and Martin prayed
Post categories: Politics, Religion

William Crawley | 15:20 UK time, Friday, 22 January 2010

Ian Paisley has spoken for the first time about praying in private with Martin McGuinness while they served together as joint heads of the Northern Ireland Executive. Dr Paisley made his comments in a public interview with me earlier this week at Queen's University. The interview is now available online. He said:

'[Martin McGuinness] took some risks. For a Sinn Fein leader to call other Republicans traitors when there was the shooting of the two Army men, I mean that was a very tough thing to say... We got on well together because we had a good foundation, and as long as we kept to that foundation all was well... There were some individual matters that he had, home matters of people being ill and his mother being ill, and we prayed together. Well, I did the praying and he did the listening, but he wanted me to do it... I offered prayer for him, and I think that was the right thing to do, and I don't care what people say. I hope that I have the same heart that Christ had, a love for others who needed help at times of need.'

I asked Ian Paisley about the irony of journalists writing stories, at the time, noting that he had failed to shake Martin McGuinness's hand in public, while they were praying together in private. Dr Paisley said he has never been impressed by staged handshakes in public.

You can listen to the whole interview on the Culture Northern Ireland website.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tonto

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 23, 2010, 12:17:38 PM
When Ian and Martin prayed
Post categories: Politics, Religion

William Crawley | 15:20 UK time, Friday, 22 January 2010

Ian Paisley has spoken for the first time about praying in private with Martin McGuinness while they served together as joint heads of the Northern Ireland Executive. Dr Paisley made his comments in a public interview with me earlier this week at Queen's University. The interview is now available online. He said:

'[Martin McGuinness] took some risks. For a Sinn Fein leader to call other Republicans traitors when there was the shooting of the two Army men, I mean that was a very tough thing to say... We got on well together because we had a good foundation, and as long as we kept to that foundation all was well... There were some individual matters that he had, home matters of people being ill and his mother being ill, and we prayed together. Well, I did the praying and he did the listening, but he wanted me to do it... I offered prayer for him, and I think that was the right thing to do, and I don't care what people say. I hope that I have the same heart that Christ had, a love for others who needed help at times of need.'

I asked Ian Paisley about the irony of journalists writing stories, at the time, noting that he had failed to shake Martin McGuinness's hand in public, while they were praying together in private. Dr Paisley said he has never been impressed by staged handshakes in public.

You can listen to the whole interview on the Culture Northern Ireland website.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that he only called the gunmen traitors after the shooting of Catholic police officer, Constable Carroll, rather than the shooting of the two soldiers?

I remember thinking at the time that that there was a rather telling difference...