Breaking Bad

Started by DennistheMenace, October 28, 2009, 11:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on January 28, 2014, 06:05:22 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 28, 2014, 05:19:12 PM
Quote from: Canalman on January 28, 2014, 04:43:48 PM
Finished S6 a couple of weeks ago.  Like alot of posters here thought the ending was a bit limp as most of the big "issues" ( I am trying not to spoil things ) had already been sorted out before the end. Most of the ahem "interesting "characters were not involved towards the end.

My sixpenceworth is that BB while very good is not worthy of the ott raving that is going on. It had imo by far 2 of the most annoying characters ever seen on TV which sucked alot of the good out of the series anytime they were on the screen. Important characters maybe, annoying yes.

Still definitely worth seeing.

Which 2?

Don't want to be unintentionally spoiling show for anyone so won't name them ..............  close family members of one of the two main characters.

I'd say your a glass half empty man?
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Just finished watching it about a week ago - avoided this thread for fear of spoilers! It was probably the best box set i've ever watched. I reckon i'll take it out and start again from season 1 in a few years time.

Hardy

Quote from: Canalman on January 28, 2014, 06:05:22 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 28, 2014, 05:19:12 PM
Quote from: Canalman on January 28, 2014, 04:43:48 PM
Finished S6 a couple of weeks ago.  Like alot of posters here thought the ending was a bit limp as most of the big "issues" ( I am trying not to spoil things ) had already been sorted out before the end. Most of the ahem "interesting "characters were not involved towards the end.

My sixpenceworth is that BB while very good is not worthy of the ott raving that is going on. It had imo by far 2 of the most annoying characters ever seen on TV which sucked alot of the good out of the series anytime they were on the screen. Important characters maybe, annoying yes.

Still definitely worth seeing.

Which 2?

Don't want to be unintentionally spoiling show for anyone so won't name them ..............  close family members of one of the two main characters.

I agree about the baby. Ugly.

Billys Boots

Jonathan Banks has confirmed that he will be playing his BBad character, 'fixer' Mike Ehrmantraut in 'Better Call Saul'.  I liked this character.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Yes - great character. He dominated every scene he appeared in.

southdown

Mike was a great character alright.  I hope Skinny Pete and Badger appear in the spinoff as well!

Minder

Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2014, 11:57:59 AM
Yes - great character. He dominated every scene he appeared in.

He oozed menace
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Apparently so

4 episodes into series 2. Alright so far but I'm very close to stop watching it because of Walters wife. Sweet Jesus, has there ever been a more annoying tv character than that bitch?

From the Bunker

Quote from: AFS on January 30, 2014, 12:34:27 AM
Quote from: Apparently so on January 30, 2014, 12:08:14 AM
4 episodes into series 2. Alright so far but I'm very close to stop watching it because of Walters wife. Sweet Jesus, has there ever been a more annoying tv character than that bitch?

Yes. Hank's wife.

That's the beauty of the series/show. She's the last straw in his torment! Stick with it! I've just started series 5! All I can say is you lucky bastard to have 40+ episodes to go to the end!

clarshack

was at season 5 episode 7 last night. only 9 more episodes to go!

southdown

Watching Dexter now.  Its good, but just not the same.

imtommygunn

The last ever episode of dexter is shockingly bad.

If I knew what I know now I think I would avoid the last series...

Billys Boots

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2014, 12:01:12 PM
The last ever episode of dexter is shockingly bad.

If I knew what I know now I think I would avoid the last series...

Don't say a word - I've two to go, hopefully will finish it this weekend.  I can't wait for it to be over - excruciating.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

tbrick18

Is season 8 the last season of Dexter?
Watching it at the minute, think I've 4 to go. Not the best season so far anyway, but I've enjoyed it up until now.

imtommygunn

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 30, 2014, 12:34:15 PM
Is season 8 the last season of Dexter?
Watching it at the minute, think I've 4 to go. Not the best season so far anyway, but I've enjoyed it up until now.

Let's see what you think after the last episode...

Great show Billy. One of my favourite - but ending hugely disappointing.