Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerfArmagh

excellent, i was going to drive down to cross, think i'll watch it on the box now instead

Milltown Row2

Drive down ya Bollix, should be a better game live at Cross. Wet and windy day forecasted, our lads are fairly built now. what about the younger Cross lads, are they made for winter football yet?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lone Shark

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 29, 2010, 11:46:13 AM
Quote from: Lone Shark on October 29, 2010, 10:29:53 AM
Quote from: The Worker on October 28, 2010, 08:13:41 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on October 28, 2010, 08:10:11 PM
No team could ever be "bet of the year" in a tight game between two proven clubs and with the draw such a strong possibility. Enjoy the game but don't go nuts punting this one.

When was the last time cross werent favourites for a game they played??

Honest answer, I'd say the 2007 Ulster final against Galls was close in the betting, but the last time they were definitely underdogs was probably the 2000 All Ireland against Na Fianna.

This is different though in the sense that Cross have never played reigning All Ireland champions before.

I'm not sure what the point is anyway - that if they're odds against, they have to be punted?

They went into that 2000 final as All Ireland champions though so couldn't have been too long odds.

Remember that match well - the day 2 Cullyhanna men played on different sides in an All Ireland final.

It wouldn't have been very long odds but there was a lot of money for Na Fianna that day. I wasn't long in Paddy Powers but I remember a big fuss about holding the line against the tide even though everybody wanted a piece of the Glasnevin All Stars.

mackers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2010, 12:28:58 PM
Drive down ya Bollix, should be a better game live at Cross. Wet and windy day forecasted, our lads are fairly built now. what about the younger Cross lads, are they made for winter football yet?
The short answer to that would be no imo. The younger lads wouldn't be fit for the muck and gutters and although the Crossmaglen surface is excellent, the younger lads need the dry sod. I couldn't see the likes of Kyle Carragher, the Kernans, Franny Hanratty having the same effect on a crappy day that is forecast for Sunday.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

KickHerDead

What is the Gervaghey porject?  Disgrace they are not allowed to play on their home ground considering Cross are playing in cross on sunday.  Looks rediculous

Olly

Honest answers please. I have never been to Crossmaglen and I would only read of it in newspapers, tv programmes or sung in songs by republicans on St Patrick's Day. I know it's known ass bandit country throughout Ireland. What I want to know is, how dangerous is it? I might be bringing 3-4 U18s from Bredagh to it and will they need to be on their guard at all times walking though it? I asked this in the clubrooms and they said that there's boys sitting in the mountains watching everyone come and go. It is also halloween night which might add to the carnage. Is it safe to do so?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2010, 12:28:58 PM
They'll glide like swans whilst your big aul heavy wans will sink to the oxters :D

Applesisapples

Quote from: Olly on October 29, 2010, 03:42:25 PM
Honest answers please. I have never been to Crossmaglen and I would only read of it in newspapers, tv programmes or sung in songs by republicans on St Patrick's Day. I know it's known ass bandit country throughout Ireland. What I want to know is, how dangerous is it? I might be bringing 3-4 U18s from Bredagh to it and will they need to be on their guard at all times walking though it? I asked this in the clubrooms and they said that there's boys sitting in the mountains watching everyone come and go. It is also halloween night which might add to the carnage. Is it safe to do so?
As long as yez aren't Brits ye'll be fine.....I hope!!! 8) (imagine the smiley has a Beret)

Olly

Why would I be renting Brits? I'm not an effing pervert. I haven't rented them U18s if that's what you're insinuating.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

haranguerer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2010, 07:46:30 PM

I jest BC1, my money is going on the club. I might even go for us -1

Galls - 1, Roslea + 3  ??

Applesisapples

Quote from: Olly on October 29, 2010, 04:09:51 PM
Why would I be renting Brits? I'm not an effing pervert. I haven't rented them U18s if that's what you're insinuating.
Look you have to use a bit of imagination when reading my posts, typing isn't really my thing, I meant aren't, but hey if your into kinky stuff who am I to criticise

armaghniac

QuoteHonest answers please. I have never been to Crossmaglen and I would only read of it in newspapers, tv programmes or sung in songs by republicans on St Patrick's Day. I know it's known ass bandit country throughout Ireland. What I want to know is, how dangerous is it?

Cross is full of rulyas of all sorts. It would be a bit of craic for the Bredagh crowd, sure they don't live at all there in Castlereagh.

Sunday will be mostly cloudy with rain over Leinster, Munster and part of south Connaught, mainly dry in Ulster and north Connaught. The rain will be heavy in the south leading possibly to localized flooding

The weather might be decent enough. I think Cross' may regret the loss of Jamie Clark as he could have slotted over the extra point or two needed to win against the Galls.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Carmen Stateside

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"