Best way to get from Manchester to Liverpool

Started by Donegal Danny, December 01, 2009, 11:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donegal Danny

I am heading over to the Utd game on Saturday the 16 of Jan. Want to fly from Derry on Ryanair to Liverpool as it is close to me. Flying out on Friday afternoon around 2.30 or so. Should be staying in Manchester city centre so want to know whats the best way to get back to Liverpool airport on a Sunday morning. Flights leave at 12.25 back to Derry.Chespest way apart from Taxi. Thanks.

bingobus

Quote from: Donegal Danny on December 01, 2009, 11:08:18 AM
I am heading over to the Utd game on Saturday the 16 of Jan. Want to fly from Derry on Ryanair to Liverpool as it is close to me. Flying out on Friday afternoon around 2.30 or so. Should be staying in Manchester city centre so want to know whats the best way to get back to Liverpool airport on a Sunday morning. Flights leave at 12.25 back to Derry.Chespest way apart from Taxi. Thanks.

Bus or train.
How many of you is there? By time you get into Lime street and on train to Manchester, you'd be as save getting a taxi from airport to manchester. If you have enough, between 5 of you's it could work out as little as stg10 a man in taxi. Can pre-arrange this with some taxi firms in Liverpool or Mancland.

Archie Mitchell

Train to Manchester Picadilly would be cheaper if going on own or small numbers. If there is enough of use best getting a taxi.

Orior

Dang. I thought this thread was about something else and I was going to say "Practice, dear Danny, practice".

Has any Man U player ever moved to Liverpool?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Donegal Danny

Going to be on my own, the other lads are from Galway/Mayo and flying from Knock so don't have the numbers for a taxi.

The Real Laoislad

Done it on the train a few times and found it grand
You'll Never Walk Alone.

boojangles

Train is a comfort and takes about 40 mins.Think its Piccadilly Station in Manchester into Lime Street in Pool.

cookstownblue

Quote from: Orior on December 01, 2009, 12:08:45 PM
Dang. I thought this thread was about something else and I was going to say "Practice, dear Danny, practice".

Has any Man U player ever moved to Liverpool?
Ince went- Via Milan

Heinze got a bad reception when he considered it!

pintsofguinness

You can get the bus to manchester city centre from liverpool airport and back again I would assume.

Either that or the trains are fine, run very often. You'd get liveprool  limestreet to picadilly in manchester (there's a pub down the street from the station called Picadilly too and it does the best chocolate fudge cake - MASSIVE portion) Taxi from Limestreet to the airport is about a tenner/15 quid or there's a bus for about 2.50 that runs every 20 minutes.

you'll not be stuck that's for sure. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?