ATM heists are cool

Started by longrunsthefox, December 11, 2009, 07:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Ulick on January 16, 2010, 01:00:59 PM
Am I the only one who thinks these are so highly organised they are probably being carried out by our dissident friends?

I'd imagine you are. If they are highly organised, they are probably not being carried out by the dissident morons.

longrunsthefox

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Aerlik

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 11, 2009, 07:10:33 PM
the banks are the real robbers...   Bob Dylan said it... 'some rob you with a shotgun and others with a fountain pen'   

My late uncle was a Garda officer and he used to say that banks weren't feckin robbed half enough (in his broad Cashel accent).  We used to crack up when he started.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Maiden1

How to f&*k do you drive a digger down the main street and crash it into a wall then make a clean get away in a flat bed truck?  It just doesn't make sense and the police station is just down the road but they blocked the police from getting to them by parking the tractor in the road.  It wasn't like they escaped in a Ferrari or anything.  Is there only 1 road into town, even if one road was blocked surely there must be another road close by they could have used to get to the town centre.  If someone said to me lets drive into town in a tractor and steal a bank machine I would ask them to come back to me when they came up with a better plan.

Do these cashpoint machines not have some sort of GPS on them so that they can be located if anyone tries to drive off with one.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 16, 2010, 04:16:49 PM
I'm saying nothing   ::)

Too late fox, you've already registered your respect and admiration for these drugs-debts-funders.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ulick on January 16, 2010, 01:00:59 PM
Am I the only one who thinks these are so highly organised they are probably being carried out by our dissident friends?
What, Republicans subverting their noble heritage and traditions by engaging in criminal activities? Hard to believe, surely... ::)

Anyhow, as Hardy points out above, these so-called Dissidents do not appear to be sufficiently well organised, if their past history is anything to go by.

No, if I were of a mind to construct some sort of conspiracy, I'd look to pin it on some other organisation which had a track record of Northern Bank robbery, as well as a reputation for efficiency of operation. Any suggestions at to who might fit such a description, DonaghUlick?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

bingobus

As someone pointed out, a few years back the digger, tractor and trailer would have been worth a good few pound without have them to burn them out on the spot.

I wonder if a few builders/plant hire places have received a few quid in cash and an insurance claim for the "use" of their "stolen" plant*

* - disclaimer, pure idel speculation but makes for good reading  :o

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: bingobus on January 19, 2010, 03:35:05 PM
As someone pointed out, a few years back the digger, tractor and trailer would have been worth a good few pound without have them to burn them out on the spot.

I wonder if a few builders/plant hire places have received a few quid in cash and an insurance claim for the "use" of their "stolen" plant*

* - disclaimer, pure idel speculation but makes for good reading  :o

It really does!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 19, 2010, 03:03:50 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 16, 2010, 04:16:49 PM
I'm saying nothing   ::)

Too late fox, you've already registered your respect and admiration for these drugs-debts-funders.

Speculation... you have no idea who is doing it.

gerry

i see foxs mates got out today, i bet he is glad

Four arrests follow ATM thefts

Police investigating the theft of ATMs and related criminal activity have arrested four men in County Tyrone.

Two men, aged 27 and 19 were arrested in Fintona and a 20-year-old man was arrested in Fivemiletown.

A 35-year-old man was also arrested in Dungannon.

Police said the four men were being held at stations in Dungannon and Omagh. The police said their investigations were continuing.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

longrunsthefox

No-one charged yet...

10.30 tonight BBC 1 Spotlight:  Hole in the Wall   Hard-hitting investigations on the major stories affecting life in Northern Ireland. Stephen Dempster investigates the real cost of the recent spate of ATM robberies.
The real cost... wow  :o

hairyhog

Quote from: gerry on February 18, 2010, 01:03:31 PM
i see foxs mates got out today, i bet he is glad

Four arrests follow ATM thefts

Police investigating the theft of ATMs and related criminal activity have arrested four men in County Tyrone.

Two men, aged 27 and 19 were arrested in Fintona and a 20-year-old man was arrested in Fivemiletown.

A 35-year-old man was also arrested in Dungannon.

Police said the four men were being held at stations in Dungannon and Omagh. The police said their investigations were continuing.

I would be surprised if any of these lads were linked to dissident republicans considering at least two of them are from the other side of the house so to speak. They are pretty notorious for other criminality so if they were involved in any ATM thefts i would presume it was more opportunistic or copycat style that direct orders from paramilitaries.  Questioning them will hardly help find the offenders in the border areas

leenie

had a good giggle at the 6 police landrovers driving past kellys inn while their was a heist in action....

longfox if ye think atm heists are cool, you should see eglish novelty act, they won the county there on sunday.... very funny!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility