National League Live - Kerry V Mayo

Started by Cloc Mor, February 04, 2007, 02:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloc Mor

scores either end - Mayo 0.11 - 0.7 Kerry

Cloc Mor

Slack free for Kerry agus carta bui - Mayo 0.11 0.8 Kerry

Owenmoresider

What the hell is Deegan playing at? Too many of these card-happy refs about.

Cloc Mor

Darragh given a carta bui for nothing.  Shit refereeing

Goal for Mayo out of the blue. Mayo1.11 - 0.08 Kerry

Cloc Mor

GONE - Trevor Mortimer with carta dearg - what the f**k is that referee at?

Cloc Mor

Gooch with hard worked point - Mayo 1.11 0.10 Kerry

Cloc Mor

Quile, I think with, point for Kerry - only 3 in it

Cloc Mor

All over and a deserved win for Mayo - Mayo 1.11 0.11 Kerry. Slan

An Gaeilgoir

A good game...terrible reffering,really terrible.A hard game but overall a fair game. I thought KIlcullen,Gardiner and AOM were consisent. Dillon again excellent also T. Mortimer. A good start for John o but a bit early to get carried away.

Mayo4Sam

Good result for us today, should have been out of sight in the first half though.

Kilcullen was excellent at FB but i cant see quirke ever wearing a kerry jersey again, huge man but not a footballer based on what we saw today

Gardiner looks to have his confidence back with 3 points.

All the backs were excellent, not to be faulted at all, excellent display at CHB by BJP
Harte & Brady were good without being fantastic
Austion O'malley was excellent at FF, cant see why he was taken off.
TM was very good
Thought chuckie should have been taken off at half time but was good int he second half
Andy moran was very quiet.
Mortimer was shocking and should have been subbed
conroy was terrible and subbed off after being brought on
Dillon was MOTM IMO, excellent play, esp the second half, ran the show to put us 5 points up

The biggest thing about this match was the ref, what a disgrace. AOM was blatently pushed in the back while thru on goal, should have been a penalty, again o'malley went for high ball was pulled by the FB and somehow got booked??
CM's shorts were pulled down whilst he was shooting?
Everybody was booked, for what? Donaghy was sent off for nothing, as with TM
In short deegan/deehan was a disgrace, anybody come across him before? He's from laois

All in all though the better team won pulling up and should have been out of sight by half time
Plenty of positives to be taken from this

Was ashamed of the sneering abuse donaghy got when sent off, all he ever did wrong was to destroy us in a fair way in an AIF, it wasn't nice to see

Poor enough attendance i thought as well, expected more
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Redgreenery

Great Game -was at it.
First thing noticed was the referee- desperate I think if he had the chance he would have given everyone a yellow card. David Brady had an absolutely top class game and was very enjoyable to watch and he can take Donaghy with no problem. Heany played well. James Kilcullen who was put in full back to mark Micheal Quirke played a brilliant game and was well able to mark the tall Kerry man who didnt have a good game at all.Higgens had a goood game. Andy Moran didnt have his best game but he had a good bit of the ball and did play well. Peadar Gardiner has defineatly come on and is on form scoring 3 points. Pat Harte was put in alongside D Brady in midfield and had a great game and scored the goal that made all the difference. Trevor Mortimer although sent off had a brilliant game and was enjoyable to watch and its great to have him back!! Alan Dillon had a good game. Conor Mortimer was very disappointing and didnt play well at all, he took a free from right in front of the post too quickly and sent it very wide. He wasted a good few chances. He only took probably only one good free kick all game. Austin O Malley played brilliant and I couldn't understsnd why he was taken off by JOM while C Mortimer was having a much worse game. Kevin O Neill also played very well.

Overall it was a very enjoyable game to watch and everyone from Mayo was thrilled to have beaten Kerry!!

Redgreenery

Well now Mayo are on top of the table in 2007 with it looking like this as on 4 Feb 2007:

Team           P W D L  F      A       +/-  Pts
1 Mayo         1 1  0 0 1-11   0-11     3    2
2 Donegal     1 1  0 0 1-12   2-7       2    2
3 Tyrone       1 1  0 0 0-11   0-10     1    2
4 Fermanagh  0 0 0 0 0-0    0-0       0    0
5 Limerick      0 0  0 0 0-0     0-0      0    0
6 Dublin        1 0  0 1 0-10   0-11    -1    0
7 Cork           1 0  0 1 2-7     1-12   -2     0
8 Kerry          1 0  0 1 0-11    1-11   -3    0

From the Bunker

Woke up Sunday morning (more likely afternoon) all ready for a nice day in front of the Telly with my remote for a day of Channel flicking between Mayo/Kerry and Ireland/Wales. But no TG4 reception. Is this the new way of getting locals to go to the Match. Bet the TG4 reception in Kerry was A OK?

OirthearMhaigheo

Not sure if I was looking at the same game, maybe it looked different on tv, sometimes you miss things when at the game but I thought Trevor Mortimer was very average. Ran into trouble constantly and rarely took the right option when he had the ball. Not being overly critical of him as its only Feb but the amount of praise he's getting is a bit OTT. I also disagree with the comment that A Moran was quiet, he got through a site of work, that will be his role for the year I think, the Dooher/Galvin role, the amount of covering and protecting he did in front of the backs meant the gaps weren't there for Kerry. Kilcullen had a good solid start, he wasn't a bit over awed by the situation. BJP was very solid if unspectacular, didn't even notice Brosnan yesterday, as for upfront, not quite sure why Austin was taken off, we weren't the same team without him. All in all a good start to the year, 2 points in the bag and a couple of new players tried out in new positions. Finding new players is what it's all about at the moment, winning was a great bonus as I think we'll pick up enough points against the weaker teams. I doubt Kerry will be losing too much sleep after dropping a couple of league points but for us it was a bit more important to help the rehabilitaion after last Septembers massacre.

Bomber2312

According to JOM austin was taken off because they had word that one more foul and he was to be sent off.
Referee was awful,did he help mayo out by taking the phyicallity out of it?
Kilcullen done well on quirke but once Sean O Sullivan went in ther he seemed to lose concentration and lost a couple of high balls.
BJP was good, LOM and HIggins very good.
To me alot of the time mayo didnt have great direction in attack, mortimer and o'malley spent alot of time soloing in circles? anyone agree