RTE Aertel Latest Scores Service

Started by mylestheslasher, February 04, 2007, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: INDIANA on February 04, 2007, 10:33:51 PM
Give it a rest about Dublin - some of you were obviiously born with a Jarlath Burns pathological dislike of everything Dublin- you have to bring into everything - utterly pointless comment and really shows how many plonkers are members of this site.

Bud Wiser

Getting back to the topic in question, Teletext.

I was going mad to see how my county were getting on against Westmeath yesterday and the service was woeful.  It is either through laziness or something they do not update the results.  The Laois Westmeath game score was not available up to almost 4.30 not to mention any updates.  They should either do it or forget about it.

Is there any other service providing scores so you can find out what is happening at a game.  For English Soccer they give the attendance but for our own they give the impression that nobody was there.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 05, 2007, 11:40:08 AM
Getting back to the topic in question, Teletext.
I was going mad to see how my county were getting on against Westmeath yesterday and the service was woeful.  It is either through laziness or something they do not update the results.  The Laois Westmeath game score was not available up to almost 4.30 not to mention any updates.  They should either do it or forget about it.
Is there any other service providing scores so you can find out what is happening at a game.  For English Soccer they give the attendance but for our own they give the impression that nobody was there.
This discussion board is the best Bud. You can usually get an update from someone on most games if you ask and on occasions links are given to radio commentary. This board beats Aertel hands down!!

never kickt a ball

15.46 and all the National League results are on aertel HOWEVER they have the Derry v Westmeath score mixed up. They have Derry winning 3-10 to 1.09 instead of Westmeath: More agony for you Bud if you tune into Aertel :D

Sorry Derry fans but Westmeath won ::)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Brilliant how you got that pic on line though!!!!

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on February 11, 2007, 03:59:50 PM
Aye

Tell you what you post the other pages. Go to http://www.rte.ie/aertel/241-03.html

Right click on the results and save picture as on your computer. Then go to tinypic.com and browse for the aertel image on your computer. Upload it and then copy the second one on the list and paste it onto your reply on this thread.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Good stuff....endless possibilities haha - though I'm working now so I'll pick it up tomorrow.

joemamas

could not agree more , was looking for some half-time scores today non existant. just out of curiosity switched over to soccer results, up to the minute scores . it was 1-0 to whoever goal scored aftre 22 mins, it was already posted even with only 30 mins gone in game.

gerrykeegan

Unless my eyes deceived me the RTE  6 o'clock news had the Westmeath score wrong also!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gerrykeegan on February 11, 2007, 08:04:03 PM
Unless my eyes deceived me the RTE  6 o'clock news had the Westmeath score wrong also!

I think Aertel had the score the wrong way around today (yet again).

I thought Derry had won the game until I heard on Newstalk this evening that Westmeath did.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 11, 2007, 03:48:16 PM
15.46 and all the National League results are on aertel HOWEVER they have the Derry v Westmeath score mixed up. They have Derry winning 3-10 to 1.09 instead of Westmeath: More agony for you Bud if you tune into Aertel :D

Sorry Derry fans but Westmeath won ::)
Yes Galway here is evdence

never kickt a ball

Me thinks RTE have been listening to the comments on this board.

magickingdom

aertel are a joke, i take the point about live feed from big games but on occassion aertel have no score two hours after games finish. there is no excuse for that. the gaa when neg. tv rights with rte should insist that aertel wake up..